Had a few questions about FE6.

BatmanWannabe

Hello! I've played pretty much every fire emblem game now except FE6. But now I figure it's time to try it out.

I just had a few questions about the game and I was hoping some of you fine gentlemen (and women) could provide some answers. Hopefully my questions won't be redundant, but if they are I apologize in advance.

Firstly, I was wondering how hard the hard mode of this game is. Is it say, as hard as HHM? Or more close to FE8 Hard mode which wasn't hard at all?

Secondly, I've heard that Sacae route is harder than Ilia, and that's probably the route I'll be going. I was just wondering if there were any story differences (no spoilers please) between Sacae and Ilia routes, like the story differences between Ephraim/Eirika's routes. If there are, are the story differences anything major? I don't want to have to play the game twice to get the full story, for instance.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why Hugh is placed so low on the bottom. Is it because of his low mag growth rate, or the cost it takes to get him in your army?

I guess that's about it. The only other thing I would like to know is why this game is disliked so much amongst FE fans? At least, that's the impression I got from reading threads and general responses about the game.

Again, sorry if any of these questions were redundant, and I appreciate the help.

Hello! I've played pretty much every fire emblem game now except FE6. But now I figure it's time to try it out.

I just had a few questions about the game and I was hoping some of you fine gentlemen (and women) could provide some answers. Hopefully my questions won't be redundant, but if they are I apologize in advance.

Firstly, I was wondering how hard the hard mode of this game is. Is it say, as hard as HHM? Or more close to FE8 Hard mode which wasn't hard at all?

Secondly, I've heard that Sacae route is harder than Ilia, and that's probably the route I'll be going. I was just wondering if there were any story differences (no spoilers please) between Sacae and Ilia routes, like the story differences between Ephraim/Eirika's routes. If there are, are the story differences anything major? I don't want to have to play the game twice to get the full story, for instance.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why Hugh is placed so low on the bottom. Is it because of his low mag growth rate, or the cost it takes to get him in your army?

I guess that's about it. The only other thing I would like to know is why this game is disliked so much amongst FE fans? At least, that's the impression I got from reading threads and general responses about the game.

Again, sorry if any of these questions were redundant, and I appreciate the help.

Hello! As one of the few people who seems to actually like this game I'll answer your questions from my experiences with it.

FE6 Hard Mode is quite brutal, much more difficult then FE8's but compared to HHM? I'd say they are near each other due to certain things [which I'll get to in a moment] Use those hard mode bonuses if you know whats good for you.

Sacae and Ilia have minor story differences and a character unique to each route but nothing game/plot changing you won't be missing much if you don't go a route

Hugh is actually pretty good its just he costs quite a bit of money [if you refuse he gets weaker when you try to hire him again] I'd assume people who put him low put him there for his kind of late recruitment. But then again I haven't used Hugh in awhile so I'm a bit foggy on this point.

3 things are hated in this game by alot of people, the Hit Rates, the enemy Throne bonuses [which goes hand in hand with said Hit Rates and Hard Mode] and Roy's late promotion. Apart from that it just gets a bad rep [some other things I'd put on here maybe is, the enemy status staves but thats in alot of the other games too]

Edited by Captain Jedi

Don't forget sadistic requirements for later Gaiden chapters (which you have to visit for good end)

I never found the Gaiden requirements that rough even the later ones [only one I can remember being difficult at all was possibly Chapter 16's but even then the requirement is easy enough to manage with the right mindset and tactics]. At least its not like FE11 where you have to kill off your army.

Edited by Captain Jedi

Jedi pretty much nailed it, but I'd say FE6 HM is more difficult than HHM. Enemies in FE6 HM actually have good stats, enemy reinforcements appear after the player phase, the hit rates, etc.

Yea I guess I would consider it harder now that I think about it again

FE6 HM enemy units also have something HHM units lacked with a vengeance its called Luck xD

Edited by Captain Jedi

Don't forget sadistic requirements for later Gaiden chapters (which you have to visit for good end)

The Gaiden chapters are a joke to get to, even on HM. It's all on turncount; the turn requirements are very generous.

For Sacae and Ilia, Sacae is generally considered to be tougher, because of all the Myrmidons and Nomads. Bring lots of Javelins!

javelins aren't even that good in sacae. better option is a good sue/shin backed up by lance users who don't take much damage from myrmidons and nomads.

not terribly hard, just frustrating. probably closest to FE10 HM.

no notable story differences, just different characters

his bases are kind of bad on HM

people don't like the low weapon hit and the seize objectives. i don't mind the latter but the former is a pain in the butt.

Edited by dondon151

The first few chapters of FE6 Hard Mode are the hardest, and that's really only because you don't have much choice but to rely on Marcus quite heavily, and FE6 hit rates are just awful due to lower weapon accuracy. After your units gain a few levels it gets pretty easy, though.