Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Of course. Who could forget those two who act like Jerec's favorite animal because they're branded from different tribes and thus don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancies because the genes won't mix? Lol. You should so give them an adopted kid sometime. Would be interesting if it was a wolf laguz...or if not, another branded, tribe doesn't matter. The latter seems more likely. I'm sure orphanages are full of brandeds in some places.

Everyone else is going to read that and be so confused probably xD

Haha, yeah, those two do have more of a fiery bed life than the other couples because of that. XD

And that's definitely something to consider since I already did that with Ralph in my Awakening universe (he adopts Polly the taguel girl, remember). Not every couple has to or will have kids though, so it would depend.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished coloring! I was working on it on and off because I was playing Heroes and stuff and then IKE BANNER HYPE! But it's done. ^^

knight_of_rare_blood___marina_by_great_a

You can also read more about Marina here. :)

I think you're art's gotten quite a bit prettier since a while back! Well-done :)

If you'd like some feedback, here:

- Her hair would look somewhat prettier if her bangs were a little longer, and were composed of less strands. Perhaps have that classic leaf in the middle, too, by fusing a couple of the middle bang strands.

- There's an alignment issue between the part of the spear above her head, and the part below. Look at the red line in the attachment to see what I mean.

- Some areas could use small highlights. Like the green things on her arms(?), or her boots.

That's all I can see and explain, right now. Keep up the good work :>

spear problem.png

@Tessie Spoon Thanks! :) And I appreciate the critique.

Her bangs are just like Lyn's though, since I used the mug sprite I made for reference and that used Lyn's face and bangs as a base. But maybe hers weren't the best to use anyway, or maybe it's just a style preference? Dunno...

As for the lance...that's odd, I don't know how that happened when I used a straight edge as a guide to draw it (because I knew otherwise it would be misaligned). Guess I didn't properly use it...

Oh, and her gloves and boots do have highlights...

I see the resemblance between hers and Lyn's bangs, though Lyn's were still slightly longer. I mean, if you yourself think the shorter bangs you drew already look nicer, then fine; that's your stylistic preference, and you're entitled to it. When commenting on the bangs, I was really just expressing my own taste xD

And yeah, sometimes using a ruler doesn't get you the right results. Perhaps because as you edit the lines you made with it, it starts being slightly off-aligned. I dunno, but that's just my experience xD

As for the highlights, I mean the brighter, off-white one you see on her breastplate and shoulderpad. I think the boots and gloves could use some of that, albeit taking up a lot less space than they did on the aforementioned breastplate and shoulderpad. And, looking at them some more I think the highlights would look nicer if you made them smaller, and less feathered. I think it'd fit more with the shading you have, since most of it is hard-yet-slightly-feathered.

6 hours ago, Tessie Spoon said:

And yeah, sometimes using a ruler doesn't get you the right results. Perhaps because as you edit the lines you made with it, it starts being slightly off-aligned. I dunno, but that's just my experience xD

As for the highlights, I mean the brighter, off-white one you see on her breastplate and shoulderpad. I think the boots and gloves could use some of that, albeit taking up a lot less space than they did on the aforementioned breastplate and shoulderpad. And, looking at them some more I think the highlights would look nicer if you made them smaller, and less feathered. I think it'd fit more with the shading you have, since most of it is hard-yet-slightly-feathered.

I actually don't have a ruler, so I used something else, but I suppose you're right anyhow.

...Why? That brighter highlight is on the armor because it's metal. Clothes don't give that same kind of shine since they're not metal. They're shaded differently because of that. Sorry, I'm just confused here. And..."feathered"? What?

Fair enough about the lighting on the armor. And when I said "feathered", I meant anti-aliased; you know, the thing you do to make edges look smoother. 

Also, about when do you expect to have another piece out? : o

8 hours ago, Tessie Spoon said:

Fair enough about the lighting on the armor. And when I said "feathered", I meant anti-aliased; you know, the thing you do to make edges look smoother. 

Also, about when do you expect to have another piece out? : o

Oh, that. I can see what I can do next time.

And I dunno, I guess whenever I feel like drawing again. Too much FE Heroes and stuff lately. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so this might seem random, but @Arcanite was interested in a recording when he saw that I'm a bit of a singer, so I did a new recording instead of re-uploading one of my older ones. I'd wanted to cover "Let it Go" from Frozen anyway. :P It took more practice though, because this song is a tough one and I still don't think I got it totally right.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QXBRLKr4fu

I think I need a bit more emotion on some of those higher notes. This is one of those more emotional songs, so no matter how good your voice is, you can't just take the song and sing it with a straight face and expect it to sound good. Higher notes are tougher than lower ones anyway though, imo.

