My version of FE8

SirSerenes

Postgame gives ton of money in FE8.

Just do the Lagdou Ruins once and you get 40k gold at least.

a.its less

b.aside from lagodu 1-10 its all diminishing returns in cash(even lagodu might be a dm its expensive to get all the equips)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Branched promotions are okay to me.

Traditionalists may just simply choose the usual promotion, while others can have some varieted gameplay.

Infinite sacred weapons make no sense. Why should anyone use other weapons if there is an obviously stronger weapon that lasts eternally?

Summons are quite a pain to edit, since they will always end up having a simple Iron Axe in the inventory, so you'll be forced to do some ASM.

I don't want to remove branched promotion because of traditionalism, I think I already said it before but nevermind, it's just about background (for example Duessel is a great general of Grado and L'Arachel is the princess of Rausten so I wanted to grant them an "unique" class by supressing the way to reach it, some cheap unique classes, though I could not do the same for Jushua and Glen). Well, the idea may seem strange but that's how I see it.

About summons, I think that ASM is inevitable too but in that case I asume I would need the summon location in the rom, I wasn't able to find find this information and I have just a vague idea of how to dot it (I would try to change things with nightmare first then match it to the original rom with an hex editor, wait that must be in the .nmm file, anyway, somewhere here might lie the Iron Axe) and it would indeed be painful.

This was an idea I had in another topic, but what if you made it so that the Divine Weapons have infinite uses but no experience gain. This would strictly make them endgame tools as you would only want 20/20 leveled up units to use them.

This may be a solution but I have absolutely no idea of how I could do such a thing

my opinion: keep branched promotions. usually when it comes to this kind of thing, having the choice is better than being forced into something you might not want. as for infinite use weapons, i think it's a bad idea. it'd make endgame braindead. instead you might want to make hammernes buyable in post game. that way, you still have to play the story in a non-cheap way but have near unlimited access to them in post game where it matters. and a couple suggestions: have you thought about adding a soldier > halaberdier promotion branch for amelia? i think she'd make a great halaberdier. also make lagdou harder. not really hard with 20/20 units

Limited sacred weapons but hammernes buyable in post game is a thing I am thinking about: I wanted to make them infinite just because I was sick of having them in my convoy, never using them because I was afraid of damaging them after finishing the game.

Like I think I said in my first post, I already did the promotion branch for Amelia. About making Lagdou ruins harder, I think they are already enough long to finish, so I am not planning to do so unless what I did has made them really too easy.

I'd say there are two easy ways to go about Sacred Twins.

• Make them infinite and keep the special effects, but make them only as strong as iron.
  • Keep them finite, but ensure Hammerne is either very seldom available or prohibitively expensive.

I think the second choice is better, else it wouldn't be really sacred weapons, although I don't think I will make Hammerne too expensive.

I have also new questions, what base stats and growths should I give to Mansel(max stats are the same than Athos)? And I would like to improve those of Caellach, Fado & Co

Edited by SirSerenes

Replying to you question concerning the CC unlock players (Haden, Fado, etc.) That would depend on what level you want to bring them in at and also if you decided to keep them their respective classes. I know several of them come around level 10ish, or whatever level they were when you faced them in the story. It would also depend on whether you want them to have more 'unique' stat distribution or just give them average growths/stats for that class. Take Caellech for example, would you prefer to just boost his stats by 2-3 per and keep him strength oriented, or rearrange them so he's got more speed and skill and less defenses like 'traditional' heroes in the GBA FE games? Stuff like that you need to decide before you start changing the values.

Replying to you question concerning the CC unlock players (Haden, Fado, etc.) That would depend on what level you want to bring them in at and also if you decided to keep them their respective classes. I know several of them come around level 10ish, or whatever level they were when you faced them in the story. It would also depend on whether you want them to have more 'unique' stat distribution or just give them average growths/stats for that class. Take Caellech for example, would you prefer to just boost his stats by 2-3 per and keep him strength oriented, or rearrange them so he's got more speed and skill and less defenses like 'traditional' heroes in the GBA FE games? Stuff like that you need to decide before you start changing the values.

I just want to modify it enough to make them good units (if I remember correctly, in the aftergame Caellach is quite weak). You are right, I have to think about how to boost base stats or/and growths but that's not important for now, I will do it later. Also I forgot to tell that Mansel is available at level 10 in the chapter where we must protect him. I was also thinking about replacing Orson by Vigarde in the aftergame but I'm not really sure about it.

By the way is there a way to insert other animations when FEditor tells you that "the pointer array has been relocated" which seems to be caused by the use of other editors like Nightmare or GBAGE?

By the way is there a way to insert other animations when FEditor tells you that "the pointer array has been relocated" which seems to be caused by the use of other editors like Nightmare or GBAGE?

Open the rom in FEeditor.

Save the rom.

Close FEeditor.

Reopen the rom.

This should fix the checksum and allow you to insert new animations.

This was an idea I had in another topic, but what if you made it so that the Divine Weapons have infinite uses but no experience gain. This would strictly make them endgame tools as you would only want 20/20 leveled up units to use them.

In practice, the Sacred Twins can only be used quite late in the game anyway, and only Garm, Excalibur, and one of either Audhulma or Vidofnir (depending on which weapon you have Seth S Rank) are viable anyway. And Excalibur is only viable on Eirika Route...

Edited by Anouleth

Open the rom in FEeditor.

Save the rom.

Close FEeditor.

Reopen the rom.

This should fix the checksum and allow you to insert new animations.

That is a quite simple thing, the kind of you tell yourself"I should have thought about it!". Anyway, I am really gratful to you, that will prevent me from starting again.

Edited by SirSerenes

That is a quite simple thing, the kind of you tell yourself"I should have thought about it!". Anyway, I am really gratful to you, that will prevent me from starting again.

Don't worry! Glad I helped you there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been almost 4 months, do not necropost (if you want to contact him, please pm instead of bumping an old topic).

Edited by eCut

• 7 months later...