MAR Array Inserter Problem

Silver Mercenary 0

So, I am fairly new to Fire Emblem hacking in general. I've been screwing around with Nightmare, and event/text editing for a couple months, and now I'm attempting to insert my own map into FE7.

Its not a very large one. The dimensions are X: 12, Y: 20. However, I have encountered a problem with the MAR Array Inserter regarding the map dimensions. Basically, the program will NOT let me change the value of X, and it stays stuck at '15'.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong, and/or how I can fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

So, I am fairly new to Fire Emblem hacking in general. I've been screwing around with Nightmare, and event/text editing for a couple months, and now I'm attempting to insert my own map into FE7.

Its not a very large one. The dimensions are X: 12, Y: 20. However, I have encountered a problem with the MAR Array Inserter regarding the map dimensions. Basically, the program will NOT let me change the value of X, and it stays stuck at '15'.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong, and/or how I can fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

I initially tried using Mappry/MAR Array inserter for map creation and insertion, but I kept running into a series of problems. I don't believe I had the problem that you are describing though... Anyway, I suggest switching to the Tiled/Tiled Map Inserter way of creating maps (especially if this is your first map, and you are going to create more). That is what I eventually did, and I haven't had too many issues since. This way also makes map changes a lot easier when you get into it. Here is a great reference on how it works: http://serenesforest...showtopic=26486. Sorry, I can't answer your specific question, but I hope I can point you in a good direction.

Well, after a little bit of logical thinking, I realized the only reason I couldn't change the value of X is because 15 is the minimum number of tiles a map can have horizontally, and I was trying to lower it to 12. Kind of embarassing, but anyways, I'll try recreating my map so it is larger, and attempt it again.

But thanks, Luckysong, for the other map making/insertion program. I'll be sure to try it out, especially if I encounter more problems with Mappy and the MAR array inserter.

Edited by SilverMercenary0

Yup, I just wasn't thinking straight, my bad. Though now I'm curious Nintenlord, do you prefer using MAR Array Inserter or Tiled? (It's to my understanding that you developed, or at least had a hand in both programs, so I want your opinion).

Edited by SilverMercenary0