Prax's Artwork! (Devianart stuff + lol)

Prax

I've been part of this forum for a while, but mainly to lurk!

But I thought I might as well start posting some of my Fire Emblem-related fanart today to show you my love of the series~! I hope I do the series justice.. Q____Q It's my favourite videogame series of all time, even if I am not as hardcore as some of you are!

I have more artwork (fanart and original stuff) in my deviantart gallery at meibatsu.deviantart.com if you want to check it out.

FE 1 / 3 / 11

Marth, Sheeda, Navarre, & Minerva in ballpoint pen
Fire_Emblem_Shadow_Dragon_by_Meibatsu.jp

Marth & Sheeda

2013_fire_emblem_club_gift_exhange__by_m

FE 2

Alm
fire_emblem_alm_of_valencia_by_meibatsu-

Celica
fire_emblem_celica_of_valencia_by_meibat

FE 4 / 5

Lachesis (light sword was requested)
fire_emblem_princess_lachesis_by_meibats

Ira
fire_emblem_princess_ira_by_meibatsu-d2x

Lakche
fire_emblem_princess_lakche_by_meibatsu-

Beowulf, Felgus, and Delmund
fire_emblem_beowulf__s_boys_by_meibatsu-

Ronan and Asvel
fire_emblem_ronan_and_asvel_by_meibatsu-

Ira + Lex
fe_club_secret_santa___to_tempurastick_b

FE 6 / 7

Narshen & Fa
secret_santa___surprise_by_meibatsu-d364

Lynn & Prax (tactician / me!)
Prax_Emblem_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Isadora
fire_emblem_isadora_of_pherae_by_meibats

Lyn & Hector

fe_club_secret_santa___to_darkchicken__b

Hector + Farina
tumblr_n793nteL8t1tb3rvdo1_500.png

FE 9 / 10

Ike and Soren in coloured led
story_time_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Zihark and Lethe in coloured led
shove_it_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Michaiah & Sothe in coloured led
bomb_ze_droppen_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Zihark & Easri (Krad-Eelav) in ballpoint pen
Free_Sketch_04__Zihark___Easri_by_Meibat

Rajaion in ballpoint pen
Free_Sketch_07___Rajaion_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Gatrie, Shinon, Soren, Ike, Boyd, Rolf, Oscar, Rhys in mechanical pencil (prohibition era AU)
FireEmblem_Greil__s_Boys_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Titania and Mia
fire_emblem_titania_and_mia_by_meibatsu-

Nolan
fire_emblem_nolan_the_champion_by_meibat

Micaiah, Sothe, and Yune
fire_emblem_micaiah_and_sothe_by_meibats

Titania + Shinon in pigment liner
titania___shinon_by_meibatsu-d4p81hu.jpg

Titania + Shinon
titania___shinon_while_drunk_by_meibatsu

Zihark, Tauroneo, Jill

fe__secret_santa_2012___valentine_2013_f

Yune, Mist, Amy, Shinon, Rolf

tumblr_fe_gift_exchange_2013_by_meibatsu

Zelgius + Micaiah
tumblr_n79czxcKGk1tb3rvdo1_500.png

Sephiran

tumblr_n7c9gyH1NB1tb3rvdo1_500.png

FE 13

Krom and Liz and my first impressions of her design...
fire_emblem_13_by_meibatsu-d49r1gv.jpg

A countdown featuring the first four characters you meet~!

Chrom, Liz, Frederick, My Unit / Avatar / Tactician Prax

fe_awakening_countdown__4_days_remaining

Multiple Fire Emblems / Crossovers

My favourite males from FE 1 - 11 in ballpoint pen.
Volke (FE9), Hugh (FE6), Castor (FE11), Hector (FE7), Marth (FE1), Navarre (FE3), Shinon (FE10), Noish (FE4), Brighton (FE5), Alm (FE2), Cormag (FE8)
Fire_Emblem_Faves___Males_by_Meibatsu.jp

My favourite females from FE 1 - 11 in ballpoint pen.
Micaiah (FE10), Celica (FE2), Mareeta (FE5), Farina (FE7), Calil (FE9), Sheeda (FE3), Ira (FE4), Minerva (FE11), L'Arachel (FE8), Linda (FE1), Lilina (FE6)
Fire_Emblem_Faves___Females_by_Meibatsu.

My own characters if inserted into Fire Emblem! (Mainly into the Tellius series)

Elly the Aeron Knight (would be a grounded pegasus or dragon knight in the game)
prax_emblem___elly_by_meibatsu-d2hifxt.j

Ennes the Mage Scholar (likely to be an anima mage)
prax_emblem___ennes_by_meibatsu-d2i0jm1.

