[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Oh damn. I shouldn't have checked out your Youtube channel.

Pass skill.

Total Anarchy mode with changing weather? (it seems to be for a different hack.)

Infiltration map with sleeping enemies by default. Wonder if they wake up on their own if you take too long.

Valpurga the noble knight.

You do some cool stuff man.

why not?

it's Bloodlines and it doesn't change weather it just allows units to attack other units of the same army

Valpurga and the map and everything aren't mine it's all MS; I'm just demonstrating a skill, namely, one that lets all ranged lances hit Res and I also made it change the spell to use to SoS fire because that's what's used for her Burst Lance

Thanks bruh

That one looks like it's for bloodlines.

All that stolen exp ;-;

but the lulz

Edited by Brendor

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, regarding upcoming character Valpurga...

Hmmm... ready to meet a drunkard princess wearing heavy armour?

...Is this all still applicable? Or at least, the drunkard part? I've got a certain part of a certain planned fanfic that may or may not involve booze. Seems a perfect place to use her (or at least reference her; I'm not so foolish to give her a major role when I know next to nothing about her).

...Come to think of it, were you by any chance playing Etrian Odyssey at that point? I've been playing the demo for Millenium Girl, and I've just bumped into Raquna...

So, regarding upcoming character Valpurga...

...Is this all still applicable? Or at least, the drunkard part? I've got a certain part of a certain planned fanfic that may or may not involve booze. Seems a perfect place to use her (or at least reference her; I'm not so foolish to give her a major role when I know next to nothing about her).

...Come to think of it, were you by any chance playing Etrian Odyssey at that point? I've been playing the demo for Millenium Girl, and I've just bumped into Raquna...

Yeah, that's still applicable anyway.

Valpurga is a cute princess with gentle and soft looks, that talks like a bandit and has a love for booze. Pretty much.

That's where I got my inspiration from, haha! Don't tell anybody... I also wanted to call Valpurga "Naraqu" at first, but that would've been way too evident

If it wouldn't be a problem, would anyone tell me what music/soundtracks were used in this hack? Would really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I haven't kept track of those (I don't even know some of them), so you have to hope that somebody keen enough writes down all of them...

If it wouldn't be a problem, would anyone tell me what music/soundtracks were used in this hack? Would really appreciate it.

I can't identify anywhere near all of them (or even half), but the ones I can recognise are...

[Number in the sound room] / [Name in the sound room] = [Original name] / [Originally from...]

02 / Main Theme = Heian Alien / Touhou 12 (Undefined Fantastic Object)

04 / First Steps = Battle Theme / Unlimited Saga

11 / This is my Tension = The Unforgiven / Final Fantasy 6

12 / This is my Resolve = Final Battle / Lufia (found in Lufia 1, Lufia 2 and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals)

13 / This is my Crisis! = Patchouli's Knowledge / Touhou 6 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)

25 / Go, Go! Attack! = Go! Go! Go! / Lunar - Silver Star (Final Boss Music against Ghaleon)

26 / Defense = Sinister Shadows / Kingdom Hearts 2

27 / Clash of Interests = That Person's Name is / Bravely Default

34 / Curing = World Map P2 / Phantasy Star 3

36 / Diplomacy = Troops March on / Final Fantasy 6

37 / Desperate Situation = Depths of the Soul / Final Fantasy 11

42 / Laughter = Route 19 / Pokemon Black and White 2

49 / Danger Approaches = Only a Plank Between One and Perdition / Final Fantasy 8

Edit: Removed #40 seeing as I got it wrong. Look below for that one.

Edited by Wayward Winds

To add to the list:

29 / The Prince's Despair = Sorrow's Distortion / Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

48 / What About...Charging? = Rhapsody of the Forsaken / Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

I could also swear I heard Evil Invitation from Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow at some points in the game, but I couldn't find it in the sound room, so I might have misremembered.

Evil Invitation is in there, 09 - This is my Path is Fate to Despair from Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

20 - That's your Vow is Bowser Battle from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

21 - That's your Monstrosity is Confrontation from Tales of the Abyss

39 - Shiori's Theme - Blind White is Fear of the Heaven's from Secret of Mana

40 - Dark Plot is not Tower of Zot, but I don't know what it is.

50 - Together We Go On is Chun-li's theme from Street Fighter EX2

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight

Really cool game, also you gave a Jeigan right in the 2nd chapter, that makes the game a lot easier.

also btw

Are you sure you created those musics?

I mean, i have seen some of these on some SNES games before.

Really cool game, also you gave a Jeigan right in the 2nd chapter, that makes the game a lot easier.

If this and Decay of the Fangs taught me anything, it's to NEVER trust a jeigan in a ROM hack.

I won't spoil anything, but Hellios is trouble.

Hell there's even a challenge called the "no-sun" challenge! Clear the game without getting Hellios past lv 3(?)!

As for the music, it was just remixed for the GBA soundchip to avoid sounding horrible.

I haven't created any of those themes, but I've spent a good 2-3 months editing and inserting them. It really sucks to be tied to MIDIs when working on the GBA engine... sigh. FE also sucks at it in general, since you can have max 7-8 notes playing at once (while other games support even 15-16 notes).

Oh btw, thank you guys! ^^

I've created a public doc with all the entries so far. Feel free to edit it and add more songs, should you know where they come from!

@RoyFanboy Yang: Any chapter of this hack is doable without savestates, as shown in many Let's Plays. ;) Thanks for appreciating the project!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

If this and Decay of the Fangs taught me anything, it's to NEVER trust a jeigan in a ROM hack.

I won't spoil anything, but Hellios is trouble.

Hell there's even a challenge called the "no-sun" challenge! Clear the game without getting Hellios past lv 3(?)!

As for the music, it was just remixed for the GBA soundchip to avoid sounding horrible.

Never heard of that challenge, but I'm so OCD about never overusing jeigans that I have yet to level up Hellios in any of my two-and-change playthroughs.

I just created this account so I could say this:

Great hack. Keep the good work.

P.S. I knew of this hack through MarkyJoe's videos

Works great on gpSP kai (gba emulator for PSP) btw

Did anyone test this hack on a GBA flash card?

Edited by AndreGon

Oh, that would be awesome. Never tested it, but it should probably work.

It works.

I'm playing FE Midnight Sun on a Game Boy Advance!

And yes, it's awesome.

Edited by AndreGon

3 years later and you're still working on this, props to you dude. Looks great too, keep up the good work

Thanks man! ^^

I just created this account so I could say this:

Great hack. Keep the good work.

P.S. I knew of this hack through MarkyJoe's videos

Works great on gpSP kai (gba emulator for PSP) btw

Did anyone test this hack on a GBA flash card?

Thanks man!

And no, haven't tested it yet, but my dream is to play this hack on my GBA, haha.

Edit: Oh wow, it works? eeeek, I'm so excited to try it out too! But first, I need to complete it.

Oh, if you want a gba flashcard, here you go guys: http://www.r43ds.org/products/Supercard-Mini-SD.html

So, I'm still super busy irl so I haven't brought anything new for you guys this time, but people are still working on this of course and we'll be back soon. The skill system in particular is coming along nicely (thanks @Brendor!).

Edited by Alfred Kamon