Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the sketch! Or at least as much as I could.

FxFAweddingsketchfin_zps060ec86f.png

I'll actually give that tree leaves in the coloring phase, lol. As well as make the background look less...well, bland, I guess. xP I think I messed up Chrom's head and neck a bit too. And Lissa's pigtails were kind of annoying to draw. I based her dress off of one I actually wore to a wedding myself once. As for Chrom's outfit, I just kind of altered his Great Lord outfit to look a bit more formal. Anyway, I imagine the characters to have this conversation, lol:

Kelli: Oh, Frederick, I'm so happy. And it's all because of you. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life!

Frederick: *blushes while smiling* Aw, shucks. I feel the very same way about you, you know. We might've had to wait some time, but now that peace has been returned to Ylisse, we can finally begin our life together.

Kelli: Aw, I'm so very glad! You're my Freddy Bear, right?

Frederick: Indeed I am.

Kelli: Oh, Frederick! I love you! *smooches cheek*

Frederick: *chuckles happily* I love you too.

Chrom: *shoots a thumbs up* Heh, way to go, Fred! You really know how to show a girl you love her!

Frederick: Well, so it seems!

Lissa: Wow, Chrom, they are SO cute! I just KNOW they'll be real happy! Those two have been in love for practically ages now!

Chrom: Yeah, no doubt. It's hard to believe that Frederick didn't even trust Kelli when we first met. And the next thing we know, he proposes to her! *shouts to the couple* You two have our best wishes!

Lissa: Yeah, woo hoo! Best of luck!

Frederick: Heh, I thank you both deeply!

Kelli: Yes, much thanks!

this doesn't really look all that interesting. the background is boring and the outfits are sub-par. well at least in my opinion.

Can't you say anything that's NOT rude? Also, I said this still wasn't complete due to the background being rough and that I would complete it in the coloring phase. As for the clothes, that's just down to personal taste.

He's not being rude, Ana. It's a bit blunt, but not rude. And to be honest, I agree. At least for Lissa, her dress is incredibly plain for a princess and her feet look blocky, although I'm not that great at drawing feet either. I can't say much about Chrom's outfit, since he's mostly covered up by Lissa and Kelli, but his head looks awfully tiny. It looks to be the same size as Lissa's. Frederick and Kelli look pretty good, but I feel like the thing on her skirt (not sure what to call it) shouldn't be pleated with the rest of her skirt. Overall it's not too bad, it just needs some fine-tuning here and there.

Can't you say anything that's NOT rude?

Well maybe if you listened to the tonne of people telling you to stop taking everything as an insult you'd stop seeing these sort of things as rude

why does chrom have a mustache? it looks like he has a mustache

2fEfa.png

srs

Edited by seph1212

why does chrom have a mustache? it looks like he has a mustache

2fEfa.png

srs

It's an eraser smudge. It won't be there in the colored version.

At least for Lissa, her dress is incredibly plain for a princess and her feet look blocky, although I'm not that great at drawing feet either. I can't say much about Chrom's outfit, since he's mostly covered up by Lissa and Kelli, but his head looks awfully tiny. It looks to be the same size as Lissa's. Frederick and Kelli look pretty good, but I feel like the thing on her skirt (not sure what to call it) shouldn't be pleated with the rest of her skirt. Overall it's not too bad, it just needs some fine-tuning here and there.

How is it plain with all those details? And it's honestly very difficult to draw many details that far away. I also didn't think anymore were necessary. Sometimes simple is the best, you know? And Lissa's dress is based off of a dress I wore to a wedding once, and it was fairly simple. I like the outfits, so I have no intention of changing anything about them.

As for Chrom's head, yeah, I agree I kind of screwed it up. I'm fixing it in the line art.

A skirt? I don't understand what you mean. Nobody's wearing a skirt. o_O

Edited by Anacybele

The bottom of the dress can still be called a skirt, silly Ana~

Do you know what she was meaning when she said that? If not I could try pointing it out for you with a picture.

The bottom of the dress can still be called a skirt, silly Ana~

Do you know what she was meaning when she said that? If not I could try pointing it out for you with a picture.

Oh, my bad. I didn't know. And no, I don't. xP

Oh, my bad. I didn't know. And no, I don't. xP

Okay so what I think she's trying to say is your drawing makes the two layers in the skirt look like they're too attached but it looks like you intended them to be two separate things. Kon is saying you should make them look more detached!

2fGx2.jpg

So instead you could try making it look something like this?

OH. Yes, you're absolutely right. I wish I had noticed that sooner. I would've fixed it before starting the line art. And speaking of which, I had trouble on Illustrator because of a lack of an eraser tool and not being able to figure out how to delete a path after stroking it, so I'm back in Photoshop again. xP

I decided to try using a different brush this time for the stroking part and I like my results.

I finished going over the characters with line art! I'll do the background after I color these guys.

FxFAweddingla_zpsb0931b53.png

I decided to try out a different brush instead of my usual, and I like what I see! I also discovered the Convert Point tool, which I wish I'd used before. It made doing smooth curving lines easy. I also decided to use three different line widths. 1px, 2px, and 3px.

This is looking like a coloring book page. lol

I also made the fixes as suggested. Chrom's head is nicer and a little bigger (and he actually looks more like Chrom now, lol), made Lissa's feet less blocky (I think), and I also fixed Kelli's gown. However, what you had drawn out, Freohr, was actually incorrect as well, I realized, so I redrew it to be just right.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

It's done, it's done, it's DONE! At last! :D

an_awakening_wedding___frederick_and_female_avatar_by_great_aether-d5ys8br.png

I realize I'm not the best with trees...lol Also read full description plus a little excerpt here. ^^

EDIT: Also, I actually used mostly brushing for shading this time. Only used dodge and burn a little bit.

Edited by Anacybele

I like what you did in this picture. I think Lissa looks particularly cute :newyears: . My only concern is that the tree is far too close to the side walk and the wall. It's roots wouldn't be able to grow so close realistically.

I like what you did in this picture. I think Lissa looks particularly cute :newyears: . My only concern is that the tree is far too close to the side walk and the wall. It's roots wouldn't be able to grow so close realistically.

Oh, well, couldn't the roots grow deep underneath the path and building foundation? You'd be surprised at what tree roots can do too. I've seen some really mess up some driveways and stuff.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww man I was SO looking forward to stache chrom with a beard. :<

chromstache_zps33fb4fd7.jpg Must Moustache!

Back to the picture though, I think it's pretty decent composition-wise and the dress came out nicely. Kelli's lips seem to be the only thing really out of place (they're the only outlined lips among the 4, and they're heavily outlined in black).

Kelli's lips seem to be the only thing really out of place (they're the only outlined lips among the 4, and they're heavily outlined in black).

I don't get how her lips totally ruin the picture lol, but I drew them that way to show she's wearing lipstick. xP