Prax's Artwork! (Devianart stuff + lol)

Prax

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. That is a beautiful wedding dress!

2. Yeah, it's Sorl's eyebrows. I'm tempted to write a (probably bad) story about her FSR.

Thanks! XD

What does "FSR" stand for and is that an awesome thing? Hahah~

Well, I still feel Frederick and Lissa (or Maribelle) just look creepy together because of the age gap, but you're right lol.

And that's a Canadian wedding gown? It doesn't look anything like what women wear here. I would have thought it to be some Asian formal wear, not a wedding dress, but that's probably because I'm use to the way American ones look. lol But it's still pretty! :)

As for that Priam pic...just lol. XD Though I think he's telling the truth.

Hahha.. yeah..! But then again, so is Oswin + Serra, and that appears to reach canon in Fire Emblem 7. XD

Oh, no, Canadian wedding dresses would just be whatever traditional european dresses are (like you would see in America). XD Canadian culture is very English or French traditionally.

Mine is definitely styled more from traditional Vietnamese dresses since my fiancee will be the one in a european suit (of his Scottish heritage's tartan/plaid colours!).

Typical Vietnamese dresses are called Ao Dai (loose translation: long shirts?), and traditional Vietnamese wedding dresses have an added fanciness like a outer jacket over top and halo-like hat added:

tumblr_mhxluaRViV1qh3iwzo1_500.jpgtumblr_mhxluaRViV1qh3iwzo4_500.jpgtumblr_mhxluaRViV1qh3iwzo9_r1_1280.jpg

I mixed it up with some Chinese ancient princess/fantasy style too because I think it looks pretty and I'm part Chinese from my mother's side anyway. XD

tumblr_mhxluaRViV1qh3iwzo8_500.jpgtumblr_mhxluaRViV1qh3iwzo5_1280.jpg

...... Oh woooooooow that dress is super gorgeous~ I've always dreamed of designing my own x3

Also is that supposed to be a phoenix?

Yes~! It's a phoenix. :>

Typically, in Vietnamese (and I guess more east Asian weddings), the bride is considered to be the phoenix while the groom is the dragon. Plus my name in Vietnamese also means phoenix so the symbolism is apt. XD

It's really crazy how much time they spent embroidering the whole thing for me. Hahah~

Traditional wedding gowns here are the same as in America; Prax's reminds me of a kimono and has quite an Asian/Japanese vibe to it (but I want to say that Prax is Asian?).

Anyway, I totally agree with everyone else that your wedding gown is simply gorgeous! The phoenix is a very interesting idea~

I'm sure you're going to be absolutely stunning at your wedding. :)

You are right~! I am pretty asian! Just happen to be more south igeographical location than you're thinking of. XD

Hahaha.. I cheaped out on a lot for my wedding, so we'll see how it all goes! I just want it to be more fun than formal.

She mentioned on DA that the dress is a traditional Vietnamese dress that she had custom tailored overseas. I mentioned it on DA but it looks gorgeous!

Yes~! I have spammed this everywhere~~

If you guys ever want to cheap out a relatively cheap tailor for these type of dresses, the one I used was from here:

Ao Dai Vinh

I did have to just put faith that it would turn out okay and just send a few hundred dollars their way to get it done in less than a couple months. XD But phew. Faith rewarded!

Yes~! It's a phoenix. :>

Typically, in Vietnamese (and I guess more east Asian weddings), the bride is considered to be the phoenix while the groom is the dragon. Plus my name in Vietnamese also means phoenix so the symbolism is apt. XD

It's really crazy how much time they spent embroidering the whole thing for me. Hahah~

Oh I see! Awww that's lovely~ And heehee I wish my name could translate to something like phoenix xD

Ah yeah that does look like it could've taken soooo much work to make! =o But at least they did, how nice of them~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ah, I see. I never knew much about Asia either. lol

Good thing we have the thing that is the internet now to look all this stuff up! XD

Also meeting all these international people. So awesome.

