Prax's Artwork! (Devianart stuff + lol)

Prax

I get the impression that Altheus is a womanizer. It's probably because the last bard I remember using (Homer from FE5) was a slut, but yeah. xD

Great work as usual~

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression that Altheus is a womanizer. It's probably because the last bard I remember using (Homer from FE5) was a slut, but yeah. xD

Great work as usual~

Oh no, his mother is the best woman ever and no one can compare to her eternal greatness so he's not interested in womanizing (not manizing either for that matter). XDDDDDD

Although I secretly ship him and Aila. Don't tell him. He'll barf.

Edited by Prax

Ahaha.. not really better drawn.. but thank you~~! XD

Aaaaw.. but I love seeing random children characters. xD How do they act? What's their role?

omg, I can't handle it. I think it's too much crazy "cool" combined into one thing. Racing + duelling + HEART OF THE CARDS + OMG LOOK AT OUR HAIR!!! It's like shonen overload. XDDD I guess I am just not that into over-the-top types of anime.

Hey, I'm sure if you practiced enough, you can be just as good as the artist that did the artwork for RD and PoR! Whoever it is is still my favorite FE artist btw. :)

Also, as for what Kael and Lalita are like, Kael takes mostly after his father and his Uncle Boyd (Mist is Boyd's wife in my stories, though I actually prefer RolfxMist. But I don't mind BoydxMist either, so I went with it. Besides, Mist's only other ending leaves her single for the rest of her life, so yeah. I like to follow canon as closely as I can so my work seems like it can be a true addition to the whole story). He has Ike's unruly blue hair and Elincia's lovely golden brown eyes. He wears an outfit similar to PoR Ike's, only with a few aesthetic differences and different colors. He's blunt and reckless like Ike, and he's also a pretty untidy, but rough and tough kid. Since Elincia is his mother though, he has somewhat better education, manners, and etiquette and can also actually clean and cook. But he's also lazy and rarely ever feels like cleaning or cooking lol. He cares less for his appearance than even Ike does too and has an even more tattered cape and somewhat more unruly hair. Yet, he also has his father's undying passion, kindness, and bravery. Kael's base class is Ranger (Ike's version) and he promotes to Hero, then Vanguard.

Lalita is named after Elincia's mother (who is actually unnamed in canon, so I came up with one) and takes more after Elincia and her Aunt Mist. She has Elincia's emerald hair and Ike's blue eyes. She's pretty girly and complains about her brother and father's eating habits (yeah, Kael has a nice appetite as well, though it's not as heavy as Ike's) and their untidyness. She's a neat freak and has a bit of an attitude as well. She also loves dressing up and fashion and is pretty girly. But she can also be very caring and cute and is not afraid to get a bit dirty in battle (she does NOT want to end up covered in mud, blood, or dirt though lol). She's of the Myrmidon class (Elincia no longer has her Pegasus in my fic for personal reasons and because she chooses to let the old mount retire) and obviously promotes to Swordmaster and then Trueblade. I was going to make her a healer, but I also didn't want to make her and her brother seem like carbon copies of Ike and Mist, so yeah.

Oh, also, these two bicker a lot like typical siblings as well lol.

Their story arc is the first that will occur in my fic's sequel, which takes place 18 years after the first story. Kael is the main character of this arc, but Lalita is a major supporting character. They are also joined by a lance knight named Nancy, who is the daughter of Azura (the main character of the first big story) and Leyon (one of the two lead males in that story) and Kael and Lalita's best friend. They find civil war brewing in Crimea (for reasons I shall not spoil, but it isn't a rebellion or anything like in RD) and meet the kids of the other Greil Mercenaries and a few other Crimeans. They also meet Amy, Largo and Callil's adopted daughter (who is older, obviously, and an accomplished fire sage). Together, they form a new group called the Ike Mercenaries and must prevent the situation from escalating too far. First though, they must earn their first payments of gold so they can fund this big and dangerous mission.

Haha, I guess Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is kinda complicated lol. I still don't fully understand Synchro Summoning myself. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Oh GOSH that clip is hilarious! Lucien's circlet reminds me of Prince Zephiel's one.

