NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

And the Eagles come back to kick the Ravens' asses! Woooo! I've always liked Michael Vick too. He is a damn good QB and we've got him to thank for this win too, cause he got that game winning TD all by himself!

Now the Steelers just need to kill the Jets. They've done it once (and during an AFC championship game no less), they can do it again. I hate the Jets too. They better lose to my favorite team.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with this Steeler defense? They rather suck right now and they're usually one of the best (if not the best) in the league. Maybe you were right, Helios, when you said they seem to suck in the beginning and then shut the critics up after. xP

EDIT: And why the hell isn't Polamalu playing? He was fine last game, and this team needs a big weapon like him! Did he get hurt in practice or something?

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers? Old? They just got a bunch of rookies this season. o_O

And I thought Polamalu might be hurt, but where did he get hurt at? He was fine all throughout last game. I remember. :/

Was probably practice as I guessed. Anyway, TD Steelers, now they're up 13-10! Woohoo! That defense just needs to do their job.

EDIT: And Sanchez is sacked by none other than LaMaar Woodley! Like I said before, that guy is the Sack master! Go Woodley! :D

EDIT2: WHOA! FUCKING HUGE TD PASS TO WALLACE! WOOT! Play is under review, but I think Wallace got this. Both feet were in bounds.

Edited by Anacybele

So that Eagles game was awesome. Vick's always been one of my favorite QBs and it was nice to actually see him run a bit like he used. Eagles are the first team in history to win their first two games by 1 point lol. Who would have thought a team with 9 turnovers in their first two games would win both their games?

Another fun game was the Colts and Vikings. Game went down to the wire and ended up with a game winning field goal by Adam Vinatieri (yes he's still in the league lol). Luck gets his first win.

Saints get upset again, this time by the Panthers. Cam Newton bounced back from that subpar week one and lead Carolina to victory! Who would have thought the Saints would start 0-2?

The Steelers look like they've won this thing. It was cool to see Tebow play for a little and provide a bit of a spark (before Sanchez forgot how to throw the ball again). After a couple more losses like this, will the fans start demanding Tebow?

Lions and 49ers tonight. Who you guys got? I gotta root for my Lions of course, but I expect the game to be close.

Those incompletions weren't Sanchez's fault lol. Holmes just can't catch anymore. xP

And the Steelers destroyed the Jets, just as I'd hoped! WOOT! I also love seeing how the Panthers smooshed the Saints. The Saints are one of the best teams in the league (it really is surprising that they haven't won yet), and the Panthers have never really been that great. This is really good for them. I also love how Miami totally obliterated the Raiders too.

Yay for Steelers, Panthers, and Dolphins! :D

Also, that Big Ben to Wallace pass has got to be THE longest pass I've seen from those two ever. Not the longest play (that goes to the one where Ben is standing in one endzone, and seconds later, Wallace is in the opposite endzone with the ball after running and catching a long pass), but definitely the longest pass. Such awesomeness.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not that surprised by the Saints, they have a lot of bad mojo going against them, no real leadership from the sidelines and their defense really isn't very good.

What I really wanna see from Niners/Lions is a coach brawl.

Well the game ended up being close as I expected. Only losing by a touchdown to the Superbowl favorites at home isn't too bad. Stafford still doesn't look as good as he did last year, and I'm hoping that he steps it up in practice to see what's going on. His decision making just hasn't been there. Lions defense needs to step it up on third down as well; the 49ers made wayy too many plays that shouldn't have happened. All in all I expect Schwartz to give em a healthy verbal beating and see a motivated squad come out next week.

The Rams beat the Redskins? Ooh, I like that too! It's been a good week for me as well. :)

Also, even though the Steelers won at home and the Jets were without their apparent best player, I'm still proud of how they won their game. They did it without Harrison, Mendenall, OR Polamalu, three big weapons. Hopefully these guys will be back soon though.

Oh, and gotta love Mike Tomlin's woos and fist pumps. :D:

Edited by Anacybele

Fred Jackson getting hurt might have been the best thing to happen to the Bills. After last season I thought CJ Spiller was better anyways, now hes gonna get the playing time he deserves.

Browns are gonna get crushed next week.

^And that's why players wear armor. That guy would've had some broken ribs. Still, that had to hurt like hell. It also looked like it was an intentional hit by that Seahawks player.

That was a hit to the head not to the body and it was totally intentional and illegal to boot. With the replacement refs players know that they can get away with a lot more.

Well it was more like chin/upper chest than head, but the point still stands. You're not supposed to hit someone with your head anyway, but these replacement refs are too bad at catching things that quick. That must have hurt like hell.

At first I thought CJ Spiller was nothing more than a third down back since his skill set is similar to Reggie Bush and Jahvid Best, but he's been really looking good since the second half of last season. Do you think he'll keep the starting job when Jackson returns?

At first I thought CJ Spiller was nothing more than a third down back since his skill set is similar to Reggie Bush and Jahvid Best, but he's been really looking good since the second half of last season. Do you think he'll keep the starting job when Jackson returns?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Expect him to start showing up more often on the wings or in a two back set-up but the main RB is and will be Fred Jackson.