Heimdl the Whitesmith (special class, has Mercy skill locked on and has a Night Tide-like skill that is reliant on his magic stat)
Prax_Emblem___Heimdl_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Collage of Elly, Ennes, and Heimdl on parchment background.
Fire Emblem: Breaking Rays
prax_emblem___wallpaper_by_meibatsu-d2iv

Fun FE doodles~!

Ike, Micaiah, Elincia, Sanaki, Leanne, Sothe

princesses_like_ike__by_meibatsu-d5gwnfl

Shinon + Ike

also_a_huge_fan_of_ike____by_meibatsu-d5

Ike, Elincia, Soren, Lucia, Geoffrey, Castor

fe9_10_pairings_and_castor_alone_lol_by_

Hector, Farina, Florina, Lyn, villager, tactician Prax

fe7_otp_by_meibatsu-d5hi3vr.jpg

Rath, Wil, Lyn

rath_and_wil_to_the_end_lol_by_meibatsu-

Priam/Paris, Ike, Soren, Boyd, Mist, Aimee

ike_steals_credit_again_lol_by_meibatsu-

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: SHIPPING WAR RULES IN MY THREAD (not enforceable in any other art thread without moderator support)

I am totally fine with shipping wars in my own thread if you can respond with a picture YOU YOURSELF DREW and relevant text.

• No photomanips or sprite edits. XD Any skill level. I don't mind if all you can manage are MSpaint scribbles.
  • NEW IMAGES ARE PREFERRED! IF YOU MUST MUDDY MY THREAD WITH SHIP WAR DRAMA, YOU MUST WORK FOR IT AND MAKE IMAGES.
  • Please INSERT the images (copy-paste the image source url) or use spoiler boxes because I am too lazy to click links!
  • I personally don't care if you bash characters or ships as long as you don't bash the person making the ship => DON'T MAKE IT PERSONAL.
  • Have fun!
  • Also, if moderators decide this is not a good idea, then I will withdraw this declaration and peace will be made throughout the land. lol
Edited by Prax
no longer taking commissions lol

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaah! You're the one who did the Lachesis and Lex & Aira one!!!! :D I saw that in the Fire Emblem Club!!! ^-^ They are fantastic!!! :D (I especially like the Fire Emblem 1/3/11 one!)

-definitely adds you as a watch-

Edited by DancingDanny

Hey, you're that artist! I haven't been on DeviantArt for years, nor do I go on except on rare occaions nowadays, but whenever I look for fanart I always see your stuff. I think it's amazing, I personally love the prohibition era AU, and the one with Beowulf and his sons.

YES! IT IS I! XD

And thank you, guys! I am glad my art is kind of recognizable among the thousands of really great art out there!

I tend to like my ballpoint pen kinda of sketches the most. I feel they have the most personality. I hope that one day, I'll be able to achieve that kind of liveliness when colouring in all digital and then I can be happy with how I colour.. at least for a while. @__@

Edited by Prax

Yaaargh your stuff is really nice. My favourite part about them is that they're not like ANIME KAWAII style--the watercolours really evoke that 90s anime feel and some of them look like stuff from Western comics which is really awesome. Keep up the good work, I guess?

Haah! Thanks!

Yeah, my work isn't very stereotypically anime anymore (a la super kawaii moe style that is popular nowadays).. >_> Not that it ever really was, but I did first start drawing humans because of Sailormoon (before that, all furries! lol)

I think I lost a lot of that anime influence somewhere along the way when I started studying anatomy and life drawing in highschool art classes.

My colouring style isn't really polished and it tends to look like a weird fusion between marker and watercolour. The same thing with my general style being a western-eastern mix. XD Half the time I don't even know if I like it or should continue doing it, but it seems like that is my "default mode".

AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT THOUGH. MAYBE IT'S A SIGN THAT I SHOULD STICK TO MY DEFAULT PATH.

Though I'd still love opinions about my style in general. I feel I could.. "emulate" a lot of styles if I tried.. in fact, I think consistency might be one of my bigger issues. >_> But I will stop complaining about my lack of direction for now and post these because they are fun and I encourage everyone to try this too! (Blank can be found here: TYF's Ridiculously Stylized Meme )

style_meme___alt_and_cia_by_meibatsu-d423131.pngstyle_meme___sc_and_dysta_by_meibatsu-d42g555.png

Edited by Prax

Thought you looked familiar. Good stuff. Brain's a bit scattered at the moment so I haven't really got much other commentary to offer, other than that Heimdl's design reminds me of Vincent Valentine a little. Really like the ink drawings especially.

Might want to drop that meme image under a spoiler tag? It's a bit big.