Oh I see! Awww that's lovely~ And heehee I wish my name could translate to something like phoenix xD

Ah yeah that does look like it could've taken soooo much work to make! =o But at least they did, how nice of them~

Every name means something though~

And my name is llike.. the most common Vietnamese name ever. Phuong. Wow. Phuong Nguyen. The most Jane Smith of all names that I can think of. xD Linh Tran is also very very Vietnamese, and that happens to be one of my cousins' names! Hahah..

How the hell did you get someone to make your dress design??

I noticed on the website (which I had been eying for a few years now) that all they do is take pictures from calendars or photoshoots of fashion models and then sell those as designs of dresses they can approximately make and put a pricetag on them for you to add to a shopping cart (kind of sketchy if you think about it.. but it worked in the right direction for me!! hahaha). They let you choose the colours often too! A lot of these Vietnamese dress sites are like this, actually. I just chose the one that had the most easy to navigate site.

LOL So, seeing this, I was like "I will design something and ask them if they are able to make it and see if they will... and though it might not be exact to design, whatever... let's try" and they totally agreed and said they could because I guess that's what they do anyway and it's good money. xD Then I asked for a quote on what the price + delivery woudl be and they gave me one and didn't bother negotiating because too stressful, and I paid it in full on good faith (I would have been screwed if it didn't work out hahahah).

I mean, my dress was definitely more expensive than the ones on the site because it is more involved and all custom-designed for me, and I could have been more wary and everything since it's across the world and how would I even hunt them down if they scammed me...??? BUT IT WORKED IT WORKED!

Faith in humanity +1.

Edited by Prax

FSR = "for some reason"

Thanks for the explanation~! Now throw in some Korean, Japanese, and one other Asian country in there for giggles :P:

Every name means something though~

And my name is llike.. the most common Vietnamese name ever. Phuong. Wow. Phuong Nguyen. The most Jane Smith of all names that I can think of. xD Linh Tran is also very very Vietnamese, and that happens to be one of my cousins' names! Hahah..

Yes~

Well... my name means pure a translation that only leaves me feeling guilty for since it's not exactly an easy title to keep true to x3 and it's a common name in the US, but my dad gave it a unique spelling, so that's one thing I like about my name =o The original spelling I think is Caitlin and common spellings are Catelin or Katelyn or Catelyn or Caitlyn/Kaitlyn or Kaitlin (so many spelliiiiinnnngs), but my dad spelled it Katelynn~ So I really do like my name and the translation means a lot! Still kinda makes me feel bad ;n;

My name is common and has a bunch of spellings too. But my mom just had to go and pick the most common and boring one of them all. xP

But I do like its meaning. Kelly means "warrior." ^^

Edited by Anacybele

How do I even throw even more countries in? They already all play on kind of similar themes. xD Though I think I will also have a cord tied around my waist, and i guess that might be added Korean or Japanese influence? Hahah~

And a doodle before I sleep. It's a an old character and personification of a higher force I would like to have to protect me: my guardian, GLS.

He's full of charisma and dash and brashness and general goofiness and I don't nearly draw him often enough due to self-enforced NDA/embargo. lol

gls_by_meibatsu-d65byw4.png

Edited by Prax

How do I even throw even more countries in? They already all play on kind of similar themes. xD Though I think I will also have a cord tied around my waist, and i guess that might be added Korean or Japanese influence? Hahah~

And a doodle before I sleep. It's a an old character and personification of a higher force I would like to have to protect me: my guardian, GLS.

He's full of charisma and dash and brashness and general goofiness and I don't nearly draw him often enough due to self-enforced NDA/embargo. lol

gls_by_meibatsu-d65byw4.png

Cherry blossom hairpin for Japan

You hit my weakness for illustrated redheads. You have such a nice-looking guardian!

Dun dun dunn~~ I drew him again, but with a friend!

