Is it possible to steal the Full Guard from that guy in cpt20?

Ncknck

I believe the Steal skill is an RD exclusive, so unless the Full Guard is blinking in green on the boss's status screen (meaning he will drop it when you defeat him), you can't get it.

Edited by Anacybele

No, it's in PoR too.

Are you sure? I don't remember it being in any of the thieves' skill lists. Then again, I hardly use thieves for anything but opening chests, so I don't know much about them.

Are you sure? I don't remember it being in any of the thieves' skill lists. Then again, I hardly use thieves for anything but opening chests, so I don't know much about them.

Stealing is present in FEs 5-10, albiet it's more limited in the GBA games than it is in FE's 5, 9, and 10. The mechanics have been tweaked, but it always involves Speed. Since we're talking about FE9, Strength and item weight are factors. The item can't be equipped (read: active) either. Edited by Little Al

Didnt work out, i heard drinking elixirs would cause him to unequip, didnt happen and he took it with him to the afterlife apparently. For some reason i also was unable for Jill to have that special scene, not trying to spoil anything, but i tried pretty much everything and she remained steady. Sleep stave not yet available.

Ofc thieves can steal in PoR :D, it totally rules, Volke got 2 chars worth of stuff from this chapter, longbows physics stave and some general junk. So far he hasnt come emptyhanded from any chapter. He truly loves stealing things.

There was a stealable Blizzard on that chapter btw, but i didnt bother as Volke's stealing queue was more than full.

Rexaura can be stolen in that manner. You have to Silence the Bishop, make him use his Elixir, then swipe it.

hmm very interesting. Silence first?, gonna try it.

Edited by ncknck

Stealing is present in FEs 5-10, albiet it's more limited in the GBA games than it is in FE's 5, 9, and 10. The mechanics have been tweaked, but it always involves Speed. Since we're talking about FE9, Strength and item weight are factors. The item can't be equipped (read: active) either.

Oh. Well, as I said, I don't know much about thieves, since I rarely use them. xP

Not of necessity. Maybe there is some way to get him to unequip it that simply isn't known, be it some unique strategy or altering the game code (though if you're doing that, why not just give yourself a bunch of FG's?). That's why I say it 'technically' can be stolen. For all I know it could very well be possible to get him to unequip it, just not discovered yet.

Yeah it is definitely not impossible to steal it. For fun, I forced him into my party, unequipped the fullguard, then released control and and let Volke loose. But yeah, thats cheating. Then again, characters unequipping items if silenced it a not a clean strategy too, why would a muted person strip off his clothing and items.

Yeah it is definitely not impossible to steal it. For fun, I forced him into my party, unequipped the fullguard, then released control and and let Volke loose. But yeah, thats cheating. Then again, characters unequipping items if silenced it a not a clean strategy too, why would a muted person strip off his clothing and items.

That's how you (theoretically) get Rexaura, I've never done it though. As to the logic behind it... it's got me stumped.

Edited by Lieutenant Colonel Kalas