DancingDanny's Gallery

DancingDanny

Here's some pictures that I've done! :O)

[spoiler=Artwork Links]August 22, 2012

Innes

Callum

Eliwood and Ninian

August 29, 2012

Serra and Oswin

September 12, 2012

L'Arachel and her Gang

L'Arachel

Dozla

September 26, 2012

Ethlin (Colored Pencil)

Ethlin (Digital)

October 22, 2012

Tana and Cormag

Callum and My Unit(?)

December 4, 2012

The Fire Emblem

December 11, 2012

Robert

January 9, 2013

Eddie

Captain America

January 11, 2013

Mystic Girl

January 13, 2013

Hip-Hop Guy

January 15, 2013

Garnet Til Alexandros XVII

January 17, 2013

Vampire

January 19, 2013

Lissa

January 22, 2013

Splitting Image

Snow White

January 30, 2013

Cartoon Mintie

Disneyfied Self

CaramellDansen Mintie

February 5, 2013

Princess Peach

February 6, 2013

Kotetsu Kaburagi

February 26, 2013

The Other Side of Me

Ghostie

Hercules and Meg

Mona

Apocalypse

Colors of the Wind

Secret

Lumpy Space Princess

Fire Emblem Awakening Family Tree

I love getting feedback, so tell me what you think! :O)

There shall be more, so don't worry! :O)

I also forgot to mention, if you have any requests, post 'em here! \o/ (Although, I will most likely only do it if it's from something I know... It doesn't have to just be Fire Emblem! XP)

Edited by DancingDanny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Callum one!

For the digital ones though, it looks like you're trying to color everything on one layer D: The small white spaces between the coloring and the lines are what I'm talking about. If you take a scanned/photo'd sketch and just color over it, it's going to look...I dunno what to call it, uh, clashing. Tracing over the original picture with a new lineart layer is so much easier to color under.

• 2 weeks later...

September 12, 2012 *Another Update!*

L'Arachel and her Gang

(And sorry for the random white dots and overall sloppiness of this one >-<, I did it on my 3DS! XD)

L'Arachel

Dozla

(I know these two are on line paper, it's all I had xD)

(I'll start putting these all at the first post thingy.... But I'll keep adding as I go along so it'll bump it, and so people can comment!)

Edited by DancingDanny

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have a lot of promise! A lot of your characters have floating feet, so what I suggest is to suggest a "ground plane" line that you can imagine the feet are sitting on. It's easiest to block out things as shapes on this surface until they feel like they're standing. It can just be two cubes with stick legs and arms and a head, and once everything is in place, just draw overtop. It's incredibly helpful to plot out a group picture so everyone is standing relative to one another. I think establishing where the feet hit the ground will greatly improve your drawings and make them feel less floaty.

I think you have a lot of promise! A lot of your characters have floating feet, so what I suggest is to suggest a "ground plane" line that you can imagine the feet are sitting on. It's easiest to block out things as shapes on this surface until they feel like they're standing. It can just be two cubes with stick legs and arms and a head, and once everything is in place, just draw overtop. It's incredibly helpful to plot out a group picture so everyone is standing relative to one another. I think establishing where the feet hit the ground will greatly improve your drawings and make them feel less floaty.

Ooooh! Thank you so much! :)

Omg.... it's crazy that you say that... In my drawing class, my teacher has been getting on to us when we do our critques, because of floatiness! XD I'll definitely try that next time...

Thank you for the feedback! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh wow that's neat, I used to love Ceramics. I kinda stopped doing it after a bit but that's awesome man laugh.gif

Thanks Jedi! :)

I LOVE my Ceramics class! XD I'm kind of sad that tomorrow's the last day of classes though :(

Yours drawings aren't perfect, but they are quite correct. Where there is a problem, it is for the color, try to find tutorials on internet, I'm sure your creations will become beautiful.

December 11, 2012 (*UPDATE*)

Robert

(I did this one on my 3DS which it looked AWESOME on, but when I put it on the computer, you can really see the flaws... ^-^;)

Yours drawings aren't perfect, but they are quite correct. Where there is a problem, it is for the color, try to find tutorials on internet, I'm sure your creations will become beautiful.

Yeah, I'm not the best at coloring! ^_^; I'm trying to get better, most of the time it's just me getting lazy! xD Thanks for the tip! :)

Your character has a really nice chest and shoulders area, but his arms are a little short. You could make them like 33% longer. You could also consider moving his nose closer to the center of his face as it is just a little squished into his right eye. But otherwise it looks pretty good, especially since you say you drew it on the 3DS. I really like the hair, too.

Your character has a really nice chest and shoulders area, but his arms are a little short. You could make them like 33% longer. You could also consider moving his nose closer to the center of his face as it is just a little squished into his right eye. But otherwise it looks pretty good, especially since you say you drew it on the 3DS. I really like the hair, too.

Ah! I knew something was off! XD

Thanks! I've really been focusing on necks and shoulders lately, so I'm glad to hear that the shoulders are good! :D I need to keep practicing (especially legs, they used to look fine, but lately I feel like somethings off...)

Now that you mention the nose thing, the shading around it did seem different than usual! xD It is so nice to get feedback on the things I miss! :D Thank you very much! ^-^ (Btw, the hair's my favorite part!!! XD That's why I like him so much! :D)

• 4 weeks later...

January 9, 2013 (*UPDATE*)

Eddie

Captain America

(Sorry about the quality of the photo, I don't have access to my scanner.)

So these my first non Fire Emblem pics I have posted on here! xD

I don't think I'm going to limit this gallery just to Fire Emblem anymore...

So! From today on, I shall put anything that I think is worthy up! Ayup! -nods-

Edited by DancingDanny