Which fanbase ships the worst OTPs?/Which are the worst OTPs of any fanbase?

Xiltas Crysten

Is it bad that I ship Tour Guide from the Underworld and Effect Veiler with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning in a hilarious love rhombus?

Because I think it's cute and more people should.

Isn't that a triangle? You only listed three people.

Here's a terrible OTP that's actually canon: Edward/Bella from Twilight. Yes? No?

Yes, definitely. I don't see what's so great about Edward. His actor is not even that good-looking. Jacob seems like the only cool character from the books. A hot muscular guy (Taylor Lautner, anyway, who plays Jacob in the movies) who can transform into a wolf/werewolf/whichever? That sounds awesome. Plus, I never liked vampires, and sparkly ones sound even stupider.

I'm not even a bit interested in Twilight though, so I can't really say much.

Here's a terrible OTP that's actually canon: Edward/Bella from Twilight. Yes? No?

They are made for each other, courtesy of a terribad author.

Pokemon. I've seen people who ship Pikachu x Ash.

I'm not even joking. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Wat gend

Wait

I don't want to know anything more about this.

Cities? That's got nothing on IsaacxRoof. It has to be read to be believed. Oh Golden Sun.

http://www.fanfictio..._Over_His_Heart

ALHAHAFHAHAHAHADIES

IsaacxRoof is deffs the best Golden Sun pairing. :D

And can I say that I ship IkexSoren because I find it to be a cute pairing, even if it is one-sided?

As for worst OTPs... I dunno, AnythingxGardevoir?

Yes, definitely. I don't see what's so great about Edward. His actor is not even that good-looking. Jacob seems like the only cool character from the books. A hot muscular guy (Taylor Lautner, anyway, who plays Jacob in the movies) who can transform into a wolf/werewolf/whichever? That sounds awesome. Plus, I never liked vampires, and sparkly ones sound even stupider.

I'm not even a bit interested in Twilight though, so I can't really say much.

Leah is actually pretty cool too. But that's it, pretty much.

Also, this came up in the drafting IRC chat (even though Raven told me not to spread it, haha): Subtext does not always equal buttsex. It can if the subtext is really obvious, but unless you can write something convincingly well and add character development to push things in that direction, it's not going to be plausible buttsex.

Personally I like IkexSoren. Ike himself is pretty asexual as far as lords go (though he definitely has a NOPE moment with Aimee), but I honestly feel he has some chemistry with Soren. It's not the "worst" ship out there and it's not only based on the fact that Ike has a paired ending with Soren. I see it as being a step above EliwoodxHector or GerikxJoshua, as far as paired endings are concerned. Soren does open up to Ike about things he never tells anyone else, and his ending will always mention his devotion to Ike. So, at the very least, you can call it a one-sided ship. I don't even think it has to be a sexual relationship either, even if there are all those times when Ike REALLY loves his meat. They should have kept IkexOscar.

Even though it's canon, I know all the girls I went to high school with all hated BellaxEdward and genuinely loved Jacob so much more.

I think N x BW protag is a cute ship, but sexual ships in Pokemon are very creepy. Especially trainer x (insert Pokemon here), or pairing up any of the protags of the show, considering they're all like 10 years old.

Any ship that involves rape is the worst. A lot of it isn't even statutory rape (student x teacher for example), or staged BDSM, but flat out violent forced rape. It's disturbing that any of that still holds a shred of appeal for some people.

Eh, I'd hesitate to call endings like Ike and Soren's ending a paired ending. They're not romantic at all, so yeah. It's just how I prefer it, anyway. I'd rather just call endings like that, Soren and Stefan, or Ike and Ranulf just A support endings.

But yes, at the most, Ike and Soren is a one-sided pairing, I agree.

I personally like Stefan and Soren better anyway though, as far as non-romantic endings go. I really think living in the Branded village with Stefan is the best thing for Soren. He'd be with other people besides Ike that would care about him and no one would ignore him or leave him to starve there. He'd also learn to be more open-minded and basically be less of a dick.

Edited by Anacybele

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Korra get pretty bad. I don't get the whole Zuko/Katara pairing, I know that at some point it was planned in development and then scrapped because the creators realized it made no sense. Still people go nuts about it even though it's established as, you know, not canon. It also does not help that the writing for Avatar and Korra, while really good, falters *heavily* when it comes to romantic relationships. I think that Korra would have been a much better show had they kept the whole love triangle/quadrangle thing out of the show and focused on the main conflict between Republic City and the Equalists. The story would have been more focused and effective as a result. As for why I think it falters, another topic for another place, I ramble too much as it is.

Golden Sun... you get some that are actually serious and screwy (not helped that a lot of the characters are interchangable, character writing in these games is really not high on the priority list) like a slew of 'fix-fics' because people didn't like the pairings for Dark Dawn. Then you get the ones that are flat-out parodies, like the Isaac/Roof pairing. That is more of a parody than anything else, it really is. Only thing like that that is close to canon is Nina/Table-kun from Code Geass where...yeah...

Pokemon...not even touching that. Back away. Immediately. Turn and RUN because this gets goddamn scary. Same thing for Kingdom Hearts and Harry Potter.