Or Nils~~! He actually looks a lot like Nils. Hahah~

Hey, I'm sure if you practiced enough, you can be just as good as the artist that did the artwork for RD and PoR! Whoever it is is still my favorite FE artist btw. :)

Practice is definitely an... issue. LOL I think I am way too inconsistent and lazy. MAYBE ONE DAY THOUGH I WILL ACHIEVE SUCH GREATNESS~!

Ooh, you definitely have a lot of the story fleshed out. How far along are you in it?

And because he's fun to draw at the moment, more Altheus looking like he's offended lol:

altheus_is_not_pleased_by_meibatsu-d67gp

Haha, he really does look offended. XD

And I actually haven't started this story yet, truth be told, since the first story, FE: Dawn of Darkness, is not finished (it is well over halfway done though). xP However, I do know what I'll be titling the sequel. Fire Emblem: Dark Soul. Like DoD, it is yet again a continuation of the name trend of the Tellius games. Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Dawn of Darkness, Dark Soul. It also shows a change from light to darkness in the theming. While the first two titles focus on light, the second are more about darkness. I feel so clever, hehe. Anyway, I also know that Dark Soul will be in parts like RD and as with that game, the different events in each part will eventually lead to everyone coming together to take on one foe. But this is the only thing the story has in common with RD. Everything else is completely different. It takes place on two continents (Tellius and Altarais, the continent of the first story) and point of view goes back and forth from groups of characters on both. Characters also travel between the two continents occasionally.

Also, as you might have guessed, Amy will serve as Dark Soul's Jagen.

Edited by Anacybele

Ooh.. too bad I am not much of a reader! I only seem to be able to read things in comic format because I am lazy. XD

Is Amy an Jagen.. or more of a.. Titania? XD

Also, the other two to finish the batch~!:

aila_is_unimpressed_by_meibatsu-d67h8y0.

lucien_is_questioning_by_meibatsu-d67hhb

Edited by Prax

She's more of a Titania, but still probably wouldn't be the best Sage available.

lol at Aila, but Lucien doesn't look all that offended... xP

Btw, why don't neither of them look much like their parents? I don't really see the resemblance aside from Lucien's outfit. o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Aila is just supposed to be like.. bored or unimpressed. And Lucien is kind of.. politely questioning?? lol I don't know. It just didn't seem right to make him all moody.

They do. Or... are supposed to look like their parents! I just drew them all in a different weird style for fun. XD

If I drew Elincia and Geoffrey, they'd look kind of like this too (I think??? lol). Haha~

I gave both of them wavy hair like Elincia and her eye colour, but their hair colour is more a mix between Elincia and Geoffrey (green + blue = teal?). And Aila has more of Geoffrey's almond eye shape and Lucien has more of Elincia's round doe-eyes shape.

Altheus on the other hand, just took most of his looks from Micaiah, I guess.. and whoever his father really is. LOL

Edited by Prax

Ah, I see. Oh well, for some reason, I see more Ike in Aila than Geoffrey, but that's probably your intention lol.

You've made me want to draw Kael and Lalita now though lol. But that'll have to wait until another time, since I have a couple other pieces I'd like to do first (namely a piece for a friend as well as another FrederickxFemale Avatar pic I've had in mind). xP But Lalita is going to be fun to do since she has a ponytail with a bow like my Awakening OC, Antoinette and I had a lot of fun doing that. Hehe. Only, Lalita's bow is a hairclip, not fabric, and her ponytail is shorter and curled (it actually looks a lot like the one ponytail style you can give the female Avatar in Awakening when you use build 1, but this was unintentional, I swear). Kael also wears a tattered headband like his dad. Also gonna be fun, hehe.

Yeah. She idolizes Ike so she takes on a lot of his mannerisms (what she heard of them anyway! lol). I am sure she even asks her mom sometimes why Ike and her never got together LOL Awkward conversations. She does look a little like her aunt Lucia too, I think!

Yesss... influence to draw all the pics~ lol I think making OCs or drawings with them is more fun then having to draw fanart of established characters.

