Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Looking nice, I like the color scheme and style

Yeah, I decided Kael sorta reversing his dad's PoR color scheme in his clothes was a nice subtle nod! And Elincia's eye color is rather complimentary to the blue hair too, since it has a little orange in it. Thanks, Rezzy! ^^

• 1 month later...

New art time! This time it's a little different from what I normally do. I think I'd better just post a link in this case though, for certain reasons.

This is a dialogueless comic of Judo and Kelli, my Zelda OCs from before, when they have their daughter, Mayula. As you can see, panel 4 is the, er, reason I'm not posting this as an image. I don't think it'd be allowed here. The description explains why I drew that one the way it is since I normally don't do this kind of thing. Hope this piece is enjoyable regardless! ^^

EDIT: I decided to remove the link to the art because I learned it might actually be breaking the rules otherwise. But I'll still link to my DA account. You can find it there. https://www.deviantart.com/great-aether

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

Got a new piece to show, and this is something kinda different! I don't usually do traditional art, but I had to do some for some of my college art classes, and this is the most recent one.

Spoiler

eevee_across_flowers_by_great_aether_ddw

This is a triptych featuring Eevee, one of my favorite Pokemon. I had to use three different color schemes and I picked triadic, analogous, and complementary, shown here from left to right.

• 3 weeks later...

Aww what a cute eevee! One of my favourite pokemon for sure.

I do have a question though. On your Kael artwork (also awesome by the way!) how do you get the linework so neat? Are you using special tools, or is it just steady hand and plenty of practice?

21 hours ago, A random Villager said:

Aww what a cute eevee! One of my favourite pokemon for sure.

I do have a question though. On your Kael artwork (also awesome by the way!) how do you get the linework so neat? Are you using special tools, or is it just steady hand and plenty of practice?

Hey, thanks! 🙂

As for my linework, well, a few things really. One is that yes, I do use certain tools, those being the pen tools. Another thing is that I use the latest Photoshop now because I need Adobe Creative Cloud to get the college degree I'm going for. And of course, this version of Photoshop has amazing tools, even if I think it's dumb that you have to pay a monthly fee for Adobe products now. I do appreciate that they had a student discount though. Anyway, I was amazed myself at how clean the lines and art can be in the latest PS. Third, I also have a pen tablet which helps mostly in the rough sketch phase, but also when I'm cleaning up lines if I have to. The pen tool isn't 100% ideal, some smaller details are actually better done with just the brush tool or whatever.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, thanks! 🙂

As for my linework, well, a few things really. One is that yes, I do use certain tools, those being the pen tools. Another thing is that I use the latest Photoshop now because I need Adobe Creative Cloud to get the college degree I'm going for. And of course, this version of Photoshop has amazing tools, even if I think it's dumb that you have to pay a monthly fee for Adobe products now. I do appreciate that they had a student discount though. Anyway, I was amazed myself at how clean the lines and art can be in the latest PS. Third, I also have a pen tablet which helps mostly in the rough sketch phase, but also when I'm cleaning up lines if I have to. The pen tool isn't 100% ideal, some smaller details are actually better done with just the brush tool or whatever.

Oh, so that's how. Awesome. Is photoshop worth getting if I want to do  concept art for a living?

5 minutes ago, A random Villager said:

Oh, so that's how. Awesome. Is photoshop worth getting if I want to do  concept art for a living?

Oh yeah, if you can afford it. Without some kind of discount, it's not cheap.

Just now, A random Villager said:

Oof. Yeah I'll have to think about it. Thanks for the help! 🙂

No prob. Heck though, I'm not even sure if I'll still feel like paying for it once I'm done with college. Depends on if I can get a real career going.

Edited by Anacybele

Still looking good. I think Kael is a marked improvement. Pretty close to official art actually. Man, I need to convince myself to try more Photoshop for art. I can composite in no time, but I've been hooked in Illustrator for too long. But hey, if you're doing that well with Photoshop, I may have to give it a fling. Might I ask what degree you're aiming for?