As for why people have such an aversion to Yaoi over Yuri is not just a part of more guys on the internet, but how vocal people are. Yaoi fangirls tend to be *extremely* vocal and *extremely* opinionated to the point of outcasting anything that doesn't fit. Yuri fanboys on the other hand tend to be not as vocal. They'll still support lesbian pairings that make no sense but they won't be in your face yelling about how their fan-wank is the only real pairing that could exist. That's probably the biggest issue. It's also easy to point out all the rapey subtext in Yaoi because the characters are two guys. The same sorts of subtexts exist in yuri, it's harder to see because there are two women, and unless one is using a strap-on you don't have the same effect. The rape subtext is still there, dear lord it is still there.

Because I suck I am going to argue over some of the decisions pointed out in this topic. Please forgive me it is a curse.

NarutoxSasuke (I mean, come on: the kiss right at the beginning was an accident, nothing romantic happened between them. Naruto is clearly in love with... well, can't say that he's still in love with Sakura, but there are signs in the near past that there's also a possible future with Hinata... Whatever. NaruxSasu is not Canon. They're just friends/rivals/deadly enemies. Fun Fact of this pairing: Sasuke is always the receiving end.)

Oh come on. This is a very sensible shipping on account of the strong bond they share. Naruto's constant insistence to save Sasuke from himself can easily be interpreted as repressed romantic love, especially given that he has grown out of his lust for Sakura. It may not be canon homosexual, but it's the easiest non-direct ship among the big 3, probably.

Sora X Riku. Take Naruto X Saskue and multipliiy it by 9000.

See above, this is a clearly reasonable shipping on his part. This is the same guy who fell to his knees and cried when he found Riku, but gave a simple warm hug when he met Kairi. Kingdom Hearts II was practically made for yaoi fangirls, man.

A Song of Ice and Fire has some hilarious ones. They get funny! Of course there are shipping wars. Sandor/Sansa gets A LOT of beef. Arya/Anyone... The possible Jon Snow/Daenerys ship gets a lot of blood roiling. Jaime/Brienne. Let the torpedoes commence!

Okay, while I can say I personally think a Sandor/Sansa thing would have been kind of neat, like her redeeming him, I think most could easily see it was never going to happen. Though Jaime/Brienne is easy to put together, and would be a great and possible pairing.

I think N x BW protag is a cute ship, but sexual ships in Pokemon are very creepy. Especially trainer x (insert Pokemon here), or pairing up any of the protags of the show, considering they're all like 10 years old.

Yeah but absolutely none of the ten-year-olds actually act or look like ten-year-olds. This is actually true of most anime main characters, in my opinion.

And in any event, even if every single episode and movie in the Pokemon series took place one single day after the other --which is preposterous-- Ash would still have to be twelve by now. More logically he should be in his mid or late teens with everything that has happened. So I have no idea how they'd keep with him being ten. There's only so many things you can do in a year. .__.

To comment on the Pokemon Black/White shipping, these are actually more plausible. The game states that the main protagonist and two rival/friend/insane people depending on your interpretation (Nuzlocke comics taking Bianca and Cheren and making them complete psychos) are stated to be 17/18. Which is very good and makes more sense. The 10 year old thing is, I think, mostly there for marketing. Because little children will demand parents to buy tons of crap.

And yes, Kingdom Hearts was pretty normal in terms of hetero/homosexual relationships. Sora/Riku was a comradeship in that game, while Sora/Kairi was hinted at affections. Then KH2 came around the developers gave up any pretense of trying to downplay any homosexual tendencies. Dear lord, it gets astounding how many yaoi pairings you can create in this franchise. And the fangirls went *crazy* over it. That's why I say stay away, because I have to invoke Sturgeon's Law here: 90% of all things are crap. This translates to fanfiction and fanart. Run away, now. FLEE~~

Okay, while I can say I personally think a Sandor/Sansa thing would have been kind of neat, like her redeeming him, I think most could easily see it was never going to happen. Though Jaime/Brienne is easy to put together, and would be a great and possible pairing.

I always saw Sandor/Sansa as him becoming her loyal sworn shield. Not exactly a full on romantic thing. Of course they both have odd, nigh romantic feelings for each other. Like Sansa remembering something that actually didnt happen. ;): Theres too much Ship Tease going on between those two. Theres plenty for Jaime/Brienne too. But will they end up together? Something tells me no. One of them isnt gonna survive the series. lol!

Omg Avatar/Korra is one of the worst. Those guys get vicious!

Definitely Harry Potter, in my opinion. Those shippers are vicious!

As for worst OTPs, Pokemon. Dear lord, the horrible nightmares that fandom has given me.

I recall a story once where May ended up pregnant and carrying Kyogre's child.......

I always saw Sandor/Sansa as him becoming her loyal sworn shield. Not exactly a full on romantic thing. Of course they both have odd, nigh romantic feelings for each other. Like Sansa remembering something that actually didnt happen. ;): Theres too much Ship Tease going on between those two. Theres plenty for Jaime/Brienne too. But will they end up together? Something tells me no. One of them isnt gonna survive the series. lol!

Omg Avatar/Korra is one of the worst. Those guys get vicious!

Not sure if you've read up to the most recent bits:

Clegane is dead after succumbing to fever, Sansa's off with Littlefinger and it looks like Brienne is about to majorly fuck over Jaime.

Man, when I'd heard Sandor died I thought "Hey, maybe Thoros'll bring that sucker back to life! Remember Beric Dondarrion's words? Surely he'll redeem himself or something!" Sigh. Come to think of it, most of ASoIAF is depressing compared to the cool things that could have happened. Though I guess it's still possible Clegane survived since the wording can be interpreted in a different way, if he didn't then I am depressed. ;__;

• 2 years later...