[FE4] Everybody hates Gen 1

Kiriane

Important parts, and changes from last Gen 2 draft, are bolded. Credit to Camtech for coming up with this idea.

[spoiler=Rules]Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Celice, Oifaye and Julia are free for all to use. Leaf and Fin are not.

3. There are no guarantees that you will get a pair of siblings when it comes to children; different people can have Skasaha and Lakche.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may only: Recruit characters, initiate Talk conversations and special events that do not require the participants to be lovers.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, giving Charisma bonuses, using the Give command, or participating in Lover/Sibling criticals.

3. Other and Neutral units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Arena use is allowed and encouraged.

5. You may not use an undrafted unit just to pawn stuff down from the 1st gen. IE, no pairing Aideen just to jack Lana's staves. Clarification: If you pair Aideen with Claude for the rescue staff/whatever, you are not allowed to make Lana sell said staves to the pawn shop (undrafted; drafted you can do whatever you like). Even if I have Lester, Lana's items are still off-limits. This does not apply to things like the Live Staff that she comes with if she has no inheritance.

6. No unit is permitted to have more than 9 Movement at any point in time. Looking at you, Celice. This is my take on the no leg ring rule, let's see how it plays out.

Rules specific to gen 2 drafting:

1. Anything goes in gen 1. The 1st generation turncount means absolutely nothing. The only goal for Gen 1 of this draft is to put yourself in the most advantageous position you can get for Gen 2.

2. You may use whatever father you like for whatever child you like.

3. Holsety may not be passed down to a character who can use it. That means if you're getting Holsety in Gen 1, Levin may not be paired with Tiltyu, Fury or Sylvia. Feel free to pair him with Tiltyu if you skip getting him Holsety, though.

4. It is your responsibility to make sure that you can obtain all the characters you draft. If you want to draft both Lynn and Laylea, or draft Lester but not pair Aideen, I really couldn't care less.

Penalties:

1. Non-holy weapon users (Tristan, etc.) have a 3 turn penalty per unit per castle.

2. Holy weapon users (Aless, Shanan etc.) and Dancers have a 7 turn penalty per unit per castle. Example: Using Radnay (if undrafted) en route to Ganeshire results in a 3 turn penalty. Once Celice takes Ganeshire, you take another 3 turn penalty if you use her again while en route to Isaac/Rivough.

3. Using the Give command is a special 12 turn penalty.

Exceptions:

- Leaf, Fin and Janne/Nanna are free to use in Chapter 7.

- Shanan is free to use in Chapter 7 until Yied is seized. Daisy/Patty is not.

Teams:

3. Xinnidy - Laylea, Fee, Fin, Daisy, Sharlow, Linda, Amid, Dimna, Rodolban

1. Kiriane - Lynn, Sety, Shanan, Tinny, Arthur, Delmud, Faval, Johalva, Tristan

4. Second Pronoun - Leaf, Nanna, Patty, Mana, Lester, Lakche, Johan, Skasaha, Asaello

2. Baldrick - Lana, Aless, Femina, Corple, Janne, Hawk, Radney, Altenna, Hannibal

Drafting order:

Xinnidy, Kiriane, SP, Baldrick

Edited by Kiriane

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have

1. Kiriane

2. Baldrick

3. Xinnidy

4. Second Pronoun

and 3, 1, 4, 2.

Drafting order, therefore:

Xinnidy, Kiriane, SP, Baldrick

I did pretty much copy paste Cam's rules, and come on now, it's not like you disagree with the leg ring on Celice thing, is it? To the best of my knowledge, that's the only actual balance change that's been made since FE4 started drafting.

I also actually checked the unit list against the theoretically-possible setups. It's always going to be relatively unbalanced unless I suggest that Lynn and Laylea can each be drafted twice, and then there's Claude Aideen, and so forth. I do not see why Leaf should be free, either, or Fin. Care to explain?

Edited by Kiriane

Lastpick hrrgh.

