What endings would you have made possible in Radiant Dawn?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't do this, but...

GatrieXLyre, ZiharkXany and all girl laguz.

Some of these posts are getting ridiculous though....

What the heck! MarciaXKieran, IkeXElincia, KurthXMicaiah, IkeXMia, ZiharkXMia(his robes are whitish), AranXLaura, RhysXMia, LyreXKyza, MordecaiXLethe, and HaarXTitania for the highest tier baby ever!

Don't expect me to ever post anything like this again. I'm too arrogant and boring for that.

Also folks.

TormodXVika

IkeXLethe

SorenXTits

MiaXZihark

MordyXIllyana

KyzaZLyre

SanakiXMuarim

You know

anyone can support with anyone else.

Also, LEanneXIke.

Tormod x Sanaki, Aran x Laura, Elincia x Lucia, Ike x Mia would have all been choices of mine.

Also Stefan x Micaiah could have worked. After serving as the Queen of Daein for several decades, Micaiah abdicated the throne and after naming a successor, she went to the Grann Desert and lived her last years in Stefan's newly founded country. This all presumably happens after Sothe and all of Micaiah's friends pass away, so it's kind of a bittersweet ending.

Who would've thought...

Yeah, kind of obvious now, I guess. But just to clarify, I hated him long before I chose IkexElincia as my favorite pairing or knew that Ike and Soren had an A support ending in RD.

Edited by Anacybele

The entire support endings system is lame. Seriously the only difference it makes is a one-sentence statement of whatever they did afterwards. Did they seriously run out of budget to include some gameplay related differences based on supports? WOW you spend a couple of levels leveling up them to A, and instead of saying "John went and travelled the world", it now says "John went and travelled the world with Jane". Yes your whole reward is two extra words that you might not even notice. Hell some of these support ending statements are even copy pasted from other ones. Maybe make a couple of different cutscenes depending on the major characters' supports? Or at least make an extra still images + dialogue cutscene at the end? Or maybe a +1 stat bonus in the next playthrough in some areas depending on which A-leveled support pairs you had? I mean Fire Emblem is probably the only game I know that has absolutely no clear game bonuses or unlockables besides being able to choose Pelleas.

Also the fact that you need to have 55+ units stay and kill a few enemies outside the tower (which doesn't even make any sense, why would you care about enemies outside the tower when Ashera is inside) and only bring 16 people with you into the most dangerous area in the world is the dumbest strategy I've ever heard. Soren must've either been fired as the strategist or was sleeping when they were planning this.

Anyways /rant.

I would just prefer that Geoffrey have other options besides Elincia, and since yes, he had a support with Callil, she would work. She initially is attracted to him too, which I think is kinda cute. :P

I wouldn't be too sure that an ending with Callil would work though, considering what she says in the B and A supports.

Edited by Little Al

I wouldn't be too sure that an ending with Callil would work though, considering what she says in the B and A supports.

That's in PoR. We're talking about RD here. And I also said without the Largo thing. xP

And even then, I'd have changed those PoR supports too.

Edited by Anacybele

That's in PoR. We're talking about RD here. And I also said without the Largo thing. xP

It makes no difference. For her to go after Geoffrey would be against her character, even when ignoring that she's an Elincia X Geoffrey Shipper on Deck. Chances are, she'd be married to Largo regardless. And would you want to go after someone who's not your type after seeing how he is as a person?
And even then, I'd have changed those PoR supports too.

May I ask why? They're fine as-is.

If I were in charge of making endings in Radiant Dawn, I'd have just nuked everything. No paired endings, no nothing. :| Players' interpretation indeed. All of this argument over endings (and by extension pairings) is silly and ridiculous (and I am not just speaking of FE10 alone but all FEs). For the most part, IS gave us a handful of pairings that would work (FE7 and FE8) or a few select pairings (FE10). The thing is, NONE OF THESE ARE CANON UNTIL IS ACTUALLY COMES OUT AND SAYS SO. In other words, there is no point in arguing with FE7 pairing is "more canon". There is no point in saying, "oh but Elincia/Geoffrey and Boyd/Mist and Makalov/Astrid" yadda yadda. You don't want Elincia/Geoffrey to happen? DON'T "A" SUPPORT THEM.

My point being: IS gave the players mostly free reign over what happens in the aftermath of the games. So instead of bickering with people who don't agree with you, just agree to disagree that we all have our own interpretations and none of them are canon unless actually stated by IS.

Geoffrey is Elincia's knight and he shows interest in absolutely no one else. Calill marries Largo no matter what and adopt Amy. Giving Calill any paired ending when she already runs a bar with her husband Largo would be weird, unless it were like a teacher-student non romantic ending with Tormod or Nephenee. Just because you don't like Geoffrey loving Elincia doesn't mean he should be half-heartedly shipped off to someone else and insist the games should have been rewritten.

May I ask why? They're fine as-is.

Um, so a GeoffreyxCallil ending would make sense?