I was thinking to myself "I wonder if people ever wonder where all my dark edgy female characters are?" and then I started wondering myself. XD And it turns out, they are just hidden away because I don't draw them to post publicly. So I rectified it! Inspired by *HamletMachine's colour palette too, of course!

Valour is my original dark badass lady because she is an assassin and super cool and sadistic and all this stuff and at some point she turned into a vampire for EXTRA goth dark--but I have retroactively undone that because man, that would just be TOO much awesome, right? lol
Valour is still cool beyond words and she is like one of my favourite characters and my sibs and I have a running joke that she's actually the real main character of every story due to the high amount of influence she has in my main project/universe.

valour_and_gls_by_meibatsu-d65jn89.png

Valour again! This time with her guardian angel.. who is actually a fallen angel now.. Wyvern~!

If you wanna see more description and some old artwork to compare to, check out the tumblr link: http://orangesolarcat.tumblr.com/post/50720106670/a-little-bit-of-now-2013-and-then-1999-i

valour_and_wyvern_by_meibatsu-d65nria.pn

Edited by Prax

Old Wyvern - kinda reminds me of Yugi.

New Wyvern - looks like he should be a Yu-Gi-Oh! card

Edited by eclipse

Th only ting I know about yugioh is like.. BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGONNN~~~

And.. something about a dark magician? Man.. I hardly remember anything that went on in that show. XD

Also more stuffs form tonight and holy moley I should sleep and never draw... @___@

Crow.. hero wannabe and phoenix prince extraordinaire.

crow_and_crumb_2013_by_meibatsu-d65wokn.

crow_cover_lol_by_meibatsu-d65xn77.png

Oh, I LOVE Yu-Gi-Oh! Eclipse is right, that guy does look like he could be related to Yugi or Yami. lol

Yu-Gi-Oh is a set of anime series that's about the game of Duel Monsters (more commonly known as the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card game in real life, but I prefer to call it Duel Monsters like in the show). And the two monsters you brought up Prax, Blue Eyes White Dragon and Dark Magician, are definitely the most famous monsters in the game (Red Eyes Black Dragon is by far my favorite though!). Yu-Gi-Oh actually started out as a manga, but was later adapted to anime. The first season of the original series, referred to by fans as season 0, was never dubbed outside of Japan, but the later seasons were.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh series is about a boy named Yugi Mutuo (pronounced "MOH-toh" in the English version for some reason, but I've no problem with it), who was given a sacred treasure by his grandfather. It was one of seven items known as the Millennium Items, ancient artifacts from Egypt that possess powerful magic. Yugi's is the Millennium Puzzle and he became the only person to successfully put it together. Once he did so, he was unknowingly bonded with the spirit of the puzzle (first known simply as Yami), who shares Yugi's body in order to communicate with the world. Yugi and Yami don't quite get to know one another until a little later, but they become best friends and it's their destiny to save the world using Duel Monsters...as Yami did five thousand years before (eight thousand in Japanese, I think). Their ace monster is Dark Magician. Yami must also recover his lost memories of his past. He doesn't even know his real name.

Three more Yu-Gi-Oh series have been produced since this one. Yu-Gi-Oh GX, which takes place ten years after the original series and features Jaden Yuki as the main character, is the second series. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's came next and is about Yusei Fudo and four other duelists he befriends due to fate. The newest series and the one currently airing is Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, which is about a boy named Yuma (I forget his crazy last name...lol) and his phantom-like guide Astral, who suffers amnesia much like Yami, only he gains his memory back in a much different way.

GX is personally my least favorite series, but I loved the original and 5D's. Zexal is pretty cool too.

Also, that guy Crow you made also makes me think of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, cause one of my favorite characters in it is also named Crow. XD

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

Ahahha.. I think the Yu-G-Oh universe just got too crazy for me to follow. XD I caught an episode at one point recently and they were like.. cardbattling while racing on motorcycles at the same time and I was like "why is this so ridiculous! LOL"

Crow's the one in the middle right? Ahahaha.. all their hair. It's so hilarious. XDDDD It's amazing that Crow has the most normal hair in the bunch!

