Graphic Issues

Mikey Séregon

The first:

I'm changing the BBG of my hack, I everything goes well except for this:

34ycx0n.png

And apparently is just with that BG, because with others doesn't occur the problem:

242g5dh.png

The Second:

How can I change the position of the faces in the stats window?

Because I have this problem with Florina:

5bzr02.png

And I don't want to change the slot because that means that I have to reassemble almost 15+ chapters... I don't want >_>

And the last one:

I know that this problem already have a solution, is the Weapon Icon issue, but I can't find the fixing patch... can someone give me the link? Please...

For Florina's, use a different character slot. Some of them are just hardcoded to appear higher up, because they have short portraits, like Serra.

I don't know why the background would cause a problem like that, either. Try checking the palette viewer and stuff, see if there's a problem there... Does that only happen once she attacks or just when the background loads?

For the first problem, this means that your palette is too large. More likely than not, you inserted an image that uses more than 16 or 0x10 colors (AKA 0x20 bytes); however, even if the next 0x1E0 bytes are unused, the game will still attempt to load the palette completely. If there's free space there, the value is almost definitely "0x00"

00 00 = black in hex

In other words, the problem is that your palette is too large. As palettes are compressed, there is an easy way to fix this:

At the beginning of the palette are the compression bytes. They also tell the size.

10 00 02

It should be something like that

10 = LZ10 compression (there's an LZ11 and stuff)

00 02 = 02 00 = 0x200 bytes

Make that into "0x20" or

10 20 00

which is "20 00" reversed (due to little endian) = 00 20 = 0x20 bytes = 32 bytes = 16 colors as there are 2 colors per byte

This should fix your problem

ALTERNATIVELY, if you don't like working with hex, just save the image as 4bpp image and re-insert the graphic and palette. It should work fine then.