Fire Emblem - Redemption /// Update 07/02/16

Masterplan201

Redemption_Banner.png

Fire Emblem - Redemption

Hello I'm Masterplan201 and welcome to my hack Fire Emblem - Redemption.

I'm not native American so please excuse my grammatic errors.

Story:

Still Working on the story:

Basically at the very begining there is a war going on and there are orphans that get saved by a group of bandits from some other bandits. The bandits pick up the children and live with them together for 2 years. Later the bandits have to move on and hand over the children to some knights of the holy kingdom Goa.

After that, 15 years later the story starts with the children alll grown up.

Two of the children stayed at Goa and became part of it but the third one flew and lived as a mercenary and become a giant general.

Screenshots:

Prologue:

Prologue.png

Chapter 1:

Ch_1.png

Credits:

[spoiler=x]

All the people who made the hacking tools and various tutorials, without them this

hack woldn't even be possible.

Animations:

Sqawl

Yangfly Master

Maps:

Primefusion, Aurawulf

To all FE hackers, you've motivated me through your awesome hacks to start my own hack

Sorry if I forgot someone, but if I did I will update the credits.

I know right now the screenshots don't show to much but I will try to post more screens and often.

Edited by Masterplan201

If you'd like some help with grammar and/or spelling in the hack, I'm willing to point those kinds of things out - it's fairly important seeing as how for most people flowing storytelling is important. As for playtesting, I could do some of that too.

At any rate, I'm waiting for how this is going to turn out. :)

wow this looks like it will become something, impressive i like your idea for a story it seems interesting also people are in rage raging at their kings sounds redundant i would advise something along the lines of

the people are in rebellion, they are enraged by their kings

but its a suggestion and i dont know if there is a rebellion but i think using the same word twice in a row doesnt work there it sounds of to me but its fairly unimportant

I guess it's really important to note that in FE you shouldn't have any sentence that exceeds 4 lines because otherwise people easily lose track of what the sentence was to begin with like me. Otherwise, it's looking pretty cool, so keep up the good work.

A hack from out of the blue that doesn't look like shit...? This is refreshing :)

My EXACT reaction.

I'm happy to see a new project from a new face with actual progress. I look forward to the future of this project.

If you'd like some help with grammar and/or spelling in the hack, I'm willing to point those kinds of things out - it's fairly important seeing as how for most people flowing storytelling is important. As for playtesting, I could do some of that too.

At any rate, I'm waiting for how this is going to turn out. :)

Much the same as above. I'm willing to help out with writing, plot, storyboarding, et cetera. Especially if you're not a native English speaker, a writer (doesn't have to be me) would probably help cover any flaws in storytelling.

Thanks, right now I don't need any help but if I will need some I will sure contact you

if anything your going for a different outlook on a hack's story, i like that alot.

the sprites are workable without too many issues as well. i look foreward to this getting improved.

A hack from out of the blue that doesn't look like shit...? This is refreshing :)

Thanks, I'm not the best hacker/spriter but I will try the best I can

wow this looks like it will become something, impressive i like your idea for a story it seems interesting also people are in rage raging at their kings sounds redundant i would advise something along the lines of

the people are in rebellion, they are enraged by their kings

but its a suggestion and i dont know if there is a rebellion but i think using the same word twice in a row doesnt work there it sounds of to me but its fairly unimportant

I guess it's really important to note that in FE you shouldn't have any sentence that exceeds 4 lines because otherwise people easily lose track of what the sentence was to begin with like me. Otherwise, it's looking pretty cool, so keep up the good work.

Thanks, will fix that

My EXACT reaction.

I'm happy to see a new project from a new face with actual progress. I look forward to the future of this project.

Thanks, I'm not exactly new, I already started a hack maybe 2 years ago but it wasn't really good and I lost interest

Fuzz!

I like the idea of the bandits and (from what I can tell) being the "bad guy". Hope you keep going with this.

Thanks, I really don't want to spoiler people because I think the story is one of the most important parts of the game, so I can't tell it

The first Lord:

1235fireemblemredemptio.png

I still have to fix the stats

Edited by Masterplan201

Well, if the story is the most important part, I really think there's a lot of work that has to be done either by you or a decent. Both in plot, storyline, and basic grammar and stylism - from the few screens that I can see, there are a lot of problems that, if addressed, can make your hack really, really good, especially since you actually have a lot of good technical work done.

Edited by The Iron Rose

Actually, most of us aren't native Americans. :P:

When I do plots, I do things in the following order:

Plot outline -> major plot points -> events leading to plot points -> script

You'll probably need to figure out the first half on your own. I think a competent writer (or writers) can help you with the rest.

Well, if the story is the most important part, I really think there's a lot of work that has to be done either by you or a decent. Both in plot, storyline, and basic grammar and stylism - from the few screens that I can see, there are a lot of problems that, if addressed, can make your hack really, really good, especially since you actually have a lot of good technical work done.

Thanks, if I'll make some more progress I'll try to find someone who could fix the grammar errors

also as for balance and playtesting i can help with that as well

Thanks, I will keep that in mind

Actually, most of us aren't native Americans. :P:

When I do plots, I do things in the following order:

Plot outline -> major plot points -> events leading to plot points -> script

You'll probably need to figure out the first half on your own. I think a competent writer (or writers) can help you with the rest.

I'm doing it like this to, but the problem is that there are too many ideas for the story, if I would try to put all the ideas in the hack, the hack would maybe have over 100 chapters.

Right now I finished the most parts of the story I just have to think about some details so the plot shouldn't be a big problem anymore.

Update:

fireemblemredemptionu.png

Revamped the Prologue, just have to edit some texts and fix the map, then I can finally finish Ch. 1

i understand what your trying to do with the woods up north, make it so the horse units don't rush you early on.

However i feel like there shouldn't be as much forest on the other path to balance it out. I've done several hacks which did stuff like "lets fill a map with Trees or Rain to make this stage take longer"

The map looks pretty.. ..Nasty, considering that the woods hamper movement so much. But you'll probably change that, no?

i understand what your trying to do with the woods up north, make it so the horse units don't rush you early on.

However i feel like there shouldn't be as much forest on the other path to balance it out. I've done several hacks which did stuff like "lets fill a map with Trees or Rain to make this stage take longer"

Will fix it

Axes+forest shouldn't make for a frustrating chapter at all. This hack has piqued my curiousity.

the map looks like it would be fun to play if, your like me and just bait enemies 1 by 1 and choke points go doga!!!!

Thanks, I have already planned a lot more of these "frustrating" things gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I'm still working on Ch.1 just haven't got so much free time and on the 3rd October I'm for about 3 weeks in Miami so progress will be really slow for now.

Edited by Masterplan201

As other people have said, I'm willing to help with the story, critiquing, etc. For right now, I only have one major complaint. "The Most Wanted Man" is not a good title. It just sounds awkward, and overly precise. Keep it simple. Even "The Wanted" would be better.

As other people have said, I'm willing to help with the story, critiquing, etc. For right now, I only have one major complaint. "The Most Wanted Man" is not a good title. It just sounds awkward, and overly precise. Keep it simple. Even "The Wanted" would be better.

which kinda reminds me of "Most Dangerous" or "MD" for short

• 3 years later...

Well I'm back after a really long break.

Prologue:

Prologue.png

Chapter 1:

Ch_1.png

Right now I'm working on Chapter 2, events aren't really a problem and I'm getting fast along. Spriting and planing everything cost a lot of time but I like it, the problem is inserting battle palletes I will have to take a closer look inside all the tutorials which is really a pain haha.

Edited by Masterplan201