Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

Usually people just draw the mouth and color the lips, they don't heavily outline it like you do. Plus that thickness of the lines, of course Kelly would look weird.

Edited by Amelia

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Well, although I don't think it looks weird, I could change it fairly easily. I just don't want to mess with the pic for awhile because I just spent a really long time on it. lol I need a break. xP

(Also, it's Kelli with an I. lol)

I got something new to show, and it was for Easter. lol

fe__awakening_and_luigi_easter_eggs_by_great_aether-d5ztrqe.png

My Awakening egg and a Luigi egg! I mean, I love Awakening and I love Luigi, plus it's the Year of Luigi. :D: I also got Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon today. :3

Edited by Anacybele

• 5 weeks later...

You know, it's kind of funny how that Luigi egg looks a lot like a clock. In fact, Nintendo should really make a time-travel-themed Luigi game, where the logo is Luigi's "L" on a clock.

A way to fix the lips is to, instead of outlining it in black, use a darker shade of the lipstick color, so it looks like she merely lined her lips. It allows the blending from skin to lips to look a little better, too, instead of that stark contrast. The lips do look a little large but that could just be the angle/pose.

There's two other things I noticed: the first being that the rose on Frederick looks a little flat. It looks crushed against his outfit, which is not very romantic. I would make it look a little more 3-D, with some extra petals and shading a little differently.

The other is merely opinion, but I hate Lissa's outfit. I agree that it's pretty simple, and it honestly looks like a bad ballerina. She's a princess; she can have a more elaborate and expensive-looking outfit. Or, at the very least, a more subdued shade of pink. That pink's just very in-your-face.

Oh, I see. And yeah, I could've shaded Frederick's rose pin a little better. >_<

But Lissa's dress was supposed to be primarily purple, not pink. xP And the dress is simple because I based it off of a dress I wore to a wedding and it was fairly simple as well.

Okay, I've got a new art! ^^

Awhile back, I designed fan starter Pokemon, which you can see here. Now, I finally designed evolutions for one of them, Tawnog, the grass groundhog.

fan_starter_evolutions___tawnog_by_great

The designs don't show it, but both have three leaf/branch tails. I just hope they don't look too much like I fused Quilava with Grovyle and Typhlosion with Sceptile. ._.

Anyway, upon evolving, Tawnog gains the Normal type. And unlike most of the other grass starter lines we've seen, this one is the fast and strong of the trio. They are fast like Infernape or Floatzel fast and have both high attack and special attack. But also like Infernape, their defenses kinda stink. But Hograss and Punxaton also have a great movepool compared to past grass starter lines, able to use not only common grass moves like Razor Leaf, Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, Leaf Storm, etc., but also nearly any move that uses claws (like Scratch, Fury Swipes, Crush Claw, Metal Claw, Shadow Claw, etc.) and moves like Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Bite, and Crunch as well because of its highly developed front teeth. They can also use a brand new Grass type move I came up with for them, called Energy Fang. It works like Drain Punch, only using teeth instead of a fist.

Oh, and Tawnog's line also learns Dig, naturally. Helps with type coverage (kind of) as well. And of course, they can get other Normal type moves like Hyper Beam, Swift, Double-Edge, and more. Not all of the moves I've mentioned are level-up, of course, but some are.

Also, I went back to using dodge and burn for this piece. I always felt they actually worked well with the Pokemon art style, much better than any other style I've used. But everything else will be mostly, if not all brushing, I assure you.

• 3 weeks later...

New sketch! This is my fan daughter for Frederick, Antoinette. :)

Antoinettesketch_zps6fe3a255.png

She's a Troubador, though I decided to draw her holding a piece of her father's armor instead of a staff. Her pose is showing her looking around to make sure no one is around to catch her mourning her father. Because, well, Annie doesn't like admitting that she cares so much for him...hehe.

I'd personally ship her with Inigo. Why? Antoinette is into boys and flirting with them. And a girl like that with a boy that loves flirting with girls and wooing them? Come on! XD

You can learn more about her in the Awakening thread on if the males had their own kids. Also, I think I made her ear a bit too high...but that's an easy fix in Photoshop.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know if your hair is long enough for this.

1. Find a nice mirror, like the one in your bathroom.

2. Grab your hair in a ponytail.

3. Look at the end of the ponytail.

Notice how it's uneven? See if you can incorporate that into your, er, daughter's ponytail.

Hey, there are plenty of FE characters with really long hair lol. And I like long hair. xP

And yes, I realize ponytails are supposed to be uneven at the end, but you can't see all the ends in my sketch. The ends you can't see are the uneven ones. But I COULD do to make it a little more uneven.

Edited by Anacybele

The fact that they look flat at the end rather than ending in pointy tips will really really imply that there is evenness~ And I can't really come up with any ideas how to incorporate both the flatness and unevenness without making the hair look super super choppy and odd... Edited by Freohr Datia

Is her hair supposed to be uneven? I think it's fine as it is: the uniformity kind of suits Frederick's formal nature.

The unevenness from a pony comes from trimming when the hair is down; if she trimmed with the pony up the broomstick end is not hard to make. /tragic experience

Yeah, her hair is supposed to look like it's been cut/trimmed recently, like Cherche's or Sanaki's. I actually used Cherche as a reference because I'd never drawn hair like this before. I decided on this style because as you say, Lenh, it fits Antoinette having gotten a fondness for neatness and formality/sophisitcation from Frederick.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think I know people who get their hair cut while it's up. But if people do that, then okay~ It's just that I've never known that that was ever done. Edited by Freohr Datia