Good luck on all the drawings you have to make! lol I still need ot beet Awakening so I can't like.. draw anything for it yet.. :I

Hey, I haven't beaten Awakening yet either lol. I just love Frederick so much that I couldn't resist drawing a wedding pic of him and my Avatar or giving him a daughter. XD

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing about Lalita: she also admires Lucia and learns some swordplay from her. They ARE of the same class line, so it works perfectly. ;D

Edited by Anacybele

Hwahaha.. yess~! That would be great if it were possible. EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE MY GAMES FOR ME PLEASE OMG.. JUST DO ALL THE WORK. I GOT IDEAS.. Q___Q

This is what happened to me yesterday/today...

- cramped shoulder

- waited 30 minutes for bus, half of it in rain

- changed into wrong uniform

- actually late for work so was booted home from shift

- found umbrella (good point~!)

- didn't get to go do wedding stuff or even check address

- because lost expensive cellphone while shopping with parents

- devolved into a fruit

Everyone should sympathize and make my game. Yes. u_u

ok_prax__u_had_a_bad_day_by_meibatsu-d67

Edited by Prax

You can thank Nightmare.

It's pretty good for no refs huh? I think so

new_canvas_by_meibatsu-d67n53i.png

I will accept payment in forms of cash or gold bullions.

Edited by Prax

My impressions of the big drawings:

Altheus - My eyes move in impressive directions (his right and left eyes look like they're focused on two different things)

Aila - Not sure if trolling or ignorant (that's what her expression looks like)

Lucien - I am showing off my amazing eye lashes with this pose (this one's my favorite)

Oh my god, your little comic strip slayed me. xD Absolutely brilliant!~

Sorry to hear about your day being so terrible though. :(

I'd love to get people to help make my fics into games too, but since they have features not included in the GBA games, it would be impossible, sadly. xP

lol those pics, Prax. I also have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I wish my art got this much attention! :o

Edited by Anacybele

My impressions of the big drawings:

Altheus - My eyes move in impressive directions (his right and left eyes look like they're focused on two different things)

Aila - Not sure if trolling or ignorant (that's what her expression looks like)

Lucien - I am showing off my amazing eye lashes with this pose (this one's my favorite)

Ahaha~ Well, maybe he is looking at two things at once, ever thought of that? Special skill? Lazy eye? >___> I actually drew him first and spent the most time on him, but yeah, I feel he is more flawed than the others. XD

Yeah, Aila is full of unimpressedness, some of it because she don't understand what is going on

Shonen youthful lashes of bravery and intelligence!

Oh my god, your little comic strip slayed me. xD Absolutely brilliant!~

Sorry to hear about your day being so terrible though. :(

Ahaha.. thank you. Drawing it made me feel happier too. It's good to look at the absurdity of circumstances and have a good laugh at them, I think. Takes the edge of.. .. //sobs

I suppose it's nice that you transformed your pain into joy and laughter for us but

why does it feel so wrong

Because funfortunate events allow us to experience the schadenfreude we so desire in a less guilty way, but we still know we're being jerks for enjoying it. xD

I'd love to get people to help make my fics into games too, but since they have features not included in the GBA games, it would be impossible, sadly. xP

lol those pics, Prax. I also have to admit I'm a bit jealous. I wish my art got this much attention! :o

Well, you can always maybe.. one day get rich and hire people to program that stuff in for you and make your own game?? That is my dream. Hahah~

I am pretty sure it gets attention because it is entertaining at my own expense. .-. All of you are monsters. (lol j/k i enjoy making ppl laugh)

Here is an update of my status with trajectory.

ok_prax__u_r_sick_by_meibatsu-d67o5df.pn

I dunno why this happened. I am full of vitamin c clearly. this is an outrage and i demand karmic recompense111!!

Edited by Prax

You've got the flu, Prax? That sucks, I hope you feel better. D:

I myself had to go to Magic Kingdom in Disney World while still recovering from a flu. I had fun, but still, my stupid clogging ears and nose got in the way several times. I hope this doesn't happen to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Great gallery of art :D

I hope you feel right soon!

Cold is very annoying!

I know what you feel about "waited 30 minutes for bus, half of it in rain", I got the same problem but in my personal situation change "bus" for the mexico city metro.

*sob*

• 2 weeks later...