Thanks again for the compliments, guys.

Thought you looked familiar. Good stuff. Brain's a bit scattered at the moment so I haven't really got much other commentary to offer, other than that Heimdl's design reminds me of Vincent Valentine a little. Really like the ink drawings especially.

Might want to drop that meme image under a spoiler tag? It's a bit big.

Yeah! Someone else mentioned that before too, but I even forgot who Vincent was at the time!

His costume design was actually inspired by both Volke and Nolan (well, the collar and criss-cross straps parts anyway), but I guess the mix of his collar + long black hair makes him Vincent-y.

And I have spoiler-tagged it for you with limited screen real estate. XD

Edited by Prax

I remember seeing your work on DA too. It's very good. :)

You should do an IkexElincia art. It would look amazing, methinks! And while I find a ton of art for this pairing, a lot of it just isn't good quality, imo.

Might I needlessly add that I've seen some of your stuff as well~ x3

And needlessly add that your work is quite amazing and I am super jelly XD And you can manage all those styles very well! =D

I haven't seen your work before but I like it a lot. :) I'm especially fond of your stuff that includes environments, let's get some full background ballpoint pen drawings huh?! I think that could be very lovely.

aaaand, that traditional Japanese style you used in that last panel of the meme killed me haha. So good.

I remember seeing your work on DA too. It's very good. :)

You should do an IkexElincia art. It would look amazing, methinks! And while I find a ton of art for this pairing, a lot of it just isn't good quality, imo.

Haha. but I am not a fan of Ike + Elincia! Elincia + Geoffrey foreverrr~~~! (I was actually very happy that Ike, the main male lead didn't fall for the "obvious" princess choice for once! It felt like a good twist to me!)

I haven't seen your work before but I like it a lot. :) I'm especially fond of your stuff that includes environments, let's get some full background ballpoint pen drawings huh?! I think that could be very lovely.

aaaand, that traditional Japanese style you used in that last panel of the meme killed me haha. So good.

I am SO BAD at backgrounds though! lol SO it's rare you ever see anything like that from me besides like.. grass and some clouds.

Here's a couple of "full" ballpoint pen drawings I drew more than 4 years ago. LOL I haven't done many more like them at all.

Opus_of_the_Sun_by_Meibatsu.jpgCrescendo_of_the_Moon_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Oh, these ones are a few months newer~!

What_the_heck_are_steampunks_by_Meibatsu.jpgTea_Time_by_Meibatsu.jpg

Most of my other ballpoint pen backgrounds usually look simplified like this:

medieval_fantasy_sgpa_2_by_meibatsu-d4dz2v4.jpg

Waiting_for_the_Signal_by_Meibatsu.jpg

I still like them, but it's definitely not polished stuff. xD

Haha. but I am not a fan of Ike + Elincia! Elincia + Geoffrey foreverrr~~~! (I was actually very happy that Ike, the main male lead didn't fall for the "obvious" princess choice for once! It felt like a good twist to me!)

...Sorry. You don't have to rub it in my face. :/

...Sorry. You don't have to rub it in my face. :/

Hahaha! Sorry! XD I will keep it in mind if I ever decide to take pairing requests though!

Ah, okay then. You don't have to make an IkexElincia art if you don't want to, though. I know I wouldn't do art of a pairing I don't like, so yeah (well, maybe if I got paid...but other than that). I would understand completely if you refused. :)

Ah, okay then. You don't have to make an IkexElincia art if you don't want to, though. I know I wouldn't do art of a pairing I don't like, so yeah (well, maybe if I got paid...but other than that). I would understand completely if you refused. :)

I don't really discriminate if they are requests. XD I'd be game to draw anything at that point, even pairings I personally dislike a lot (like Lachesis + Eltoshan. lol).

But yeah, in the future, when I am taking requests! O___O I might do a few for the holidays actually..! *think think*

Well, you're certainly much more open minded than I am. I'd be willing to do pairings I'm simply not a fan of, but I can't bring myself to do a GeoffreyxElincia art at all unless I was paid a good bit for it, I hate the pairing so much. xP

Of course, unless they weren't to be portrayed as a couple. I find them cute as brother and sister figures to one another. :3

No way! Those aren't as bad as you say~ I think they look very cohesive. They just lack a focus point--every part of each one of those images seems to be within the same value range. Like the Namdasir one is really awesome (so Castlevania esque <3) but the sort of scratchy technique you used for the background is also used in his outfit and makes it really hard to tell where his body is and the background is really hard to understand because everything in the image is so dark.

If you're bad at something, you should practice it so you get really good :3 That's just my opinion though. I used to really hate doing backgrounds/environments.