[spoiler=YGO trio? lol]

Cuervo_ni%C3%B1es.jpg

As for my recent stuff.. lol

An idea I had for a while. It's like.. the magical-girl's Triforce.

triforge_by_meibatsu-d66qbth.jpg

[spoiler=Triforge description]Anyway, a long time ago (or maybe it was only a few months ago, idk, I am bad at time), I was discussing how Dysta was like a Navi sometimes (the fairy from Legend of Zelda), and then I was thinking about what she would represent.

Obviously, she represented friendship, because that’s what I always correspond her with (her whole “thing” is about making friends and gaining allies because she is a magical girl to the max), so then I was thinking one what the other “triforce pieces” of this alternate Triforce would be. And I think I came up with Hope and Joy.

As most of you know, the original Triforce from the Zelda series represents Power, Courage, and Wisdom. In some respects, that is a more masculinish representation of empowerment and fate-changing forces or something. So here’s my more feminine/magical-girl representation of ultimate empowerment and fate-breaking: The Triforge. lol

It is positioned as a reverse Triforce and is called a Triforge and has the extra flower centre because I wanted it to be different (lol) and represent things an individual creates (forges!) by themselves as they live through life. The colours are pretty much positioned as the blending of the Triforce colours too, so it’s nice that it all falls into place. XD When you have power and courage, you can enjoy yourself in the moment. When you have courage and wisdom, you can create lasting bonds because you understand others and you put yourself out there. When you have wisdom and power, you have hope and can see a better future that you can make. When you have a balance after forging all these pieces in your life, you can create your own destiny.

Make-up Gift Exchange drawing for a member in my DA group (the other person never finished their end.. grr). It's her characters drunk and the underaged one having to serve the snacks. lol

sgpa_gift_exchange_2012___anatawa_kurone

A cute chipmunk for a friend that kind of reminds me of oldschool animation. lol Especially

--anyone remember that?!

chipmunk_4_uchipz_by_meibatsu-d670hh8.pn

OH AND LOOK SOMETHING FIRE EMBLEM RELATED YAYY~~~ XD

A friend asked whether I ever thought of OC/fan character kids for any of the Fire Emblem lords. Couldn't say that I really have, but I gave it a shot, forgetting that Elincia is not really a lord. LOL

But I like Elincia x Geoffrey so whatever, here's their kids! And then I included that actual canon lord couple from Tellius, Micaiah and Sothe~

fe10_kids_by_meibatsu-d6749oa.png

Aila (eye-la) is kind of named a bit after Ike. She trained under Lucia to be a mercenary/swordmaster, but she lacks the grace for it and she’s a little bit enamoured with the Hero of Blue Flames and his legend, so she’s much more rough and tough like him too. She becomes a hero/ranger class character. Both Elincia and Geoffrey are very proud of their warrior princess, but her diplomatic skills are a little lacking for someone of her status.

Lucien (loo-she-en) is named after his aunt, Lucia. He lickes riding mounts like his mother and father, and his secret dream is to be the first male pegasus knight (much to Geoffrey’s disapproval, but at least Elincia humours him in his quest)! Turns out, pegasi as a species are sexist or something, so until he can convince one to let him ride it, he’s been getting wyvern-riding lessons and regular cavalier lessons. He fairs better than his sister when it comes to civil lessons.

Micaiah had a bit of a tough time getting all the diplomatic and infrastructural groundwork in place for Daien after all the war and hardship, but she found great comfort in Sothe and they eventually had a child together.

Altheus (All-thee-us) is named after Altina (and possibly Zelgius or Pelleas? Hah~!). According to the rumours going around, people have been saying that Altheus is not of Sothe’s blood.. not that it matters to Altheus or his parents what people think. Altheus is a flippant and sneaky bard, often lurking around until the time comes to ambush folks at the most opportunistic moment (taking after Sothe’s career choice? Could Sothe be his father after all?). He’s a bit of a momma’s boy and doesn’t take kindly to people talking poorly of his mother and making up rumours, which happens a lot due to the decisions she made during the war. He is also branded (on his chest) and is wont to flaunting it.

