NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

What do you think of Vick's 4 interceptions and Maclin's occasional inability to catch the ball though?

Is Fred Jackson actually injured or did they just not let him get many carries?

Funniest NFL moment to me was this year during the preseason when the refs flew a flag then stopped the play, and then after like 10 minutes go "there was no foul on the play". I was dying. Replacement refs need to GO.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still up 10-7 and Manning and crew decided to wimp out when they had 28 seconds left in the first half. xP

Steelers get the ball again next, so they have the advantage right now.

Edited by Anacybele

I am loving this so much right now. I just wish that the Broncos D would play a little better. Bailey and Porter, especially Porter, are playing lights out, but the rest of the D not so much. Denver's offense is looking absolutely amazing. With receivers like Thomes, Decker, Stokley, and Tamme for TE along with McGahee and Moreno at RB, the Broncos have a ridiculous offense with Manning at the helm.

And of course as I'm typing this, Denver sacks Big Ben 3 times. Denver just became a top Super Bowl contender in my books.

Don't get too excited after one week man. Peyton looked great though told you not to count the Broncos out Anacybele and he has some good chemistry with the receiver corp already. I thought their pass rush looked pretty good, but then again the Steelers' OLine is pretty bad right now. The receivers aren't eye-popping (though Thomas has that potential) but Peyton just makes people look better. Moreno feels like a bust still and McGahee is pretty good, but I think their running game is gonna need to improve to alleviate pressure off Manning. Otherwise things will get too predictable.

Denver only got those sacks because the Steelers' o-line is even WORSE than it was before. I'm utterly shocked, disappointed, and EMBARRASSED. I expected the o-line to have improved since getting new players in there. But no, all the rookies did was fail and rake in penalties.

Denver only won because of Ben's interception at the end of the game though. Otherwise, the Steelers put up a decent fight, and without Mendenhall or Harrison.

I had a feeling they'd lose, but I didn't think they'd lose LIKE THAT.

EDIT: When did I ever count the Broncos out?

Edited by Anacybele

Hey I didn't mean it like that!

Also was anyone surprised with the Packers losing to the 49ers? The Pack didn't play bad, but they didn't look as good as before (but then again they played a great D). I just didn't think Green Bay's defense would be so bad though. Alex Smith of all people torched em.

...Green Bay's defense? BAD? Are you kidding? When they have guys like Clay Matthews? o_o

Well, at least my dipstick of a little brother can't go boasting that his favorite team won while mine lost. I seriously will never understand why he hates the Steelers when his family has always traditionally been fans of them.

Edited by Anacybele

One player does not a defense make! But it's more like their secondary really really sucked and their DLine didn't cause a whole lot of pressure. Clay Matthews did get a couple sacks though so he did all he could.

Who's your bro a fan of?

Haha okay that's what I thought, but sometimes I imply these things and I'm wrong. Why is he a cheesehead though? I don't see the correlation if you're all pittsburgh fans haha.

Funny enough they got a guy that kinda looks like Clay Matthews named AJ Hawk, but he's not as good. In fact no one on their defense is really memorable other than Clay and Charles Woodson, but Woodson moved to safety cuz he's older now. Other than that they're not all that amazing. They were also the worst defense statistically last year.

The refs pretty much handed the game to the Niners. I'm not complaining much because I really dislike the Packers, but they had sooo many bad calls against them. I know you can't rely on the refs to win you the game (though San Fran could have) but god almighty, they kept so many SF drives alive with 'offensive interference' like 3 times. And GB definitely got the short end of the stick in getting calls their way. I was appalled tbh. The NFL needs to quit being greedy pricks and PAY their fucking refs! Seriously, get these morons back to the Lingerie League where they belong.

Also, how bout dat Lions last second win. It should NOT have been that difficult, but St. Louis really worked on upgrading their defense this offseason. Oh and Stafford decided to be an idiot until the last two drives smh. I really hope he doesn't adopt any 'Tebowisms' and start waiting until the last drive to win games. That's mentally and physically exhausting and no way to go through the season. Hopefully our defense will be even better next week at SF with the return of Delmas and Houston.

Oh one last thing, Cutler and Marshall were making bedroom eyes at each other on the field today

Because he HATES the Steelers. xP

He's the only one in our family that dislikes them. That's why he's weird.

He's going through his "rebel" phase :P.

The refs pretty much handed the game to the Niners. I'm not complaining much because I really dislike the Packers, but they had sooo many bad calls against them. I know you can't rely on the refs to win you the game (though San Fran could have) but god almighty, they kept so many SF drives alive with 'offensive interference' like 3 times. And GB definitely got the short end of the stick in getting calls their way. I was appalled tbh. The NFL needs to quit being greedy pricks and PAY their fucking refs! Seriously, get these morons back to the Lingerie League where they belong.

Also, how bout dat Lions last second win. It should NOT have been that difficult, but St. Louis really worked on upgrading their defense this offseason. Oh and Stafford decided to be an idiot until the last two drives smh. I really hope he doesn't adopt any 'Tebowisms' and start waiting until the last drive to win games. That's mentally and physically exhausting and no way to go through the season. Hopefully our defense will be even better next week at SF with the return of Delmas and Houston.

Oh one last thing, Cutler and Marshall were making bedroom eyes at each other on the field today

Well, to be the devil's advocate, look back to the punt return TD Cobb had with the OBVIOUS block in the back (seriously that was the definition of it!) that they decided not to call. Also that entire first drive the Packers had was saved via random calls (like Aldon Smith's big sack being practically negated because his helmet fell off). The offensive interference calls were dumb, but I wouldn't say that the 49ers won because of refball.

