Fe10 Balancing attempt! [Subject #3 - Bastian]

Vicious Sal

Take the higher bases between Astrid and the generic bow paladin, and stick it on her. Also, maybe make 2-E a Rout map, and have the CRK show up on turn 3 or 4, to give them some time to do things.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you assume a rather moderate pace in Part 2, then Astrid is not going to be seeing much usage. She has only chapter 3 to get any sort of experience on and a little bit on the endgame provided you never ended it super early to begin with. By this time, she is no longer in paragon lock and will see her skill possibly being shifted around to someone else like Marcia or something. So, along with continued bow locking through part 3, she still will have a hard time getting experience. Its probably better to capitalize upon her paragon lock in part 2 by improving the base level to 10-15 with appropriate growth/stat modification. This way by the time part 3 comes by, you could use a Master Crown early on her to get to access to Lances more quickly effectively making her usable.

Another idea might could is she could get access to a Brave Bow (can use at base). This would fix many of her Part 2 uses without affecting stats. Her accuracy is too low on anything like a longbow seeing below 60-70% normally which is pretty bad when you consider this is a bow user who tends to only get EXP on player phase. The Brave Bow has the accuracy 5% over a steel bow putting her to above 80%-85% normally on attacks. The extra attack also allows for more damage. With some amount of stat boosts or levels she could turn this into a x4 attack KO on enemies. There is no issue with the item being used either as few units in this game can really use a brave bow effectively without investment.

Edited by Vorena

Don't make her start with Brave bow otherwise it will be traded off her and given to Shinnon. Maybe give her brave bow in 3-9. I think enemies need to give CRK more experience since they have very few maps to gain any good amount of levels. I also think all CRKs need better bases than the GMS because they have smaller playtime.

I've never really had much trouble training Astrid, her innate Paragaon actually makes her quite easy to train since you can give her other useful skills and still get the double experience. I usually give her Blossom in Part 3/4 too since that means she get's standard experience but much better growths. Last time I played it I had her fully maxed out by 4-2. Basically what I'm saying is that all I think she needs are some better bases so she can get the experience in her first few chapters. Though making her along with the rest of the knights playable in 3-10 doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Per usual, any character in this game becomes decent given enough time. And as usual, the difference between characters is often decided by the amount of resources/time needed to get there. Ike starts good and continue to be good by simply pointing him to kill stuff. Astrid requires you to weaken enemies to set up for a KO and you have to do this for awhile until she eventually starts getting stats like the rest of your other units who started out decent already.

I agree with bumping her bases up to at least exceed the generic yellow units, add like +2 to her stats, and then bump up her base level. She was clearly intended to be the worst CRK but with paragon, and she is the only one who can really pull off Parablossom, so balancing has to be done with that in mind, but I wish her speed growth was more reliable. And I agree that 2-E should be a rout and the CRKs should show up earlier, and that the CRKs should be blue units in 3-10.

• 3 months later...

After a long, grueling 44 Hour workweek + Studies I finally have some time again, and even more time so that my list of things I can do includes this again!

Today will be bastian, I'll see what I want for myself later.

Edited by Vicious Sal

I read the OP and you mentioned doing FE10 RR (assuming by that you meant reverse recruitment). I was thinking about doing that and I thought it was something no one has done (I guess I was wrong XD), but it's cool to find someone else who hacks the Tellius games and furthermore, someone who is actually doing the stuff that I thought about trying to figure out how to do. I haven't read through the 10 pages but what is the progress on the FE10 RR hack? Is there a patch or something in existence?

Edited by Walhart

You choose the most difficult ones to balance!

I think Bastian is a hopeless case. His availability is just too bad. You'd have to make a miracle, raise his caps, make magic stronger, enemies having less res, more availability and something that sets him apart from Laguz broken royals of endgame.

You choose the most difficult ones to balance!

I think Bastian is a hopeless case. His availability is just too bad. You'd have to make a miracle, raise his caps, make magic stronger, enemies having less res, more availability and something that sets him apart from Laguz broken royals of endgame.

Bastian starts with max stats, done!

(sadly he still wouldn't be that useful in endgame, lol)

I guess if the archsage caps were universally raised, and that Bastian was more feasibly able to reach his caps and have a bit more speed, he'd be more useful. His bases are fine but not great and his growths just aren't that likely to fill him out. If only there were some super magic user class you could put him in to make him on par with a laguz royal but it seems like this game is determined to make 90% of the people from the Crimean Royal Knights and their associates suck.

As it stands, magic users in this game have a hard time doing anything because their caps are generally pretty poor and most magic users lack availability.

I am absolutely going to alter the caps. One of the things I am feverishly trying to figure out atm is downtoning form shift, instead of Shifting and having neverending laguz form, I am trying to get it to work as wild heart, shift, and have the gauge go down again. (Except still no stat penalties.

If anyone has remarks on how caps should be altered, please do say so!)

EDIT: And Walhart, maybe we can work together on those projects! So far I haven't been able to do much since I work on mac and I couldn't find programs, however, I have an entire Excel document with altered stats and growths. (Lehran has a 0 growth spread, if he's the first character, you kinda need growths.)

EDIT: And I am getting a functional Imac with Windows installed as well next week, so I can start working on it after that. ;o

Edited by Vicious Sal

How about a prf siege brave Thunder tome?

Also, for magic users in general, increasing the availability of the cooler staves (or implementing new ones if possible) could solidify their niche over physical units.

Edited by Huck Finn

EDIT: And Walhart, maybe we can work together on those projects! So far I haven't been able to do much since I work on mac and I couldn't find programs, however, I have an entire Excel document with altered stats and growths. (Lehran has a 0 growth spread, if he's the first character, you kinda need growths.)

EDIT 2: And I am getting a functional Imac with Windows installed as well next week, so I can start working on it after that. ;o

That sounds like it could work! I guess I'll start a new PM convo. I actually have a mac too, and (with the help of a windows 8 trial version virtual machine) I've succeeded in getting to the hex editing part. I'm currently at the phase where I am trying to figure out what most of the hex means. Do you by any chance have a list of the game's boss growths (that's something I've been looking for for my own project)?

Edited by Walhart