But lately I'm finding more consistency in my recordings! I used to sound great one moment and then terrible the next, pretty much. I'm still not as consistent as I want to be, but I'm getting there. Because I'm redoing recordings far fewer times. lol I only redid this once (to try to get more emotion in there, but just couldn't nail it, and this isn't a song I want to repeat a bunch of times over and over because of length and all. But otherwise, I was okay with either recording). I think I was just trying too hard before and needed to loosen up a bit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry for any random background noises too. I don't know how those got there. o.O But it's nice that my laptop's mic catches the Youtube karaoke videos pretty well! I wasn't able to add music to my recordings on my previous laptop because the mic was stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow Ana

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Higher notes are tougher than lower ones anyway though, imo.

I think what you are saying was right, that you seemed to struggle a little with the higher notes. 

But I really think if you have enough practice you can totally nail it! You definitely have what it takes! I enjoyed listening to this one and I feel like you can get really good if you stick with it!

I liked it!

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Wow Ana

I think what you are saying was right, that you seemed to struggle a little with the higher notes. 

But I really think if you have enough practice you can totally nail it! You definitely have what it takes! I enjoyed listening to this one and I feel like you can get really good if you stick with it!

I liked it!

What I figured, yeah. But thanks, Arcanite. :)

I don't plan to make this a career or anything, I want game art to be that. But if I can still just do a little singing on the side as a hobby, sure thing!

On 4/26/2017 at 0:59 AM, Anacybele said:

Finally finished coloring! I was working on it on and off because I was playing Heroes and stuff and then IKE BANNER HYPE! But it's done. ^^

Hide contents

Sorry to all the people in the art threads, between life and Heroes, I've not be able to keep up or do much drawing myself.

I like the peg knight and the more simplistic clothing/armor style.  Simplistic not in a bad way, but a lot of the 3DS era clothing and armor was overly complicated and I've never been a fan of overly elaborate clothing in general.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:59 AM, Anacybele said:

Hide contents

Sorry to all the people in the art threads, between life and Heroes, I've not be able to keep up or do much drawing myself.

I like the peg knight and the more simplistic clothing/armor style.  Simplistic not in a bad way, but a lot of the 3DS era clothing and armor was overly complicated and I've never been a fan of overly elaborate clothing in general.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

No worries, Rezzy, you do have a family to support and believe me, Heroes and other stuff have been taking up a lot of my time too. lol

I agree, the more simplistic Peg knight garb from Tellius is better than the 3DS Peg knight designs. Though my biggest issue with them was the boob plate which Fates got rid of, so I can't say the Fates Peg knights were bad at all. I think the boob plate is unrealistic and impractical and it just looks silly. Not that I don't think it could realistically protect a woman's chest, I think it's less practical to produce for female soldiers. Women's boobs can vary in size from totally flat (almost what my chest is), to boobs the size of footballs (my cousin is like that). To accommodate how many different women could join an army like what FE gets, that's a LOT of custom-made boob plates. It'd be easier financially and economically to produce a chest plate for women like what Tellius has. One size from those would fit over many different breasts.

• 1 month later...

Finally got something new! I had to make this fanart because of the summer banner in Heroes. <3

Spoiler

i_ll_watch_the_horizon_with_you_anytime_

Freddy and the Robin from my Awakening playthroughs, named Kelli, wearing the Heroes swimwear and having a little tender moment together! Titled "I'll Watch the Horizon With You Anytime" because of Summer Freddy's title of Horizon Watcher in Heroes. :) Because Kelli totally would for as long as necessary for the man she's hopelessly in love with!

I think I've improved my shading and coloring techniques. ^^ I like how this came out. Though feet and hands are still annoying. I did okay on them here, I think, but they're still not the way I'd like to draw them...

The sand is empty because Freddy cleaned it up, of course. lol He always cleared away all the seashells and junk!