So there you go~! 3 new fan characters. lol

Feel free to discuss my great addition to the fandom. Thank you.

Edited by Prax

Holy frack, those designs Prax.

lolololol Bard? This is TELLIUS, Prax.

Turns out, pegasi as a species are sexist or something, so until he can convince one to let him ride it, he’s been getting wyvern-riding lessons and regular cavalier lessons.

Explains, EVERYTHING.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ha, I made a son and daughter for Ike and Elincia a looong time ago. lol Kael and Lalita. I only did a sprite of the former and that's it though. They won't actually show up in my fiction until my main fic's sequel...haha.

But Ike's son is somewhat named after him as well...but also named for Greil.

Also, yes, Crow is the one in the middle and one of my favorite characters in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's! He's awesome. ^^ Yusei is the one on the left and Jack is the one on the right. And yes, in 5D's, we get introduced to turbo dueling, which is dueling on motorcycles known as duel runners. I actually think it's an awesome concept and looks like a lot of fun!

Oh, and that chipmunk is adorable. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Notes:

1. They look like kids, but from left to right, it's Yusei, Crow, and Jack. Yusei is the only protagonist in the series who can fight his way out of a paper bag (Yugi wasn't exactly a muscle man, Jaden probably wouldn't notice that he's in a paper bag, and that new guy looks hopeless).

2. I'm surprised that lion-girl OC is allowed on an indoor floor barefoot with those nails!

3. Those children are hilarious. I kinda wish they were FE characters! The flower motif on Aila's stuff is quite amusing.

Edited by eclipse

Yuma grows into quite the clever duelist while under Astral's guidance, actually. He's different from the other protagonists in that he's kind of a goof and doesn't really act serious, lol, but still. It's been awhile since I last watched any of it though. I should try to pick up where I left off sometime soon.

And how could Yami not duel his way out of a paper bag? He took down some of the most powerful villains and duelists out there. o.O

Yusei is one hell of a duelist though, I'll admit. Probably the best of them, but I still think Yami would put up quite a fight against him.

Better drawn than canon, therefore it is the new canon.

Ahaha.. not really better drawn.. but thank you~~! XD

Just wanted to say that your art is precious :3

Thanks!!!

ADFGSDFASD Prax why are you so amazing? Now I want to make my own children characters for the lords~

YES YES EVERYONE MAKE EVERYTHING AND BE INSPIRED!! LET'S MAKE FIRE EMBLEM: BREAKING RAYS A REALITY HAHA (it's my Tellius continuation that will never actually be made lol)

Holy frack, those designs Prax.

lolololol Bard? This is TELLIUS, Prax.

Explains, EVERYTHING.

HAHA LISSEN HE POSES AS A BARD OKAY? Not really a very good one... But you'd be convinced if he gave a little song and dance with his sparkly shawl, right?? XD

That's right. Pegasi are misandrists and it's up to Lucien to show them the way!

Ha, I made a son and daughter for Ike and Elincia a looong time ago. lol Kael and Lalita. I only did a sprite of the former and that's it though. They won't actually show up in my fiction until my main fic's sequel...haha.

But Ike's son is somewhat named after him as well...but also named for Greil.

Also, yes, Crow is the one in the middle and one of my favorite characters in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's! He's awesome. ^^ Yusei is the one on the left and Jack is the one on the right. And yes, in 5D's, we get introduced to turbo dueling, which is dueling on motorcycles known as duel runners. I actually think it's an awesome concept and looks like a lot of fun!

Oh, and that chipmunk is adorable. :)

Aaaaw.. but I love seeing random children characters. xD How do they act? What's their role?

omg, I can't handle it. I think it's too much crazy "cool" combined into one thing. Racing + duelling + HEART OF THE CARDS + OMG LOOK AT OUR HAIR!!! It's like shonen overload. XDDD I guess I am just not that into over-the-top types of anime.