You have earned all of my hate, RNG.

Edit: Kiriane, call me Baldrick. Especially when the draft is reported, I want to keep all my entered drafts with a consistent naming scheme.

Edited by Kamekameha

But I'm in the worst position to get the holy trinity of gen 2. But then I'm in the best position to pick up the best utility units. But then I'm in the worst position to get the second utility unit etc. etc.

It's a vicious cycle, and as a pure maths student, I can't stop trying to work out the best position to be in overall because it's so fascinating. :Knoll:

Incidentally, is the last round reversed or not? Not that it matters, bottom four will be probably be NR anyways.

Horace, what of dancer Leaf?

Edited by Kamekameha

you have a fair point there, but if he's draftable nobody has any chance of coming close to his chapter 10 and final contributions

and i think early warp on lana saves just as many turns as a dancer without leaf to be quite honest, especially if you have a dancer

its kinda lopsided either way you look at it

maybe ban leaf to make things more interesting or something

I did pretty much copy paste Cam's rules, and come on now, it's not like you disagree with the leg ring on Celice thing, is it? To the best of my knowledge, that's the only actual balance change that's been made since FE4 started drafting.

You have a point but I think he just wants some credit to be given to his draft for starting the trend, which is understandable.

Either that or I'm completely missing the point he's making.

And shoot I'm first but I don't really want to touch Leaf if you're discussing him so uhh uhhh UHHH Laylea! /this is a good ideurr

I doubt I'd use Leaf effectively anyways.

Just wondering, you just mention "no more than 9 movement" in your rules but doesn't that mean we can still give Celice the Leg Ring while he's unpromoted and sell it just before he promotes? I'm cool if you're okay with that, but for a take on the "no main lord with leg ring" rule it still allows for perma 9-move goodness. Also, the Give command penalty is only for undrafted units, right? It doesn't seem clear to me so I'm being a nutcase. @_@

Edited by Xinnidy

I was wondering about the first thing, too. For the second, Give is allowed with drafted units.

Xinnidy, will you be around for the next 9 hours or so? I'm going to sleep soon, and I want to leave my picks with someone so I don't hold up the draft too much.

Okay. First off, yes, Celice can hold the leg ring in C6. I expected the first four picks to be the dancers, Leaf and Rana. Which is reasonably balanced. I pick Lynn, to nobody's surprise.

Edit: since I'm here, do you guys want the last round of drafting to be reversed?

Edited by Kiriane

The Rules don't apply for gen 1, you can do whatever and take as long as you want there as its only purpose is to prepare your units for gen 2. Because it's a gen 2 draft yadda yadda.

Anyways Baldrick chooses Lana and Aless.

ffff SP you showed up shortly after I had to go away why

Edit: Either is fine by me, not that last round is that amazing but hey.

Edited by Xinnidy

Nevermind, it's not going to change anything. Lana and Aless are fine.

About the last round: just leave it as normal, I don't care if I technically lose my last pick.

Edited by Kamekameha

Man, you guys must really love me. I'm taking Sety.

About this whole 9 move thing: it would have locked Celice out of the Leg ring for at least part of C6 depending who you actually got to pass it down to. They could've sold it in the C6 shop for him to buy at the next castle down. This would have been annoying and unfair, since you can only really get it that way if you had Lachesis/Aideen/Ayra. A straight ban is therefore better. But for a gen 2 draft, everyone has it on Celice in C6 anyway, so it's fine. Does 12 move rescue Leaf break anything, though?

EDIT: Oh, I should explain my rationale, right? If Celice is going to have 9 move anyway, that means there's no movement-based incentive to get him to the Magical Level 18 in C6. Plus, foot units become actually (semi-)viable. Not sure if this will actually change anything that anyone does, because FE4 drafting has basically come down to assorted abuses of dancer, rescue+warp, and Celice with his insane stats and other rings. But let's see what happens.

Edited by Kiriane