I draw FE

j00

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raynie looks like she gives no fucks as she impales some poor enemy.

EDIT: That picture made me realize just what a pain her outfit must be to draw.

Edited by eclipse

@BBM: you should totally play Hotel Dusk

@eclipse: actually, Stocke's outfit is way dumber because of the weird cape and belts and in general being more FF-esque, but I'm such a nerd that I've got the official guide/artbook which provides nice references and makes things easier

speaking of

6opkbo.png

That's Stocke in 15 years

Stocke is like what would happen if FE and FF got to make some guy's costume. Thanks for the art~!

(still taking requests?)

@Blackavar: thanks, I try to keep poses and composition varied because things are more interesting that way, which is also the reason why I like experimenting with styles.

@eclipse: sure, same as always, throw out requests and I'll treat them as suggestions of things to draw and it may or may not happen at some point in time if I feel like it! school's starting again soon though, so drawing frequency's gonna slow down but feel free to request stuff

• 2 months later...

@eclipse: might do some TWEWY again at some point, we'll see when i feel like it

in the meantime i drew more fire emblem

[spoiler=maribelle x gaius]6xvxmr.png

[spoiler=panne x lon'qu]

2viidj6.png

the plan is to draw all the pairings i did this playthrough

now watch me finish this set sometime in 2015

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was halfway joking when I said I'd finish the Awakening characters in 2015, but at this rate I'm satisfied if I'm finished with them before 2016.

[spoiler=Tharja x Kellam] tumblr_nl9g6b_OKss1qg57juo1_1280.png

[spoiler=Nowi x Ricken]tumblr_nl9pvb_WSv_Q1qg57juo1_1280.png

Also other stuff

[spoiler=Robins]tumblr_nn27kd_Fd_LS1qg57juo8_1280.jpg

[spoiler=Kamuis]30b1mxh.png

Oh shoot is that a watercolor brush pen I see in the avatar sketchbook drawings? :3c Did you get ink inside of it on purpose? I just bought one this week and am nervous about using it with ink, it usually ends up staining whatever brush I use.

By the way these are all lovely, I'm super jealous of your experimentation. Lots of cool different looking stuff. I especially like the style you're using with the pairings, the cell shading and simple colors suits your lineart well I think

It's diluted ink, actually. I bought that ink so long ago it's started to solidy, so to find ways to use it I mixed it with water and put it in a brush.

It works fairly well! At least the ink I use (Windsor & Newton) doesn't stain the brush when diluted, my main problem is that I don't always have control over the flow so it's uneven at times. I've some more drawings here, and sometimes it bleeds far more than intended. You should probably try out the ink first and see if it stains, but a weak ink wash inside the brush should normally not do any harm.

And thanks! I currently feel more confident in streamlined linearts with limited palettes, so I'm trying to paint more.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently not doing requests, but if I start again I will probably not draw characters from Awakening and Fates, sorry. I plan to draw the Magvel twins at some point, though.

Actual Fire Emblem mafia

[spoiler=Nohr]

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo2_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo4_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo1_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo3_1280.png

[spoiler=Hoshido]

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo7_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo6_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo8_1280.png

tumblr_o16bo2_RWl_N1qg57juo5_1280.png

She can probably blame me for this XD;

Edited by Sunwoo

well in that case maybe in the future you'll consider drawing Ephraim, (maybe even Ephraim x L'Arachel) Ephraim is my favorite character out of all Fire Emblem and finding good art of him is pretty hard. and his relationship L'Arachel is amazing. If not thank you for your time and keep up the great work!