[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as I've just finished proofreading some scripts from the tower, I can with absolute certainty say at least some of it (and skirmishes) will be available in this release. Assuming no game breaking bugs rear their ugly heads.

Less than six hours to go, assuming Alfred's on schedule.

Edited by Wayward Winds

%3

Edit: I have no idea what happened with this, but I was asking what was it about the name that was interesting, and I quoted StWalker.

Schwartz means black in either German or Polish, can'r remember which one right now. Hence, Schwartz rides a black pegasus.

I have an obsession with etymology.

Hype!

Here we go, everybody.

I present to you the latest version of Fire Emblem: Midnight Sun!

What's new?

> Actually, very little. This version (1.6) has the same chapters as the previous one (1.2) + The first extra chapter in the Tower of Trials

and a couple Skirmish battles. So you can say it has a total of 12 chapters for now.

> All the chapters in the game have been polished and now feature:

- New mechanics

- New stats and growths

- New dialogues

- New secrets & unlockables

- New animations

- New sprites

- New and faster booting

I've also fixed a number of bugs from the previous version.

- Fixed the cursor in chapter 8

- Fixed the event glitches in chapter 5x

- Fixed the pausing/resuming glitch involving Sae'rah's recruitment in chapter 6

- Many more

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR V.1.2 SAVEFILE ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH THIS V.1.6. I'm sorry, but I had to mess with the savefiles to improve the game mechanics. Don't worry though, this is the only and last time -- v.2.0 will be compatible with your v.1.6 saves.

I know you're hungry for new content, but I ask you to be a little more patient. I've already some chapters ready and finished for v.2.0, but they're not enough for a release... yet. Expect more from the hack by the end of the year!

Finally, here's the new download link.

DOWNLOAD FIRE EMBLEM MIDNIGHT SUN V.1.6!

I also wanted to thank you dearly for the 20'000+ downloads.

If you've downloaded the patch within the first hours of its release, download it again! There was a bug in the prologue, as well as an issue with Garion's death quote in chapter 3. I've fixed both.

Thank you to everyone who helped me and my team so far.

Special thanks to Brendor, Wayward Winds and Gabrielknight, who supported me greatly this time around.

Enjoy the game!

P.S. If you find any bugs, please report them to me asap!

P.P.S. Happy birthday to me. XD

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I've never actually played an FE hack before, but I've heard many good things about this game, combined with the hype of an updated release, that I felt I had to give it a try. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays. :)

Is it on purpose that pillars don't give a resistance bonus?

In the first chapter now, and Fa gets hit as hard when standing on the ground as standing on a pillar. I seem to remember that pillars give defense and resistance bonuses.

In the first chapter now, and Fa gets hit as hard when standing on the ground as standing on a pillar. I seem to remember that pillars give defense and resistance bonuses.

I don't think pillars ever did give resistance, only defense and avoid. In fact, not many Fire Emblem games actually have any terrain that gives resistance. And even in those that do, it's quite rare.

Yep, it's gone now.

It was weird though. After the text finally stopped coming, it seemed to bring up an invisible pseudo-shop interface, going on how the hand cursor moved around and otherwise reacted.

Haha, the text in that index was really, really weird. I don't know how that happened - it's probably one of the rare and random mistakes that FEditor does. The pseudo shop interface was probably due to a [shop] command that sneaked in, somehow.

Could it be because I made thed movement faster by holding A?

Oh no, it wasn't absolutely your fault. ^^"

You're also meant to hold A whenever you want.

Thank God I finished my final terms.

I was going to finish IK, but this is a top priority for me right now.

Ahahah man, that's hilarious! Have fun!

WOMBO COMBO oooooo OoOOOo Ooooo OOOOOO o DOWNLOADING! ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

I've never actually played an FE hack before, but I've heard many good things about this game, combined with the hype of an updated release, that I felt I had to give it a try. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays. :)

Thank you very much for choosing Midnight Sun as your first hack, Kirie. If you're not familiar with them, don't worry, I've included a detailed guide to the installation in the folder.

I hope you enjoy the game. :)

I had doubts in that regards too at first, but then I checked the pillars in vanilla FE8, and they don't give any boosts to Res either.

Hey! What exactly do you mean by "a couple Skirmish battles?"

I can't wait to play this! Gotta do band tests first. Thanks!

There are two locations - the revisited chapter 4 map and the revisited chapter 6 map- on which can occur Skirmishes. Each skirmish is available in three different variants (with different starting position for your units, different enemies, and occasionally fog of war). Skirmishes will appear only once per chapter, meaning that after you defeat the monsters on the map, they won't appear again until the following chapter. Monsters will spawn only once before Ch.9, so you'll only have one chance to battle in skirmishes in v.1.5. However, the skirmishes will differ between Fa and Shiori's routes, so the actual number of available skirmishes is two (in three variants). Hence the "couple Skirmish battles".