[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently watched Marky Joe playing this and thought i would give it a go. First of all i feel like this hack is really well done. I don't do this stuff myself i just watch people and/or play the hacks but i think it is coming along well. Also i noticed a glitch in ch. 8 when it starts the level i can't move the cursor from fa. It took me a minute to figure out but i had to press b and it took me over to my units. Not a major glitch but just one i noticed.

Edited by garrettfox191

...I'm starting to think the only way to stop people reporting it is to put a little note in the game itself.

"You are about to encounter the autocursor glitch. Press L to move the cursor to one of your units."

I'm not seriously suggesting it by the way; it would wreck any immersion in the plot, having that rammed in your face. And someone would be bound to miss it anyway.

That glitch has been reported like 10 times, and I think it's in the readme. I haven't read the readme recently

It is in the readme and its on the first page. Myself and several others didn't bother reading until Alfred mentioned this.

You have another supporter from me. I am playing through chapter 2 right now and I think this is an amazing hack. Granted I have not played many hacks before, but I am familiar with some fanfix ideas people have done in the past. I like the characters. I like the map layout. The events in the map are apparent to me through the game hints. Nothing feels cheesy. Okay, a couple of moments felt like it, but that will always happen.

Above all else I like the Chapter 2 house background music.

I just noticed that Faratress' affinity is light, while Shiori's is dark. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

They have an affinity for each other. Fa x Shiori confirmed XD

...in all seriousness though, that makes sense to me considering their personalities... if that is how Alfred is basing the affinities on... I've never been completely clear what criteria defined someone's affinity in the regular Fire Emblem games. Like how certain characters get defined as certain affinities, not really clear all the time to me, or explained in game from what I can remember. :\

I've never been completely clear what criteria defined someone's affinity in the regular Fire Emblem games. Like how certain characters get defined as certain affinities, not really clear all the time to me, or explained in game from what I can remember. :\

I'm pretty sure it's dependent on the birth month. I think affinity is fe's take on zodiac signs

You have another supporter from me. I am playing through chapter 2 right now and I think this is an amazing hack. Granted I have not played many hacks before, but I am familiar with some fanfix ideas people have done in the past. I like the characters. I like the map layout. The events in the map are apparent to me through the game hints. Nothing feels cheesy. Okay, a couple of moments felt like it, but that will always happen.

Above all else I like the Chapter 2 house background music.

Thanks, Vorena! I'm glad you're liking the game so far.

I love this hack:3 I trust you Alfred,and yes it's me Memmo :3"

^ This guy was the one who 3 years ago inspired me to actually name the infamous wyvern rider "Menmus". Yo!

I just noticed that Faratress' affinity is light, while Shiori's is dark. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

...in all seriousness though, that makes sense to me considering their personalities... if that is how Alfred is basing the affinities on... I've never been completely clear what criteria defined someone's affinity in the regular Fire Emblem games. Like how certain characters get defined as certain affinities, not really clear all the time to me, or explained in game from what I can remember. :\

You can see that as some kind of yin yang stuff.

Faratrass is a dark mage but she has a pure heart in the end.

Shiori is a light mage but... well, you'll see.

This is one of the messages I wanted to deliver in Midnight Sun. "There isn't such thing as pure good or pure evil. In the end, what we do defines the kind of person we are, but what we do is also the result of what others may have done to us."

Is Moonie good or evil?

Is Hoikade good or evil?

Is Fa good or evil?

Is the Demon King good or evil?

Most of the times the answer is ambiguous, and I wanted it to be that.

Fa x Shiori confirmed XD

Most of the couples will be heterosexual, but there will be a few yuri and yaoi couples in the game if that is of some interest.

Coming soon: - a veeery long interview to the creator of the hack

- Some chapter 9B screenies yay~

Most of the couples will be heterosexual, but there will be a few yuri and yaoi couples in the game if that is of some interest.

the original FE games never really hinted at homosexuality within supports; same-sex pairings can have a lot of potential if done right that hetero couples wouldn't have access to

it also helps if you don't call homosexual relationships "yuri" and "yaoi" fyi

but yeah besides like, florina and lyn there was basically nothing that i could recall.

chrom and frederick