1-6-2 and 1-8 hard mode, possible to rescue all prisoners?

Airen

Is it possible to rescue ALL prisoners on 1-6-2 (chapter where Fiona's men rescue those prisoners) and 1-8 (swamp), in hard mode? I managed to rescue all of them on normal mode, but I'm not sure how to do it on hard mode, especially 1-6-2, where the enemies are simply way too close to the green units and my units can't get past the bridge fast enough.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-6-2: Send Tauroneo over the western bridge and up to the boss. He should get within his range in four turns I think. Equip him with a Javelin so that he two-shots the boss.

1-8: Tried it once, almost impossible. Like the guy above said, kill the Wyvern Riders with Tormod + Elthunder. Rescue prisoners with Muarim, Vika, Volug and Nailah. Rafiel will need to be used, and your remaining units will have a tough time against all the enemies heading in their direction.

Seriously not recommended in either chapter, particularly 1-6-2 which is fairly easy for a Micaiah chapter and great for getting Exp. 1-8 just too easily leads to one of Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan or Zihark dying because to many units are off rescuing prisoners, although it's great if you fancy a real challenge.

For 1-6-2, have Jill rescue drop Tauroneo to the boss and equip him with a Hand Axe.

For 1-8, rescue the prisoners and kill the wyvernknights asap. You can manipulate their AI pretty easily. Sothe should be able to take care of the east pretty easily by himself. Have units with good 1-2 range go west. GG

I like to have Sothe do chapter 1-6-1 because he doesn't need the Promoted Jill dropping him. He reaches the boss on turn 2 with proper Shove abuse and should be able to survive with resolve on thickets and should be able to beat the boss with max atk/crit forges. Adept would make the kill easier but survival abilities might not be plenty.

Ah so for 1-6-2 it's impossible to rescue all of them unless you quickly kill the boss? I was trying to beat the chapter normally and have them all escape from the bridge.

Also, um, it seems on hard mode Vika does not get any transform gauge by getting attacked... I just checked. The gauge didn't show up when she got attacked, nor did it increase (still 18 afterwards).

The odd thing is, Muarim DOES get transform gauge by getting attacked, just not Vika. What the... O.o

I managed to rescue all except one prisoner, the northeast one, because there simply isn't enough people with enough weight points to rescue them. Apparently all the prisoners suffer from obesity as they weigh more than an armed Sothe. You're only allowed to choose 4 units, and the only people in the DB with enough weight points to rescue anyone are Nolan and Aran. Muarim, Volug and the queen can each rescue one, so you're still left with 1 prisoner unattended (assuming Vika does not have weed to chew on and therefore can't rescue one, since on hard mode the dragonrider starts attacking on turn ONE -_-). Tormod is useless in killing the dragonrider because he gets stuck in the swamp like everyone else, and the 1st dragonrider doesn't even bother going anywhere near him, he goes straight for the northeast prisoner. So unless I hack and get a Bolting I don't see how he'll help, at least in turn 1.

Edited by Airen

A) No reason to rescue them if you simply kill the enemies before they reach the prisoners.

B) Tormod most definately can take on the Drago assuming he has celerity and that one of the laguz shove her.

C) Laguz get gauge if they deal no damage, so either have them take 2 range shots or be pansy like Vika and deal NO DAMAGE to certain enemy types

I guess for 1-6-2 you'll need to healer abuse Jill on 1-6-1 right? So that she gains 1 extra movement from promotion. Pre-promotion she can't reach the enemies in time to attract them away from the green units.

On hard mode healer/boss abuse is so pointless since the exp gain is like at most 20-30% of normal mode. 1-2 exp per hit and like 5-10 exp per kill, and starting from chapter 2 1 exp per hit and 1-5 exp per kill, wtf.

Edited by Airen

A) Funny thing. I always though JILL NEEDS 0 POINTS OF EXP TO REACH SECOND TIER. The Master Seal exists, use it.

B) Its easier to have promoted Jill dump Tauroneo there to kill boss on turn 2 enemy phase.

C) If you don't want to promote Jill you can always Shove Sothe's ass inside the bosses movement range so the moron suicides on turn 2 enemy phase. It has been done a million times before and will be done another million times after this.

Hopefully this won't turn into the Fanfaire thread again.

