Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

On 10/28/2017 at 6:33 PM, Anacybele said:

I sketched it back in May, but didn't color it for like...ever. lol Coloring it took a good several hours total, though I kept putting it off and taking breaks too...

Skye's outfit is based on the look Leonardo in RD has as an archer. Since Archer is the base class for both. His weapon is the only one of the four here that I did not create though...darn. I guess I'm not that good at coming up with unique weapons. :( The Silencer is a bow from the Tellius games that Shinon creates. Skye gets his from Boyd who got it from Rolf and Shinon.

Glad you really like these though. ^^

With regards to the weapons, I think Leyon's axe is nice. The two lances though.....

The one lance that Bryan has looks too similar to the Flash color scheme (red all over with a yellow lightning bolt), doesn't look unique enough. I don't think you did this intentionally though right? He is the Emerald Prince. If that has anything to do with him, I think you should have went with some sort of Emerald theme at least~

The first one (Azura's) is unique enough. I just think the end of the spear could be less rotund and more... pointed. That's really it. It's not that I think your designs are outright horrible, I just think you could have done something more unique is all :P

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

With regards to the weapons, I think Leyon's axe is nice. The two lances though.....

The one lance that Bryan has looks too similar to the Flash color scheme (red all over with a yellow lightning bolt), doesn't look unique enough. I don't think you did this intentionally though right? He is the Emerald Prince. If that has anything to do with him, I think you should have went with some sort of Emerald theme at least~

The first one (Azura's) is unique enough. I just think the end of the spear could be less rotund and more... pointed. That's really it. It's not that I think your designs are outright horrible, I just think you could have done something more unique is all :P

Flash is a bright red though, not a dark red. But no, that wasn't my intention. And I think it looks plenty unique compared to other FE weapons. No lance in the series look even close to this one.

Also, Bryan is called the Emerald Prince because of his strong affiliation with the color green. lol Not his weapon. That weapon had nothing to do with him until he actually obtained it. It's owned by his family, so lots of royals before him used it.

The tip of Azura's lance isn't pointy? I thought it was... Also, it doesn't look like any lance in this series either, so I also don't understand why this one isn't unique. I'm not trying to shoot down your critique or anything, I'm just confused at how these are not unique weapons within the series. Azura's lance even targets res, not def. It has magic. We've only seen one other lance in the series do this and that's Petrine's Flame Lance.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Flash is a bright red though, not a dark red. But no, that wasn't my intention. And I think it looks plenty unique compared to other FE weapons. No lance in the series look even close to this one.

Also, Bryan is called the Emerald Prince because of his strong affiliation with the color green. lol Not his weapon. That weapon had nothing to do with him until he actually obtained it. It's owned by his family, so lots of royals before him used it.

The tip of Azura's lance isn't pointy? I thought it was...

You're right, there is no weapon like that at the very least. I just feel like you could've chosen a better color scheme is all~ I think it'd be cool if the lightning stone was like, levitating or something, as if completely unattached from the stick part of the lance hee

Pointy on the end, but but round on the sides* I guess it's not too serious

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're right, there is no weapon like that at the very least. I just feel like you could've chosen a better color scheme is all~ I think it'd be cool if the lightning stone was like, levitating or something, as if completely unattached from the stick part of the lance hee

Pointy on the end, but but round on the sides* I guess it's not too serious

Maybe, and I admit I did have a hard time picking that lance's colors. I wanted something cool, but also unique and stuff. And not too similar to Bryan's color scheme. Yeah, and Azura's lance deals damage with magic anyway, so the blade shape doesn't matter all that much.

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas from a festive Ike. :D

Spoiler

festive_vanguard__ike_by_great_aether-db

You can see his skills and stats here. :) His chicken leg weapon is based off of his love of meat, people drawing him eating chicken a lot, and Japan having a funny KFC tradition at Christmas. lol

• 3 months later...

After taking time figuring out what to do after Adobe ended support for Photoshop CS3 (fuck them for that and their stupid monthly fee cloud thing) and then my tablet not working right anymore no matter what fix I tried to apply to it, I got myself a new tablet, and made something in GIMP. I think my lines looked a bit better in PS (mainly because I also used the pen tool here and GIMP seems to lack a proper one), but I do love this outfit. XD

Spoiler

jerec__rabbit_lover_by_great_aether-dc7b

It's my bunny lovin' OC Jerec in a new bunny outfit! It's partly based off of Xander's. Jerec normally uses a lance, but this time he has a Carrot Sword, to complete the carrot weapons.

You can see his skills and stats here. :)

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One last bunny! Elincia! ^^

Hide contents

elincia__queen_of_flowers_by_great_aethe

Stats and skills here. :)

I certainly wouldn't mind getting some Tellius seasonals, if we have to get seasonals.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I certainly wouldn't mind getting some Tellius seasonals, if we have to get seasonals.

