My version of FE8

SirSerenes

You could just make Innes into a high-level Archer. That way, the player can pick whether to make him a Sniper or a Ranger (you'd probably want to give Sniper some advantages over Ranger, though, because it's a pretty easy decision atm).

If you want to put in more dark magic users, why not give Lute the option to promote to female Druid instead of Mage Knight? It fits her background quite well, I think, certainly better than Shaman fits Natasha.

[assuming you don't remove branched promotions]

Edited by Anouleth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason I think that Natasha would be 'ok' as a Shaman/Druid is that she also is from Grado, like Knoll. Granted, it does say in the story that the two of them were in different magic sects, but this could be construed as just different groups of thought considering the Dark Stone and whatnot.

As for giving Seth Eliwood's battle sprite, I thought it went nicely because Seth is Erika's mentor and probably influenced Ephraim as well, so looking similar wouldn't really be obscenely non-canon.

And it should be noted that all of my class suggestions are under the assumption that you are keeping class promotion lock and not branched choice.

I wouldn't call Seth her mentor, he isn't that much older than her and it never mentions that he ever trained her. Her mentor was just her brother from what the game tells you. Seth is just a very loyal badass knight that can get an ending with Eirika if the player decides to pursue it.

I like the idea of Natasha being a shaman because she is from Grado but it is still hard for me to think about Seth with Eliwood sprite.

Well, school year begins tomorrow for me so I'm afraid that I will not be able to continue this hack for a while but be sure that I will keep thinking about it.

I will edit the first post in order to remember your suggestions.

If you have any other things that you want submit to me, you can still debate on this topic, I will be happy to read it from time to time.

Also if anybody wants to fulfill it on his own or maybe with a more complete team while I am away you have my permission to take what I have already done.

I don't know when I will resume this, maybe a month or a year but I guarantee you that I will do it. Have fun and farewell smile.gif

Edited by SirSerenes

• 3 months later...

sir the download link is not working anymore..

can you please reupload it? or anyone has a copy of this game. i really want to play your game. thanks.

Necroposting is against our rules.

Please don't do so again.

dat necropost.

Instead of making a useless post about it, please report it.That way, the staff can deal with it.

Thanks.

Edited by eCut

Here is the new link https://www.dropbox.com/s/smr97xo338rsq9j/EditedFE8.rar

Actually, I was thinking about starting it again from scratch, the only thing I'm sure I will keep are the classes inserted from other FE. For now I really don't know about the rest: should I keep branched promotions? What about infinite sacred weapons? And I have to think about the difficulty of the game too (though for this one I think I will just leave the growths in peace).I also wanted to modify the summons, even if I don't have enough time for now . Well, to put in in a nutshell I am thinking about adding a poll (if I find out how to do so).

Branched promotions are okay to me.

Traditionalists may just simply choose the usual promotion, while others can have some varieted gameplay.

Infinite sacred weapons make no sense. Why should anyone use other weapons if there is an obviously stronger weapon that lasts eternally?

Summons are quite a pain to edit, since they will always end up having a simple Iron Axe in the inventory, so you'll be forced to do some ASM.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Here is the new link https://www.dropbox....j/EditedFE8.rar

Actually, I was thinking about starting it again from scratch, the only thing I'm sure I will keep are the classes inserted from other FE. For now I really don't know about the rest: should I keep branched promotions? What about infinite sacred weapons? And I have to think about the difficulty of the game too (though for this one I think I will just leave the growths in peace).I also wanted to modify the summons, even if I don't have enough time for now . Well, to put in in a nutshell I am thinking about adding a poll (if I find out how to do so).

thank you sir.. i will try your game..

my opinion: keep branched promotions. usually when it comes to this kind of thing, having the choice is better than being forced into something you might not want. as for infinite use weapons, i think it's a bad idea. it'd make endgame braindead. instead you might want to make hammernes buyable in post game. that way, you still have to play the story in a non-cheap way but have near unlimited access to them in post game where it matters. and a couple suggestions: have you thought about adding a soldier > halaberdier promotion branch for amelia? i think she'd make a great halaberdier. also make lagdou harder. not really hard with 20/20 units

Edited by izanagi61

I'd say there are two easy ways to go about Sacred Twins.

• Make them infinite and keep the special effects, but make them only as strong as iron.
  • Keep them finite, but ensure Hammerne is either very seldom available or prohibitively expensive.

...or you could use them with regular level 20/10 units who are already strong enough?

Not if the endgame foes are also stat boosted to require max level, sacred twin stat boosts, and max support to not be slaughtered be at a level playing field....

i agree. making max stats necessary is going overboard. it would be less about strategy and more about which class has the highest caps. plus if he took your advice and made sacred twins mandatory to beat lagdou, then you would only have like 7 characters ( 1 per divine weap ). instead he should just take a few days and redesign lagdou. not necessarily the maps, but the monster layout, their stats, equips, positioning, item drops etc. if he does it right he can make lagdou more challenging for subsequent visit while keeping it balanced and fun. as for divine weapons. keeping them infinite is stupid imo. nerfing them to iron levels is just as bad. monster slayer weapons do practically the same thing and they are iron level. i vote for buyable hammernes in the post game. you can make them super expensive to make it more fair.