Geoffrey is Elincia's knight and he shows interest in absolutely no one else. Calill marries Largo no matter what and adopt Amy. Giving Calill any paired ending when she already runs a bar with her husband Largo would be weird, unless it were like a teacher-student non romantic ending with Tormod or Nephenee. Just because you don't like Geoffrey loving Elincia doesn't mean he should be half-heartedly shipped off to someone else and insist the games should have been rewritten.

Firstly, I just said that I would change it to where Callil DOESN'T marry Largo. Second, I'm not even going to get into the Geoffrey thing, I've debated it enough. Thirdly, I never said anything about "half-heartedly shipping" anyone off. I would've done something like what FE7 and 8 have. Multiple options for each character, where EACH one works.

Also, if you look at my list in the first post, I still included Geoffrey and Elincia! Despite that I hate the pairing! I wouldn't be rewriting parts of the game just for myself.

Boron, unless you literally carved your eyes out before reading (dont ask how you would do it without eyes), there is no way that might even vaguely consider her words directed at you.

Anacybele, Calill/Geafrey support from FE9 as it is in no way would make their pairing make sense in the slightest. Please stop making excuses for Geofrey to marry any member of the mentioned cast outside Elincia, it would demand out of character action beyond mortal understanding. He marries Elincia, some stranger or dies alone, roll with it

Edited by Kore wa Sho desu ka?

Oh, I also included IkexMia, another pairing I dislike. Yet, I'd still rewrite a bit of the game so it would work. Because I know there are IkexMia fans out there. See, I'm thinking of ALL the fans, not just shippers of IkexElincia or haters of GeoffreyxElincia.

Not to mention I left in all the pairings that are already possible in RD, despite that I don't ship almost any of them.

Edited by Anacybele

Boron, unless you literally carved your eyes out before reading (dont ask how you would do it without eyes), there is no way that might even vaguely consider her words directed at you.

I'm tired, feeling sick, and her post was right after mine so I just wanted to be sure. -_-

Oh, one more thing. Kent canonically develops a crush on Lyn in FE7, no matter who he gets with. But he can change his mind and fall for Fiora or Farina instead. There's nothing saying Geoffrey can't go through a similar experience (love Elincia first, but then get to know some other women and fall for one of them instead). Geoffrey reminds me a lot of Kent anyway. Both are loyal, uptight knights that fall for the princess they are serving at some point. Both command the knights in their respective nations as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, one more thing. Kent canonically develops a crush on Lyn in FE7, no matter who he gets with. But he can change his mind and fall for Fiora or Farina instead. There's nothing saying Geoffrey can't go through a similar experience (love Elincia first, but then get to know some other women and fall for one of them instead). Geoffrey reminds me a lot of Kent anyway. Both are loyal, uptight knights that fall for the princess they are serving at some point. Both command the knights in their respective nations as well.

That's true to a certain point, with Geoffrey x Calill being the equivalent of Kent x Sain where you learn for sure that Kent likes Lyn. But then Kent has supports with other females as well, while Geoffrey doesn't. Geoffrey x Calill makes no sense because Calill flat out states "Sorry dude I know you like Elincia so we'll never get together", while the Kent x Fiora/Farina supports do no such thing.

And I'm saying I'd change that to where Geoffrey could support with other females. Hey, I'm wanting to give him more opportunities to get married. And I hate the guy. I'm actually having mercy on him. xP

Edited by Anacybele

In other words, Geoffrey's only supports are with Elincia and Calil and he literally has "no other option" other than her (if PoR worked like the GBA games). Whereas Kent has not only Lyn but Fiora and Farina. Also, unlike Geoffrey's supports with Calil, there is literally no mention of Lyn in Kent's supports with Fiora or Farina. Kent canonically has a crush on Lyn, but he can move on. Crushes don't last forever.

That said, one would need to rewrite all of PoR's supports in order to give characters multiple "romantic" options that could carry through to Radiant Dawn. If you're going to do that, why not just create something original of your own?

Also, Anacybele ... if I may, do you hate Geoffrey and Soren because they are commonly shipped with Elincia and Ike? In the same way that some other shippers hate whoever gets in the way of their OTP and can't be paired off? (Like a Kent/Lyn and Hector/Lyn shipper despising Rath for that reason only.)

Edited by Seoyeon

Huh? Why rewrite all of them? I was only talking about rewriting Geoffrey's and Callil's...

EDIT: No, I've disliked them since before I knew about those endings. The endings only made me dislike them further.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh? Why rewrite all of them? I was only talking about rewriting Geoffrey's and Callil's...

If you want to give Geoffrey more female options besides Elincia, then why not give everyone else more options than they already have? Meaning, if we're already going to rewrite one person's supports we should just extend the same respect to everyone and give everyone more options.

EDIT: No, I've disliked them since before I knew about those endings. The endings only made me dislike them further.

Fair enough. I would've been honestly annoyed if pairings were the only reason you disliked them, that's just a pet peeve of mine.

So...

Basically you hated them ever since they appeared, so in other words ever since Ike/Lincie showed more affection towards them than each other, basically becoming obstacles of IkeXElincia pairing even before the paired ending are to be pointed out?

Yeah sure, you hate them for other reason than what boron said