Notes:

1. They look like kids, but from left to right, it's Yusei, Crow, and Jack. Yusei is the only protagonist in the series who can fight his way out of a paper bag (Yugi wasn't exactly a muscle man, Jaden probably wouldn't notice that he's in a paper bag, and that new guy looks hopeless).

2. I'm surprised that lion-girl OC is allowed on an indoor floor barefoot with those nails!

3. Those children are hilarious. I kinda wish they were FE characters! The flower motif on Aila's stuff is quite amusing.

1. Hahaha.. I think they just progressively got more ridiculous looking. I half-"understood" when I saw the first season, but then.. it just got nutsy-er! Not quite as crazy as Beyblade, but still crazy extreme.

2. To be fair, she's probably trapped in an illusion created by the orange-haired guy?? LOL So it's all.. good? Though orange-haired guy is getting drunk in his own illusion. <__<

3. It's the Crimean crest~! It adds class to her~! LOL

ALSO LOOK I MADE THIS FEATURING THEM AGAIN:

altheus__aila__and_lucien__the_tellius_t

Aila is kind of ignorant when it comes to Tellius history and diplomacy. BUT SHE REMEMBERS SOME TIDBITS~! Kind of the bad ones. <___< Perhaps she takes after her hero Ike a little too much in the ignorance factor? Her clothing reflects Elincia's pumpkin-ish colours and also holds the Crimean crest on her shield and chest cover. She's a female hero (and like Ike, cannot wield axes until after promotion).

Special Skills:

Dismiss - (activation % = skill/2) If attack brings the enemy down to 5HP or under, will also push the enemy back 2 spaces unless their path is blocked.

Amnesty (mastery skill) - (activation % = skill/3 + luck/3) A critical blow that if lethal, reduces the enemy's HP to 1 instead, all allies (or friendly units, including Aila) adjacent to the enemy unit heal 25% of their HP back.

Lucien tries his best to do damage control, but he's a bit on the.. ineffective side due to his small size (he's still a growing boy!). Lucien's clothing and armour is reminiscent of his father's, although his little circlet thing makes him look like a traditional Fire Emblem pegasus knight, he actually rides a wyvern (because pegasi are sexist! lol).

Special Skills:

Dismiss - (activation % = skill/2) If attack brings the enemy down to 5HP or under, will also push the enemy back 2 spaces unless their path is blocked.

Diplomacy (mastery skill) - (activation % = skill/3 + res/3) A critical blow that also lowers hit rate of all enemies adjacent to Lucien by 50% for 2 turns and pushes all surrounding enemies back by 1 space unless their path is blocked.

Altheus is going into rage mode after hearing some MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS against his mother. He's been known to hold a grudge and plot the demise of all those whom besmirches his good mother's name. XD He poses as a bard on his travels to hide the fact that he's the Prince of Daien, but I dunno.. that silver hair and unhidden brand mark on your chest kind of make you stand out, don't they, Altheus? <_< Plus the fact that you sling around dark magic...

Special Skills:

Distract - (activation % = skill) Is a move that can be manually activated onto a target enemy up to 2 spaces away. Lowers an enemy's hit and avoid rate by 50% for one turn.

Vendetta (mastery skill) - (activation % = skill) On enemy phase, if Altheus is hit and his HP is below 50%, Altheus' counter-attack will deal 3x damage and enemy's stats are reduced by 5 and added to Altheus' for 1 turn. Stats gains can stack if multiple enemies attack.

Phew~! What a lot of extra detail for random fan characters that aren't important to me??? xD omg they kind of Mirror Eirika, Ephraim, and Lyon. lol

Since they all have special skills, they are probably the 3 lords of the next game? LOL

The game is Fire Emblem: Breaking Rays, which also stars Elly, Ennes, and Heimdl. LOL [link]