MEGA ART POST AND LIFE STORY AHEAD~~ LOL

I got both better then worse then better again and now I have a cold. XD

Neverending life yahhh~~

Here's a gif from when I was still sick with weird aches and allergies:

ok_prax_bleggh_by_meibatsu-d67psx5.gif

Then I played through OFF (an Earthbound-inspired indie game-- you can check it our for yourselves here: http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Games/OFF-by-Mortis-Ghost ):

off_by_meibatsu-d67v4u5.png

A fake painting I made based on a tumblr meme lol:

mysterious_man_by_meibatsu-d683rgu.png

[spoiler=click to read description~]June 7, 2013.

Paint Tool SAI.

"Among one of the most quizzical paintings of the time is an oil on wood portrait of a man seemingly in bed robes holding a letter behind a pile of lemons. The subject in the painting smiles at the viewer provocatively--almost insultingly--as he holds onto a letter that scholars and viewers at the time alike have identified as a love letter. Love letters in the lands surrounding the Thornewood Valley often where sealed with a red ribbon, signifying desire from a man to a woman.

Many patrons viewing the painting felt insulted, as if the "mysterious man" were challenging to send a letter to the women they desired, undermining their own efforts. Others also accused that the painting was meant to seduce young women away from their chastity. According to the various owners that passed the painting down, the painting had to be quickly removed form display as its scandalous provocation upset the business of the establishment that it was hung up on.

Many centuries later, scholars discovered that the image was actually painted by a young woman. The letter shown in the painting has also been reinterpreted as the letter has clearly been opened in the image, suggesting that the love letter was in fact for the man in the image from another man. Homosexuality at the time was taboo, and had patrons understood this, the painting may well have been destroyed and the painter ostracized, or worse yet, accused of witchcraft and demon worship. Fortunately, neither the painting nor the artist came to harm as the painting was taken down promptly before anyone revealed the true context of the image. However, the identity of the man and the meaning of the lemons are still greatly debated."

FROM THIS TUMBLR SUGGESTION:
hello-witless: If any of us become famous painters, film makers, photographers, illustrators, et cetera, we have to hide lemons in all our works. It’ll be our inside joke and it’ll confuse historians for centuries, okay? Okay.

Hahaha~ This is pretty much Medieval AU with Heimdl, Altaire, and Ezra. xD
I spent way too much time just being inspired by that suggestion.
I was like "lemons??? Which one? The fruit or the slash/fanpairings???" and figured.. "both". >___>
Also, the artist was not very good when she made the portrait. LOL
(I will make a better image of you one day, Heimdl! Hahah~)

I was knee-deep in procrastinating on my wedding planning and drew this:

procrastinart__asfir_and_a_guitar_by_mei

And then my wedding finally happened. I still have to post-process/fix up most of the photos myself, so what you get to see is this one lol:

tumblr_moxnl29WNg1qh3iwzo2_1280.jpg

And then I drew this after getting much-needed rest after my tiring wedding stuff lol:

ok_prax__life_is_hard_just_like_the_info

This is my real life ok.
Every day is full of anguish and dilemmas.
OK, I lied. All of this stuff didn't happen in a day. It happened in the same week.
I forgot ONE thing though. When I'm messy and reaching for the paper towel roll, I often yank too hard and the whole roll comes out of the holder and undoes itself on the floor. This kind of happens multiple times a week. XD

And my laptop is pretty crappy for the price I paid for it but I like using it when I don't feel like getting anything done despite its original purpose being for school work. XD

And then on tumblr, I was bored but also possibly hungry or needed to pee, so I asked what I should do.

Someone suggested a hot make-out scene so I drew this (my character Ennes, the orange-haired mage and a friend's characters discussing how he might be a real creep):

indirect_implications_by_meibatsu-d6c5jo

Then someone else told me to draw my new spouse as a bishi, so this lol:

tumblr_mphwr5XIRJ1qh3iwzo1_1280.png

And then someone suggested "You could do.. an anthromorphization of your least favorite month! or.. er… something starting with a d??? q____q I don’t know ideas! I’ve been going the easy route with fanart LOL YOU COULD DO.. A DIFFERENT ART STYLE, THOSE ARE FUN!! more 60s anime?? XD" and uhm.. okay, so then this (which is more 80s maybe? lol):

the_decemberist_by_meibatsu-d6c72tc.png

And this to make it more.. 70s..

tumblr_mpi8bxN5oJ1qh3iwzo1_1280.png

Basically, I am not good at doing requests. LOL

Edited by Prax