Edited by Sir Wolfram of Vallora

6 hours ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Still looking good. I think Karl is a marked improvement. Pretty close to official art actually. Man, I need to convince myself to try more Photoshop for art. I can composite in no time, but I've been hooked in Illustrator for too long. But hey, if you're doing that well with Photoshop, I may have to give it a fling. Might I ask what degree you're aiming for?

Firstly, you mean Kael.

Second, that'd be graphics communications. I mainly just want to be a freelance designer. I'm kinda slow with my art, so I don't think I'd be good at doing big commissions, though...

Edited by Anacybele

59 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Firstly, you mean Kael.

Second, that'd be graphics communications. I mainly just want to be a freelance designer. I'm kinda slow with my art, so I don't think I'd be good at doing big commissions, though...

For the love of- Does Autocorrect mind?

But that's great. I got a degree in somethig similar, I think they were calling it Graphic Design. I've been freelancing for a while, and it's a pretty solid job. I hope you enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

For the love of- Does Autocorrect mind?

But that's great. I got a degree in somethig similar, I think they were calling it Graphic Design. I've been freelancing for a while, and it's a pretty solid job. I hope you enjoy it.

Autocorrect is annoying sometimes. lol

Oh yes, I hope so too!

• 2 weeks later...

New art time! This time I've got my Ike x Elincia daughter and Kael's younger sister, Lalita!

Spoiler

ddyep0z-2897cc32-0adb-4219-a44d-a6a502cd

I ended up making her a bit shorter compared to Kael than I intended, but oh well, I still like how it turned out. 😛 Read more about her here.

Another very nice piece of art. The shading on the hair is particularly well done. The only things I'll note are the outfit really doesn't feel very Fantasy, or even FE. Perhaps the addition of some sort of skirt/padding, and a color change would benefit. Purple and pastel blue would be a nice compliment to her hair.

21 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Another very nice piece of art. The shading on the hair is particularly well done. The only things I'll note are the outfit really doesn't feel very Fantasy, or even FE. Perhaps the addition of some sort of skirt/padding, and a color change would benefit. Purple and pastel blue would be a nice compliment to her hair.

That's rather odd that you'd suggest that, because I had Tellius styles in mind the entire time I was doing the outfit. So I'm not sure what else to say, honestly. As for the colors, if I change them now, I'd have to change them in the mug sprite I did of this character a while ago too and I don't really want to do that. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now. Also, she does have purple and a sorta pastel blue in this...

She also isn't the only FE character with green hair that wears pink. Lene is similar, at least in her Heroes art.

Edited by Anacybele

18 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's rather odd that you'd suggest that, because I had Tellius styles in mind the entire time I was doing the outfit. So I'm not sure what else to say, honestly. As for the colors, if I change them now, I'd have to change them in the mug sprite I did of this character a while ago too and I don't really want to do that. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now. Also, she does have purple and a sorta pastel blue in this...

She also isn't the only FE character with green hair that wears pink. Lene is similar, at least in her Heroes art.

Just some suggestions. The piece is still very well done. The color sceme simply made me think more Sci-Fi than Fantasy. That's all. You certainly don't need to change a thing. I understand how much of a pain going through and color shifting very instance of a charcter can be when you change your mind.

2 hours ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Just some suggestions. The piece is still very well done. The color sceme simply made me think more Sci-Fi than Fantasy. That's all. You certainly don't need to change a thing. I understand how much of a pain going through and color shifting very instance of a charcter can be when you change your mind.

Yeah, I know they were just suggestions, just explaining why I don't really agree with them. Sci-Fi though? Sorry if I'm not understanding, but I never would've equated pink, pale-ish blue, and purple to Sci-Fi. Dark blue and dark purples maybe, but not these shades. Oh well.

49 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

ZZ1044DBC9-550x227.jpg

2754666281_3d952fb962_z.jpg

20-Photos-From-Neon-Hunting-in-a-Cyberpu

It's probably because ive just seen a lot of Pink in the sci-fi I choose to watch, while I almost never see pink in fantasy. That's all. Still a great piece.

Oh, I see now. Makes sense. I don't really bother with Sci-Fi stuff since it generally never interested me, so that might also be why I didn't make the same connection.