There really should be a OVA of RD.

I guess but I think that there should be a movie length 'episodes' for every game in the series.

... or if it tells a slightly altered and more plausible story beyond halfway part 3...

But anyway... personally I think the whole story of Tellius just screams to be made into manga/anime ova...

so much interesting plots to tell....

Starting with the War against Yune...

Some infos about the young Greil... (and the Four Riders/Daein at this time)

How the heck did Almedha end up in Daein...

Background for the new characters from RD...

Stefan's Kingdom in the future? / his city in the present?

More begnion way of seeing things? (All we ever get from begnion is nobles, evil senators yadayadyada...)

Honestly, if they're gonna shovel out the funding for something like that... go for the icon everyone knows. Marth.

Tellius is fine and all... but it's freaking Tellius.

Ike's fans for this rendition of FE is niche compared to "Marth debuted in Smash Bros."

For the Wii version they seriously should have abandoned those low-budget still images with scrolling text and used actual 3D cutscenes. They do have a few, like 2 major ones and 2 extremely short ones, why not use it for all of the between-chapter cutscenes? The 3D quality's actually not bad, I love the semi-cel-shade style, though the voice acting was absolutely terrible. Using still images and scrolling text is the traditional fire emblem feel and is perfect for handheld devices like GBA or DS, but it looks amateur and like one of those online Flash games if it's still used on a Wii for TV. The only time that RD should use still images and scrolling text is base conversations, as most of those are just chitchat and actually more relaxing to read than to watch.

I disagree that everything needs to be cutscenes. What I thought was more appaling was the lack of proper support for widescreen TVs for the still backgrounds. IS doesn't have unlimited budget but they could have drawn backgrounds bigger if they made the decision to have the maps work in widescreen. There maybe could have been maybe 1 or 2 more cutscenes, like when Sothe gets dropped, but otherwise I really like the high quality portraits that were obviously improved fron FE9.

The problem with the cut-scenes is the voice acting. It was generally terrible all around plus American accents just don't work in fantasy (imagine Lord of the Rings with American accents...exactly). Problem is, Intelligent Systems doesn't have the biggest of budgets. They can't afford so many cut-scenes in such a huge game that is almost as much story and plot as it is battles. Even if they could afford it, there'd be complaints all over about the dreadful voice acting (although PoR was worse with Ike's ridiculous mumbling and the Black Knight's 'robot voice'), which they'd need an even higher budget to improve upon.

I like the text screens and portraits. It's just what FE is supposed to feel like, in my opinion.

Graphically, the portraits and backgrounds were fine. It's the battle maps that needed to be improved somewhat moreso (despite being an obvious step forward from PoR), as I felt the detail could have been a little better (although maybe the Wii can't handle it. I don't know much about this stuff). However, it's hardly a complaint, because most of the battles were so awesome I didn't care.

The weird thing about the Black Knight's voice is that, in 4-E-2, he notes how it is so similar to Zelgius' voice. However, the BK's PoR cut-scene voice and Zelgius' RD cut-scene voice are totally different (I guess it's something that was overlooked...maybe they never planned a sequel originally).

Don't see why fancy cutscene graphics are necessary for what is, essentially, two to four people standing in a room talking to each other. I wouldn't say that Final Fantasy was really enhanced by full 3D cutscenes and voice acting rather than the pseudo-3D and text boxes that you got in 7-9.

They don't even have enough budget to create proper cutscenes, clear game bonuses, unlockables, and animations (some enemies and attacks don't even have battle animations ffs) for this game, what makes you think they have enough money to create an OVA?

Honestly, if they're gonna shovel out the funding for something like that... go for the icon everyone knows. Marth.

Tellius is fine and all... but it's freaking Tellius.

Ike's fans for this rendition of FE is niche compared to "Marth debuted in Smash Bros."

Marth would need some personality changes to better connect with the new age fans though, he seemed a bit too naive in his own games. Than again those games games came out a long time ago when technology was limited and the script was pretty generic.

That and at least Marth wont have to fight a never ending shipping battle like Ike does since Marth gets with someone while Ike doesn't get with anyone and leaves on a journey alone or with Soren.

No he isn't much better but at least he isn't as bland as basic Marth. After all he came out years ago, he could use some life breathed into him.

But at least you can say Marth doesn't shy from responsibility and did propose to the girl in the end instead of shunning everyone and going on a journey with no intentoin of ever returning.

Yeah, the whole 'Ike leaving Tellius forever and never being seen again' thing was a bit...off. I wasn't sure if I liked it. Not that I thought he should have a happily ever after ending or anything, but given that he was good friends with just about the entire main cast that survived RD, it was a bit weird.

True he wasn't exactly Mr. Personality, but at least he had something of a sense of humour (however dry).