Jill actually seems a good candidate for the Master Seal, she can take it + Paragon and get well on her way to Tier 3, and she doesn't get as much benefit from extra levels like Edward/Nolan/Aran do. Micaiah is pretty much the only competition for Paragon and she can get all the use she needs in 1-8 and 1-9. The only problem is you really don't need another exp hog in part 1.

Hopefully this won't turn into the Fanfaire thread again.

Jill actually seems a good candidate for the Master Seal, she can take it + Paragon and get well on her way to Tier 3, and she doesn't get as much benefit from extra levels like Edward/Nolan/Aran do. Micaiah is pretty much the only competition for Paragon and she can get all the use she needs in 1-8 and 1-9. The only problem is you really don't need another exp hog in part 1.

Jill is probobly the DB with the best potential and all.

But yeah, little competition, only Nolan even stands a bare chance, but Jills move is the deal breaker.

Also, Zihark/Volug are good DB fillers that can hold their own if not being activly raised.

Well, the only major difference between Nolan and Jill is that Jill's a flying unit. They are both awesome at third tier and have so much room to grow. In Hard mode I just focus on training up those two + Micaiah. Edward is too fragile to be a contender for DB's limited Exp, plus you can just use Mia instead (or maybe even Zihark but it depends on his Str growth). Aran can turn out awesome despite early Speed problems but will only ever be as good as Nephenee, who is so much easier to raise that she pretty much leaves Aran surplus to requirements.

Jill will still do quite well and can still probably turn out better than Haar if you use a Master Seal before she hits level 20 but I don't feel it's worth it.

Nephenee easier to use then Aran? Wait wut?

Uh, yes. In Hard mode, by a long shot. Nephenee just has excellent availability and can more loss double everything off the bat, meaning she's a very useful unit throughout the whole gam. Aran has good Defence, something Micaiah's team sorely lacks, but due to DB's Exp and BExp shortages you can only realistically raise three units,one of which pretty much has to be Micaiah, and the other two should be Nolan and Jill, meaning you have to sacrifice one of them for a unit who seriously struggles on the Speed front.

Aran can be awesome if trained, but Nephenee will end up just as good with the bonus of being much easier to raise to an adequate level by Part 4.

I have. :/

She needs speed blessing. Enough speed to not get doubled at a bare minimum, enough speed to double sometimes is a bonus. Durability is unsalvagable, though. If you're not playing efficiently (anyone who plays FE10 Hard efficiently fucking hates themselves) she's pretty useful.

somebody actually tries to train failcaiah on hard mode?

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Aran still sucks thou. I rather give his exp to Volug's Strike Rank

Coming from someone who wastes DB's precious Exp trying to increase Volug's Strike rank, I'll take that as a compliment :)

Micaiah always turns out fine for me in Hard mode. She works very well as a General/Mounted Knight assassin, and is a great healer when she promotes. Whether you use her as an attacker and a healer or a dedicated healer depends on her growths, but oddly I've never had trouble with her Speed in Hard mode. Plus, she can wield Rexaura and is the only real candidate to do so.

Coming from someone who wastes DB's precious Exp trying to increase Volug's Strike rank, I'll take that as a compliment :)

Micaiah always turns out fine for me in Hard mode. She works very well as a General/Mounted Knight assassin, and is a great healer when she promotes. Whether you use her as an attacker and a healer or a dedicated healer depends on her growths, but oddly I've never had trouble with her Speed in Hard mode. Plus, she can wield Rexaura and is the only real candidate to do so.

A) Volug is one of the best BD units so building his rank is completely justified.

B) His stat superiority usually causes him to take exp mostly others not named Sothe are unable to obtain in a timely fashion.

C) I am not spending any more time in the hell that is part 1 than I must to let people have exp obtained in untimely fashion.

D) Miccy is not good Mount/Armour assassin, her tome is. And that won't need any exp to be effective in part 1. Part 3 is so low on targets her nuking is pointless even if you do level her sorry ass up.

E) Use her as healer because she can do that with 0 exp points. Considering how big of a number you make of part 1 exp, it clearly cannot be anything but good.

F) No amount of training makes her stand up to Laguz.

G) Unless you burn million and 1 points of exp on her, she is doubled and OHKO/ORKO'd by pretty much anything outside mages.

H) Just because she can use that tome doesn't mean she is good with it. The fact that last 3 bosses have 40 or more Res does not help her case. All she can do with it is finish off a red dragon and that map is over in 2 turns tops unless you feel like begging to be group raped by dragons.

Edited by Kore wa Sho desu ka?