[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a lot of the music choices you made for your hack. Half the fun of playing this for me was trying to figure out where every song came from. Also I'm extremely happy that you picked Time to Come as the player unit's battle theme for the new update it just works so well from the preview vid you had on youtube.

Edited by Asakim

The magic/strength split is taking up a lot of time, I basically need to rewrite the stats and growths for every unit in the game.

Aside from that, I'm also trying to have more healing items (like Potions) instead of just vulneraries and elixirs.

Finally, I need to get some of the Info commands checked by my proofreader, and I'll be done.

Approximately it's 3-4 days of work, but I don't have any time now because I must focus on my exams until the 17th.

I was hoping to have some free days at the beginning of February, which I didn't, so expect the official v.1.5 release around the 20th of February at this point.

Sorry for the wait, get hyped, and have a nice day!

P.S. @Asakim, thanks man! v.2.0 will feature even more awesome music, hopefully.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The magic/strength split is taking up a lot of time, I basically need to rewrite the stats and growths for every unit in the game.

Aside from that, I'm also trying to have more healing items (like Potions) instead of just vulneraries and elixirs.

Finally, I need to get some of the Info commands checked by my proofreader, and I'll be done.

Approximately it's 3-4 days of work, but I don't have any time now because I must focus on my exams until the 17th.

I was hoping to have some free days at the beginning of February, which I didn't, so expect the official v.1.5 release around the 20th of February at this point.

P.S. @Asakim, thanks man! v.2.0 will feature even more awesome music, hopefully.

Good luck with your exams!

Doesn't make a difference to me, chromebooks can't do patching software, i am lucky to even have an emulator

looking forward to Midnight Sun 1.5, Alfred :)

1.2 was great, hard as F*** but fun

I'm playing it on my PSP with GBAEMU, and using savestaes,

also if you pact the 1.5 to the game (clean game) and remae the old save from

Mightnight Sun 1.2.sav -> Mightnight Sun 1.5.sav,

the old save should work with the update of midnight sun 1.5 using this method?

usually if you have a save file of the same game and just change it's name to the new game's name, it should work.

for another fire emblem hack when i updated to a newer version (*Bloodlines by Ghast, this rename method for the save worked)

the music is also awesome, the Castlevaina Music from the GBA Series is my favorite :)

Thank you for all the compliments!

Unfortunately no, it's not a matter of file compatibility. The fact is that in order to have more classes than vanilla FE8, I had to apply a patch that also messed up with the old saves. So it was a sacrifice that was necessary for a better game.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Did you use any of the instrument patches in 1.5? You know those new methods to get 8 or 12 sounds playing at the same time. I'm not going to lie on replays of MS I've been messing around with replacing music. Think I've played MS more than Fire Emblem Awakening lol.

Edited by Asakim

Looking forward to play this: It looks extremely promising!

I'll wait until 1.5 is released to give it a try since it's so close to release (as others mentionned, no hurry though!). I'm honestly a bit worried about the "hard as ****" comments since I'm not a super FE player, but that won't stop me from giving it a try :)

Looking forward to play this: It looks extremely promising!

I'll wait until 1.5 is released to give it a try since it's so close to release (as others mentionned, no hurry though!). I'm honestly a bit worried about the "hard as ****" comments since I'm not a super FE player, but that won't stop me from giving it a try :)

I could handle it, and I'm a guy who has a challenge from Awakening Hard Vanilla.

Yep, we Europeans and Aussies seem to be getting shafted on FE Fates. I just don't get how much extra localisation is required when the game is already in English. There can't be that many differences between European/Australian values and American ones. Not compared to America/Japan differences. They can't even claim packaging and shipping causing delays anymore, not with the 3ds store.

Gripe over.

Alfred's own final, final deadline that he needs to adhere to for this release would likely be next Thursday, because on Friday Bravely Second turns up in Europe and we'll lose him for a couple of months. He's still feeding proofreading stuff to me, so he's definitely not slacking off at the moment!

Ooh, a release date. Awesome.

Also @Wayward, it's a lot more complicated than that. all I can say on the matter without derailing, but consider doing research into it on your own if you want to understand why Europe is getting shafted, lol