Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

I didn't want to change much else. Personally, I felt that Fiora and Forde resembled Elincia and Ranulf face-wise. And Ike looks like Ike to me. But we'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what did you expect? Me to turn them into entirely different people?

Maybe just a little, to show that you've learned a bit since then. It is good that you've improved with the coloring and tested out your aliasing skills.

a75Lh.gifa75Ro.png

This has the angled neck but shoulder doesn't compensate issue your previous one did.

Also in most cases (using the headband as the example) you shouldn't need to use the outline color, just reorder your values so you can use the darkest as an outline.

Excess colors (there's a dark brown that shouldn't be there in the chin, the green in his eye is different than those on the hat)

Noticed in the OA Ranulf's hair is a bit longer, just retried the hair for fun. (Same with the skintone)

I'd challenge you to try altering Ike's cape a bit (whether by splicing or whatever technique) and see if you can improve it from the old version.

Edited by Lenh

But if I've improved with coloring ant anti-aliasing, doesn't that show I've learned some things since then? :P

And I see what you mean about the headband, thanks!

Oops, that dark brown must've been leftover from when I was changing the skin tone. xP Speaking of which, why did you make Ranulf's a bit pink? I recall him being a little tan, at least in RD.

But if I've improved with coloring ant anti-aliasing, doesn't that show I've learned some things since then? :P

Oops, that dark brown must've been leftover from when I was changing the skin tone. xP Speaking of which, why did you make Ranulf's a bit pink? I recall him being a little tan, at least in RD.

Except you're not pushing yourself at all, is what it seems like.

Also Lenh's skintone for Ranulf is close to the sort of red-coppery he has in RD.

Edited by Siuloir

Ugh noticed I hunched in the shoulders, always do, don't use my reference for those. ;w;

And I see what you mean about the headband, thanks!

Glad to help!

Yeah, I did change his headband color a bit. I sampled from one of his in-game sprites (not sure which, probably PoR) and either used them directly or mixed them a bit with your original colors. It's not exactly an orthodox method but I like using it as a starting base.

(

His skin tone is on the redder side, but I think with mixing and trying to reach the brightness of the others it started turning more pinkly.

Ranulf2.png

)

Yeah, it shows you've learned something. We'll always demand you learn a little more or a little faster though. ^^

Edited by Lenh

Ugh noticed I hunched in the shoulders, always do, don't use my reference for those. ;w;

Glad to help!

Yeah, I did change his headband color a bit. I sampled from one of his in-game sprites (not sure which, probably PoR) and either used them directly or mixed them a bit with your original colors. It's not exactly an orthodox method but I like using it as a starting base.

(

His skin tone is on the redder side, but I think with mixing and trying to reach the brightness of the others it started turning more pinkly.

Ranulf2.png

)

Yeah, it shows you've learned something. We'll always demand you learn a little more or a little faster though. ^^

I thought he seemed a bit hunchback the way you did him. lol

Ah, I see. I'm just taking colors from existing FE7 and FE6 sprites since I'm still learning to create them myself.

Oh yeah, you're right. Ranulf is a bit pink. Huh. But I still don't see him as pale as you made him for some reason. o.O

Yeah, but everyone learns at their own pace, you know?

Edited by Anacybele

I really hate that neck twisting pose it's so difficult to get riiiiiight without looking laaaame. Also I'm just bad at foreshortening, can't lie.

It's a trade off of whether you want him to look in place or out of place with relative brightness, I guess. There's certainly other ways to give the impression of tanned skin.

I applied some of your corrections to Ranulf, Lenh. :)

Updatedmugs_zpsd000926c.png

I didn't change the skin tone though. I guess I just like the one I already have better. Also made an attempt to fix Elincia's hair color. It's not actually that much different from the old one, but I think it looks better.

Next I'll fix up Azura, the lord character, some more. She's the only one left that I'll actually need for the next comic in my series too, so yeah (and truth be told, Elincia isn't actually going to be in this one, but I wanted to update her anyway because she was in the same set as Ike and Ranulf. Plus she appears in numerous previous comics).

Edited by Anacybele

I applied some of your corrections to Ranulf, Lenh. :)

Updatedmugs_zpsd000926c.png

I didn't change the skin tone though. I guess I just like the one I already have better. Also made an attempt to fix Elincia's hair color. It's not actually that much different from the old one, but I think it looks better.

Next I'll fix up Azura, the lord character, some more. She's the only one left that I'll actually need for the next comic in my series too, so yeah (and truth be told, Elincia isn't actually going to be in this one, but I wanted to update her anyway because she was in the same set as Ike and Ranulf. Plus she appears in numerous previous comics).

You made Ranulf much paler than his Radiant Dawn artwork again.

Also wearing his headscarf tightly would doubtless be uncomfortable for his giant kitty ears.

Edited by Siuloir

Updatedmugs_zps3643abc9.png

This better? :)

Also, here are my two mugs of Azura. The one on the left is her base class (Scout) and the one on the right is her in the Lord class.

Azurashot_zps77651b56.png

She's meant to be standing in a different pose as a Scout than as a Lord. Originally I wasn't sure what to do with the left pauldron in the Scout mug (as I had spliced it from an FE6 character I don't know the name of), but then I realized that I could make it work the way it was already drawn. Scout Azura has a hand on her hip and raises her shoulder a tad in doing so.

Find the originals here and here. At first I tried (and failed) to tweak Raven's hair color, but this time I've tried Miledy's color. Not sure if it works though. I never realized a dark red shade would be so hard to do on this girl... >_<

Far shoulder pads on the scout one is strange, it's as if she's raising the shoulder making an awkward pose.

I am aware you said she does raise her shoulder, but it just looks strange.

Edited by Fateborn