Whats wrong with my Laptop?

Gold Vanguard

Looks like you've got a nasty piece of malware . First things first DO NOT  give permission to any program that isn't an  anti virus you paid for or installed  claming to be an anti virus .  Second shut down your computer and boot it into safe mode with networking and  download a malware scanner  and remover like malwarebytes or tsddkiller .   Let  the program install and update it's database then  allow the program to scan and fix any issues . Once the program has removed the malware , download cc cleaner and use  it to  clear all your  computer's temporary Internet files and fix any proplems in your computer's  registry . Now if you restart your computer it should be clean and no longer infected . In the future practice safer  Internet habits by browsing the web with a no script plugin on your favorite browser of choice to  decrease  the chance of infection ,  and using the (WOT) plug in on firefox to stay away from sites with poor reputations .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Looks like you've got a nasty piece of malware . First things first DO NOT give permission to any program that isn't an anti virus you paid for or installed claming to be an anti virus . Second shut down your computer and boot it into safe mode with networking and download a malware scanner and remover like malwarebytes or tsddkiller . Let the program install and update it's database then allow the program to scan and fix any issues . Once the program has removed the malware , download cc cleaner and use it to clear all your computer's temporary Internet files and fix any proplems in your computer's registry . Now if you restart your computer it should be clean and no longer infected . In the future practice safer Internet habits by browsing the web with a no script plugin on your favorite browser of choice to decrease the chance of infection , and using the webutation or web of trust plug ins on firefox to stay away from sites with poor reputations .

This advice ranges for mediocre to outright bad. Clearing temporary Internet files might help (big MIGHT). Using TDSSKiller - not unless you know what the hell you're doing, or are talking to someone who knows how to use it right.

If you'd like, I can refer you to other forums that know what they're doing in regards to this. Alternately, there's the nuke/pave method. Your choice.

This advice ranges for mediocre to outright bad. Clearing temporary Internet files might help (big MIGHT). Using TDSSKiller - not unless you know what the hell you're doing, or are talking to someone who knows how to use it right.

If you'd like, I can refer you to other forums that know what they're doing in regards to this. Alternately, there's the nuke/pave method. Your choice.

The forum idea is probably going to be the most useful. Heck, I'd like it too, please, in case I ever make a stupid mistake again...

I cleaned out my registry using CCleaner, and also used TDSS Killer with no problems (first time I've tried it) when I had malware issue last year. You don't need to be an expert, just need to know how to use Google. ;)

Although, I also wouldn't recommend TDSS Killer, as there's better ones out there.

The 3 best FREE antivirus programs I know are Avast!, Avira and ...never mind I forgot the last one. Suggest doing a full system scan first. Then learn some good internet habits.

Avast! does not erase malware, though. It's a good idea to install Avast! after this issue has been solved.

OP, I've heard mixed things about Microsoft Security Essentials, so you could try that (assuming you have a PC). There's also the Malware Removal Tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/malware-removal.aspx

Download and install it in safe mode and hope it works!

Malwarebytes is the best malware remover out there. It's even better because its free. Just download it and run it. If after a restart, your computer is acting up, I'd start looking for help on a forum. However, it really sounds like once you remove the virus you will be fine.

The forum idea is probably going to be the most useful. Heck, I'd like it too, please, in case I ever make a stupid mistake again...

I cleaned out my registry using CCleaner, and also used TDSS Killer with no problems (first time I've tried it) when I had malware issue last year. You don't need to be an expert, just need to know how to use Google. ;)

Although, I also wouldn't recommend TDSS Killer, as there's better ones out there.

Avast! does not erase malware, though. It's a good idea to install Avast! after this issue has been solved.

OP, I've heard mixed things about Microsoft Security Essentials, so you could try that (assuming you have a PC). There's also the Malware Removal Tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/malware-removal.aspx

Download and install it in safe mode and hope it works!

No. JUST NO. You do not use cleaning tools willy-nilly (especially stuff that targets the boot sector), unless you plan on turning your computer into a paperweight. Stuff that does only scans works, as most of the forums I know of will ask you to run them before posting (but FFS if you're using OTL don't try to repair things).

No. JUST NO. You do not use cleaning tools willy-nilly (especially stuff that targets the boot sector), unless you plan on turning your computer into a paperweight. Stuff that does only scans works, as most of the forums I know of will ask you to run them before posting (but FFS if you're using OTL don't try to repair things).

Yes, I do!

Pours bleach on his laptop.

In my experience, I didn't use it "willy-nilly," but instead with quite a bit of caution. I used Google to find topics about TTDS and got advice about it. I used it just fine, and it did it's job perfectly.

Malwarebytes is better anyway, though.

In my experience, I didn't use it "willy-nilly," but instead with quite a bit of caution. I used Google to find topics about TTDS and got advice about it. I used it just fine, and it did it's job perfectly.

Malwarebytes is better anyway, though.

Using Google to find an appropriate help topic to use a tool that messes with the boot sector falls under "willy-nilly".

TDSSKiller has its purpose, just as Malwarebyte does. The difference is that the latter is less likely to brick your computer.