Round 62 SF Splice Comp

Vampire Elf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I usually set up by flipping everything in advance. Takes all of a few minutes to do, and you don't need to worry about flipping things later when looking for a part.

Hmmm. I use the older MSPaint. Sometimes when you flip junk, it like does this hella weird thing where it cuts off a part of the image. Its lame. :( But next time, i might try that out.

^ That's likely a canvas size problem. I'd try selecting just one section and doing a flip. However, I only have Vista and Win7 MSP, so I can't really be sure if it's still applicable to older versions.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Oh i do that all the time. Just selecting one little part and flipping it around. It still does that though. D:

Different background colors are your problem. If you have it set to transparent selection and have the actual bg color as your secondary, and try to rotate something that has a different bg color, it will cut it off for whatever reason.

Different background colors are your problem. If you have it set to transparent selection and have the actual bg color as your secondary, and try to rotate something that has a different bg color, it will cut it off for whatever reason.

isolate it, and then select it with a bigger box.

That is brilliant, and something I never would've thought of. Thanks, AK~!

I swear I'll find time to enter this. I made a quick mock-up, and I think my idea will work.

isolate it, and then select it with a bigger box.

Oooooh ok! That might work! Thanks guys! :D

He seems pretty flat too. Very pillowy around his half of armour. He seems to be looking to the left for no real reason, but his body is entirely facing us. Looks like you're trying to make it appear as if he's entirely facing to our left a bit, but shortening one side of armour won't do that, because it's still from a complete front-view.

I dig the armour's overall idea though, refined it would look real swell :)

NuCale-1.png

Well here's my entry.

The armor was made by splicing pieces of Pent, Sain, and Jerme's wardrobes.

The collar was made by shifting the outline from Sain's armor collar and splicing in shading from Pent's cloak.

The face was made from Jerme's faceline, Sain's nose, brows, and mandible, Pent's mouth and eyes.

The hair is Sain's with Jerme's bang, and Pent's ponytail.

ouuuuu-a-ouuuuu!

I like your entry Nayr. The armor just look a bit too large IMO. Like maybe 2 pixels too large on the left side OPV or something.

_______

Not sure if I did the good edits, but I changed some stuff on my entry. Is it better or worst? Splicing is like so much harder than customing... and even more when you want to correct stuff..

sf62.gif

Edited by Kratos Aurion

I'd argue the reverse, but wrong topic.

It looks like you're missing some shading on your guys' forehead (where the hair meets the face).

I finally have some time, now what was I doing again? Oh, right.

EDIT:

xV7D3.png

I probably need to fix, like, everything, but I'm tired. My brain refuses to comprehend hair shading. ;/

Edited by eclipse

Funny, because I basically didn't touch the hair.

TBH, I can't be bothered to fix it. I hate splicing, any any more "fixing" may throw me into a realm of excess customing, and frankly, I've been called out far too many times than I'm particularly inclined to tolerate. I'm clearly part of a strange double standard that's only recently gotten better, but I'm not willing to stick around to find out if it improves or regresses again.

tl;dr - I'm a fucking bitter raegquatter, that mug is a piece of shit, and I don't care to play with it any more for the sake of this contest.

Anything else you'd like to cover?

Funny, because I basically didn't touch the hair.

TBH, I can't be bothered to fix it. I hate splicing, any any more "fixing" may throw me into a realm of excess customing, and frankly, I've been called out far too many times than I'm particularly inclined to tolerate. I'm clearly part of a strange double standard that's only recently gotten better, but I'm not willing to stick around to find out if it improves or regresses again.

tl;dr - I'm a fucking bitter raegquatter, that mug is a piece of shit, and I don't care to play with it any more for the sake of this contest.

Anything else you'd like to cover?

It's better than my mug, but I honestly can't comprehend hair shading.