Kelli really is that short compared to her hubby, btw! They have the biggest height difference of all my couples. lol I made it this way because let's be real, Freddy is one of the tallest Awakening characters, and the default Robin builds aren't exactly much on height. :P

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Finally got something new! I had to make this fanart because of the summer banner in Heroes. <3

Hide contents

i_ll_watch_the_horizon_with_you_anytime_

Freddy and the Robin from my Awakening playthroughs, named Kelli, wearing the Heroes swimwear and having a little tender moment together! Titled "I'll Watch the Horizon With You Anytime" because of Summer Freddy's title of Horizon Watcher in Heroes. :) Because Kelli totally would for as long as necessary for the man she's hopelessly in love with!

I think I've improved my shading and coloring techniques. ^^ I like how this came out. Though feet and hands are still annoying. I did okay on them here, I think, but they're still not the way I'd like to draw them...

The sand is empty because Freddy cleaned it up, of course. lol He always cleared away all the seashells and junk!

That's really nice.  I do think you've gotten a lot better over the years.  Feet are always hard.  Generally, the hallux will be either the longest or second longest, if the second toe is longest.

The only thing that strikes me is Frederick's arm is a little wonky.  Kelli's right shoulder seems to clip through Frederick's arm.  Maybe if all of Frederick's arm was is front of her chest or expand Kelli's shoulder in front of Frederick's arm a bit.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That's really nice.  I do think you've gotten a lot better over the years.  Feet are always hard.  Generally, the hallux will be either the longest or second longest, if the second toe is longest.

The only thing that strikes me is Frederick's arm is a little wonky.  Kelli's right shoulder seems to clip through Frederick's arm.  Maybe if all of Frederick's arm was is front of her chest or expand Kelli's shoulder in front of Frederick's arm a bit.

Hallux? Is that a sciency name for the big toe? :P I'm not familiar with the term, yeah... But yeah, feet are hard. I find them a little easier to do than hands, but still.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Kelli's position made complete sense. Her shoulder is supposed to be behind Frederick's arm while his arm is going between her out of view arm and her torso. But I'm not sure I did that right...was a new and tough position for me to draw. I tried my best to make it work, but yeah... Fail, I guess. xP

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hallux? Is that a sciency name for the big toe? :P I'm not familiar with the term, yeah... But yeah, feet are hard. I find them a little easier to do than hands, but still.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Kelli's position made complete sense. Her shoulder is supposed to be behind Frederick's arm while his arm is going between her out of view arm and her torso. But I'm not sure I did that right...was a new and tough position for me to draw. I tried my best to make it work, but yeah... Fail, I guess. xP

Yeah, the hallux is the big toe.  It's just a bit more precise, since the second toe can be longer in a lot of cases and clears up ambiguity.

I wouldn't worry too much, new positions are hard, especially with two characters.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't know much about art,

But I came to say one thing:

Reveal hidden contents

THOSE ABS

Hahaha, Arcanite, you just had to, didn't you? XD But I'm glad you like them! I forgot to mention that I feel like I've gotten better at drawing muscles too. Thanks for the practice, Freddy! :D

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, the hallux is the big toe.  It's just a bit more precise, since the second toe can be longer in a lot of cases and clears up ambiguity.

I wouldn't worry too much, new positions are hard, especially with two characters.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I'm aware that the second toe can be longer sometimes. I've never seen it on anyone I know, but I know it can happen.

Yeah, true that. I'm still not quite as experienced in drawing poses involving two or more characters, so this was good practice anyway, I guess! :)

Very nice!

One question: if your avatar is using the same outfit as the Heroes's one, shouldn't she also have the little necklace around her neck?

Not to be picky, I just noticed.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Very nice!

One question: if your avatar is using the same outfit as the Heroes's one, shouldn't she also have the little necklace around her neck?

Not to be picky, I just noticed.

Yeah, I believe it's a pendant! Which...Frederick actually gives his wife in Awakening if a certain tile convo is triggered! IS, you sneaky foxes. :awesome:

But Kelli wouldn't wear it if she's about to go in the water! She could lose it! And she would never risk losing a present her Freddy Bear gave her. lol Freddy would probably say the same too, "do you want to risk losing it?" Haha.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I believe it's a pendant! Which...Frederick actually gives his wife in Awakening if a certain tile convo is triggered! IS, you sneaky foxes. :awesome:

But Kelli wouldn't wear it if she's about to go in the water! She could lose it! And she would never risk losing a present her Freddy Bear gave her. lol

I don't know if this is just me but I think forgot to add a few words. The way you said it made me think that Frederick gave his wife to someone if the convo is triggered (it's a joke Anna, if you can't tell :P)

Oops, my bad. I always forget about the little details.