FEXP Ultimate Guide

Klokinator

117f9.png

They get 5 range on top of the base (8), not their sight is set to 5

117gl.png

That's not actually what it does, Fighters aren't in that list. If you check the classes with those ids you'd see it's mostly cavalry, fliers, and armors. Those classes have the same map sprites in GBA FE regardless of gender, and all armors and dragon riders have the same in battle sprites regardless of gender. This thing just makes it so you don't have to import the map sprites/animations twice

117jc.png

For this only 0 and 1 are valid as genders, it's just to have gender specific caps. Any higher values will be reduced down to 0 or 1

Having spaces in the promotion bonus arrays probably wouldn't break anything, it's just preferred in RMXP scripts to not have lines wider than the editor

The class generic con values exist for the same reason the generic builds do, it's just separate from bases/growths because it would likely be the same between builds

Edited by BwdYeti

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed only a couple of the errors yeti pointed out, the rest will wait for the revision in the semi-near future (About 2 months from now, hopefully.). In other news, I'm up to version 6.2 (Chapter 6 complete and 2/10th's of chapter 7), though this release is a lot sloppier than I'd prefer. I started writing chapter 6, then I realized I was way ahead of myself, so I made it chapter 7 and rewrote chapter 6 with the goal of a chapter creation section first, THEN a section devoted to eventing. So if it looks a bit sloppy and doesn;'t really elaborate well in the 6th chapter, I apologize and I'll fix this in the revisions.

Anyway, FEXP Ultimate Guide 6.2 downloadable now.

Oh and I'm renaming it to Ultimate Guide instead of Ultimate Tutorial, because it's really more of a guide for FEXP, not a step-by-step tutorial.

• 3 weeks later...

Long awaited update! I finally got a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 and we now have the long awaited sequence of updates coming!

FEXP Ultimate Guide Revised 2.0

Some huge changes include:

Pros

+ Attempting to add all of Yeti's critique (I need to do some more slight revisions)

+ New double column format helps make things a lot more clear compared to a giant single column mish-mash

+ New tooltips you can see in-doc. When you see underlined orange/brown hyperlinks, put your cursor over it and a little tooltip will appear giving you more information about the subject. Blue hyperlionks actually link to sites though, so CTRL+click to follow links. Also, some pictures have tooltips too.

+ Slicker look to the whole document

Cons

- Since the document is in Docx format, only those with Microsoft word 2007/2010 will be able to view it. When I export to PDF it loses formatting and all tooltips, so I need to find a way to retain tooltips and formatting in a format everyone can enjoy and use. Any suggestions?

Current progress is up to chapter 2. More chapters later.

Edited by Phoenix Saga

- Since the document is in Docx format, only those with Microsoft word 2007/2010 will be able to view it.

Open Office (and I can only assume Libre Office as well) can open .docx and .doc files just fine. And they're both free.

Ultimate Guide Revision V5.0

Version 5.0 is out, featuring revamped versions of three more chapters, some detail added about battle animations, and it now includes hyperlinks to each chapter from the table of contents. CTRL+Click to use them!

God damn I love using microsoft office. What an improvement over openoffice.

Would have released this yesterday but I was hella busy.

Ultimate Guide Revision 6.0

Added a whole new chapter which is a combination of the last two chapters of the previous version... they didn't mesh well originally and now they're a lot better. Revised the first chapter a bit too, and removed underlines for tooltips. Now if you spot orange text, just hover your mouse over it for "tips" and stuff like that.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Klok again. I have a few weeks to work on my tutorial again. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having troubles with the DL link for any of the released updates? I can't seem to download them though it might be due to my browser settings or something as the link seems to still be active.

Anyway, here's to hoping I get back into writing this sucker :D

• 2 months later...
8 is affinity, 9 is gender

Lol, hilariously, I found out very recently that not only was I incorrect the first time, this correction by Yeti was also incorrect. It's actually:

8 = Gender

9 = Affinity

I'll add this in when I revise the tutorial at some point in the future.

• 3 months later...

Why would you do that? There's no completed, editable FEXP games out there. For those that are completed that you just want to play, the main folder should have an .exe file for you to use. If you want to edit something you've already made, make sure you have Rpg Maker XP and click the .rxproj file. If you're thinking of starting a game with FEXP, I'd advise you don't, since something vastly better is coming in, like, a couple months or something?

• 4 months later...

Fun fact, the document was password protected (I forgot to undo that) so you couldn't view any tooltips. I have fixed that by updating the download in the OP. Nothing else is changed.

EDit: Actually I decided to update the guide with new information on aligning faces properly ingame by using Cedar's Tool. The guide has been updated to 6.2 to reflect this.

Edited by Klokinator

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think you could make a .txt file for those that don't have Microsoft Word?

Maybe doesn't he just make a PDF? It's pretty easy to export the file as one from Word, and that's pretty easy to view.

Edited by Celice

The main reason I didn't make it a word document was because I wanted tooltips for a nice, clean, uniform look. PDF's don't support them, and if I exported to a pdf all the tooltips that are -currently- in it would become garbled code and would fuck up the formatting pretty badly.

That being said, gimme a couple days (maybe less) and I'll remove all thye tooltips and export to a pdf.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...