Me too! I really want a shirtless swim shorts RD Ike for summer. Gotta show dem muscles! <3

You didn't say anything about my other bunny up there though. Jerec's outfit is cute enough too, isn't it? :P

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Me too! I really want a shirtless swim shorts RD Ike for summer. Gotta show dem muscles! <3

You didn't say anything about my other bunny up there though. Jerec's outfit is cute enough too, isn't it? :P

Yep, if a bit silly.  It seems the bunny bulge is a staple of the Easter outfits.

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, if a bit silly.  It seems the bunny bulge is a staple of the Easter outfits.

Well, it's based off Xander's bunny outfit. lol And it's totally in character for Jerec too. XD I didn't think I made his bulge THAT noticeable though. Huh. Well, no biggie. :P

• 3 months later...

Was about time I drew something new! Also about time I drew my Awakening Robin in her normal battle look.

Spoiler

kelli__awakening_tactician_robin__by_gre

She switched from Tactician to Dark Flier, yep. I felt like adding little side doodles of her too for fun and a little personality show. :P

Click here for more info!

Edited by Anacybele

22 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Was about time I drew something new! Also about time I drew my Awakening Robin in her normal battle look.

Hide contents

kelli__awakening_tactician_robin__by_gre

She switched from Tactician to Dark Flier, yep. I felt like adding little side doodles of her too for fun and a little personality show. :P

Click here for more info!

The bottom left doodle is my favorite :O You made it look so perfect ~ and yes, your main drawing looks great too. Do you have anything else you're working on drawing currently? Your art is soo goood

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The bottom left doodle is my favorite :O You made it look so perfect ~ and yes, your main drawing looks great too. Do you have anything else you're working on drawing currently? Your art is soo goood

Yeah, everyone seems to like that one best. lol Thanks, Arc. ^^ Not currently, but I always do have something planned!

Nice Dark Flier, my favorite OP skill class.  I often had like 3-4 training in the class in my min-max run.  I wonder what those arm thingies are supposed to be.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nice Dark Flier, my favorite OP skill class.  I often had like 3-4 training in the class in my min-max run.  I wonder what those arm thingies are supposed to be.

Uh...just arms? We all have them, you know. xP

But thanks! I like Dark Flier not because of how good the class is though, I like it for the use of lances and magic on a Pegasus. I would actually prefer Falcon Knight, but they stupidly replaced their swords with staves. :/

1 hour ago, SageHarpuiaJDJ said:

Nice work! I really like her color scheme. It makes me wish the other DFs had alt colors in Awakening.

Thank you! ^^

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason I prefer all 3D models over sprites. Every model for the playable characters and some enemies is unique in the case of PoR and RD. And those models gave the characters more of a sense of individuality and helped bring them to life more. Granted, reclassing and branched promotions aren't in either of those games, but RD in particular still had needed a crapton of different models.

3DS might not have been as powerful as the Wii though, unfortunately.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:21 AM, Anacybele said:

Uh...just arms? We all have them, you know. xP

I meant those wiry shoulder pad thingies.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally doing art again since I bought a new laptop and decided to try out Paint Shop Pro. I really like it, and I even think it's a bit better than Photoshop in some ways. I still only have the trial version and I'm not sure when I'll buy the full version, but yeah. My art's quality has definitely gone up. Even with my laggy ass tablet pen. Nobody replied to the thread I made on that issue, unfortunately. But I'm still looking for solutions to that problem. My life would be so much easier with a lag-free pen.

But anyway, I decided to revisit one of my old and most beloved Zelda OCs, Judo, the general of Hyrule's knights. Read more here! :)

Spoiler

Judo, General of Hyrule by Great-Aether

EDIT: Okay, I have no idea why the spoiler is cutting off part of the image...

Edited by Anacybele

• 4 weeks later...

Sad no one comments on my work here anymore. :( But oh well. I'm sure people still view it, at least, right? :)

Anyway, I finished this piece recently! I knew as soon as Greil's Devoted in FE Heroes happened, I had to draw Ike in his awesome new outfit sometime. XD

Devoted Dance by Great-Aether
And dancing with Elincia, of course! It's a festival about all kinds of love and devotion, after all. Elincia is not actually in this one, so I had to design a dress for her, but I think I gave her a pretty one. At least I hope!

Added the pretty sparkly rosy background because this felt incomplete without a background. I could've drawn a festival area background, but I had no idea how to go about that and I don't really have much skill in doing scenery backgrounds yet.

But read more here! :)

On 3/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, Anacybele said:

Sad no one comments on my work here anymore. :( But oh well. I'm sure people still view it, at least, right? :)

Anyway, I finished this piece recently! I knew as soon as Greil's Devoted in FE Heroes happened, I had to draw Ike in his awesome new outfit sometime. XD

Devoted Dance by Great-Aether
And dancing with Elincia, of course! It's a festival about all kinds of love and devotion, after all. Elincia is not actually in this one, so I had to design a dress for her, but I think I gave her a pretty one. At least I hope!

Added the pretty sparkly rosy background because this felt incomplete without a background. I could've drawn a festival area background, but I had no idea how to go about that and I don't really have much skill in doing scenery backgrounds yet.

But read more here! :)

Looks great!