Which fanbase ships the worst OTPs?/Which are the worst OTPs of any fanbase?

Xiltas Crysten

Not being omni-scient, I start with the OTPs of the series I know that I find outright terrible:

LinkxLink (doesn't matter if OoTXTP, or OoTxTPxSS, it's just... gross. Not homosexuality, but that zelda-fans dare to mix up the essentially same character. I don't know what to call it. Incest? Masturbation? Self-Rape?)

NarutoxSasuke (I mean, come on: the kiss right at the beginning was an accident, nothing romantic happened between them. Naruto is clearly in love with... well, can't say that he's still in love with Sakura, but there are signs in the near past that there's also a possible future with Hinata... Whatever. NaruxSasu is not Canon. They're just friends/rivals/deadly enemies. Fun Fact of this pairing: Sasuke is always the receiving end.)

I actually had about five in mind when I started writing this topic, but somehow I only remember these two right now.

What's your opinion?

Cloud x Sephiroth. I mean seriously. Cloud wants him dead. Seph wants like, to be a planet. I'm so tired of big "sword" shipping.

Shouldn't this be outside the game forums since it didn't specify game fanbase?

Anyway Harry Potter fandom has some really weird-ass ships and the most hardcore, rabid shippers who sees their unconfirmed fanon pairings (even with the /arguable/ subtext) as if they already have the word of Rowling on it and lashes out on any dissenter, going as far as to make hatedoms of the canon partners of the subject of their favourite shippings. I remember Tonks getting hated on by some really hard-core Sirius x Remus fans purely for the fact that she married Remus. It's one thing to dislike a character for their defining traits, but to hate purely because the creator married her off to the subject of a popular fanship is utterly ridiculous.

(now Sirius x Remus isn't that unreasonable of a fanon ship and I can see why people might like it, and most of the fans are alright, but the most hardcore of its rather large fanbase is...terrifying.)

Edited by Zhuge Liang

A lot of the Naruto/Sasuke fic summaries I read through had Sasuke topping (as in, Sasuke/Naruto), but okay. Yeah.

Also, IkexMarth or IkexRoy or MarthxRoy. Stop ittt, it's painful. In regards to the Smash Bros universe, obviously.

Also Zutara. Sure, people can ship it, but to go "BAWWWW THE NEW SERIES SUCKS BECAUSE OF KATAANG BAWW" is stupid.

Shouldn't this be outside the game forums since it didn't specify game fanbase?

Anyway Harry Potter fandom has some really weird-ass ships and the most hardcore, rabid shippers who sees their unconfirmed fanon pairings (even with the /arguable/ subtext) as if they already have the word of Rowling on it and lashes out on any dissenter, going as far as to make hatedoms of the canon partners of the subject of their favourite shippings. I remember Tonks getting hated on by some really hard-core Sirius x Remus fans purely for the fact that she married Remus. It's one thing to dislike a character for their defining traits, but to hate purely because the creator married her off to the subject of a popular fanship is utterly ridiculous.

(now Sirius x Remus isn't that unreasonable of a fanon ship and I can see why people might like it, and most of the fans are alright, but the most hardcore of its rather large fanbase is...terrifying.)

Oh my gawd...the HP fandom. Why...god...why....

Korra seems to be getting some ridiculous shipping business and...yeah it kinda put me off the show.

A Song of Ice and Fire has some hilarious ones. They get funny! Of course there are shipping wars. Sandor/Sansa gets A LOT of beef. Arya/Anyone... The possible Jon Snow/Daenerys ship gets a lot of blood roiling. Jaime/Brienne. Let the torpedoes commence!

Zelda has a lot of bullshit shipping wars.

I just dont care for shipping in general.

Sora X Riku. Take Naruto X Saskue and multipliiy it by 9000.

Do Naruto and Sasuke spend extended amounts of time inside each others' bodies?

Because he's a guy? :/

Straight guy, to be specific (though I don't know him personally, so that's just a presumption).

My vote would go out to anything like Rugrats or anything else where most of all ships would be "wrong" in some way (unless they were non-sexually but that would go against many peoples' ideas of what actually counts as a ship).

You can talk about whiny fanboys/girls all you want but doesn't stuff like this trump that, ultimately?

Every single yaoi pairing involving Tales of Symphonia party members, because the game tells you outright that all of them are straight.

Sora X Riku. Take Naruto X Saskue and multipliiy it by 9000.

Everything is different in Dream Drop Distance, unless I am just remembering the past games incorrectly, because Sora *MINOR SPOILERS* sort of gets saved by Riku as if he were the classic damsel in distress. *END*

I don't know if its because I'm old enough to realize what kind of characters Sora and Riku are, or that in Dream Drop Distance *MINOR SPOILERS* they deliberately made Sora a wimpy, whiny, stupid kid and Riku a strong, calm, intelligent hero. If I recall, the history of Kingdom Hearts is Sora saving Kairi from danger and Riku from his power-lust, so why make Riku the badass? It's actually somewhat frustrating. *END SPOILERS*

Ike X Soren

Very annoying

Ike X Soren

Very annoying

I agree with this. It doesn't help that I dislike yaoi either. Pokemon is the most screwed up fanbase in terms of shipping, though, if you ask me. Shippers from there even ship cities. CITIES. Just what. The. Hell.

Is it bad that I ship Tour Guide from the Underworld and Effect Veiler with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in a hilarious love rhombus?

Because I think it's cute and more people should.