It really shouldn't have been, but it does tell you one thing that you want to see out of your team: THEY WON'T GIVE UP. And that's key. The offense looked really out of sync, and IMO Megatron didn't get enough targets that game. Give the Rams D some credit because they're a LOT better under Fisher, but Stafford was playing horribly until those last couple drives. But you gotta love his confidence the entire time; the guy didn't even so much as flinch. I don't think one bad game means he's gone full-Tebow though haha. I love Tebow, but I'd to have him on the Lions lol. What did you of that rookie CB Bentley?

Those guys are a hell of a combo though!

Maybe, but he doesn't consider himself to be from Pittsburgh either, like the rest of us, because he was actually born in Georgia. lol, what a moron he is.

In other news, my Bills still suck balls.

Don't get me wrong. The Jets aren't good. Not by a long shot. The Bills are just that bad.

And can we stop this Steelers talk already? We all know that the Texans are winning the AFC so that's done.

Edited by Dat Kumtah

^ Bills fan too? Thats cool. I dont think theyre that bad, I think they just werent ready to play in the first half and the Jets took advantage of that. The next 2 games are look pretty winable.

They do need to address the QB position. Fitzpatrick is just a band-aid.

Why do people think Houston is so special? They will make the playoffs because of their weak division, but thats it.

Why do people think Houston is so special? They will make the playoffs because of their weak division, but thats it.

Houston: Weak division, fantastic defense, Schwab is back, solid receivers and OLine, monsterous RBs... Yeah, I think they're special for a reason.

The guy I want for QB got drafted two seasons ago. Dan LeFevour. Screw Andrew Luck, this guy is pure quality.

Edited by Dat Kumtah

And can we stop this Steelers talk already? We all know that the Texans are winning the AFC so that's done.

...No, we don't. There are plenty of contenders for that and we can't judge by one game.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey the Bills beat the Pats last year. Wtf is with Fred Jackson looking promising for two seconds and then getting injured? At least CJ Spiller looked good. So much for the "top 5 defense" predictions though. On the other hand though, I guess the Jets were bound to score a TD eventually right?

He's not judging it from one game, Houston is just the preseason favorite. I agree that on paper Houston has the best team in the AFC. Arian Foster is a beast, their backup RB Ben Tate is a beast, Andre Johnson is a beast, and their entire defense is a beast. Wade Phillips may have sucked as a head coach, but he's a damn good defensive coordinator. Going against teams with rookie and second year QBs makes it even easier. Then again anything can happen. Who knew Cincy and Denver would make the playoffs last year?

IMO people can't forget about the Ravens either. Flacco's underrated, Ray Rice is a beast too, their defense is always one of the best in the league, and Torrey Smith is gonna have a breakout year at wide receiver. I'm looking forward to their game tonight.

Also I agree that Dan LeFevour could be a solid NFL QB. The guy is so underrated coming out of Central Michigan. He's got a good arm, good accuracy, and really good mobility. I think he could develop nicely under a good coach. I wonder who has him now though...

Well, to be the devil's advocate, look back to the punt return TD Cobb had with the OBVIOUS block in the back (seriously that was the definition of it!) that they decided not to call. Also that entire first drive the Packers had was saved via random calls (like Aldon Smith's big sack being practically negated because his helmet fell off). The offensive interference calls were dumb, but I wouldn't say that the 49ers won because of refball.

It really shouldn't have been, but it does tell you one thing that you want to see out of your team: THEY WON'T GIVE UP. And that's key. The offense looked really out of sync, and IMO Megatron didn't get enough targets that game. Give the Rams D some credit because they're a LOT better under Fisher, but Stafford was playing horribly until those last couple drives. But you gotta love his confidence the entire time; the guy didn't even so much as flinch. I don't think one bad game means he's gone full-Tebow though haha. I love Tebow, but I'd to have him on the Lions lol. What did you of that rookie CB Bentley?

Those guys are a hell of a combo though!

I nearly stopped watching that game due to the refs. It was awful. The teams themselves played great games (close games like that are always the most exciting), but the refs were just awful. Reminds me of the time that I got a penalty called on me during a game that I didn't play in.

What network are these Rams games on? ESPN says FOX, but I check the listings and there's no game scheduled on FOX with the Rams vs. Redskins...

I nearly stopped watching that game due to the refs. It was awful. The teams themselves played great games (close games like that are always the most exciting), but the refs were just awful. Reminds me of the time that I got a penalty called on me during a game that I didn't play in.

What network are these Rams games on? ESPN says FOX, but I check the listings and there's no game scheduled on FOX with the Rams vs. Redskins...

Dem Replacement Refs man. Looks like they're gonna be around for a while too. What sucks is one game in an NFL season is a big deal, and you know they're gonna cost people big games.

If you're in the St. Louis area, you should be able to see it on FOX. Otherwise the internet is your friend here.

Yeah, if you're in the right area, you should be able to see the game on tv. I was able to watch Steelers vs Panthers during the preseason cause I live in North Carolina, for example.

Edited by Anacybele

If you're in the St. Louis area, you should be able to see it on FOX. Otherwise the internet is your friend here.

Yeah, if you're in the right area, you should be able to see the game on tv. I was able to watch Steelers vs Panthers during the preseason cause I live in North Carolina, for example.

So that is the issue. Oh well, then haha.