Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found a glitch
when i played chapter 8 of midnight sun v.1.5
i cant move the controls after Fa became evil

nevermind i found out how to fix it. just click the start button and move, then you can move normally

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

So, v.1.6 is out. It's basically v.1.5 with the following bugfixes:

- Some weird text appeared in the Prologue
- Garion's death quote in chapter 3 was bugged
- The village in chapter 6 didn't display any text
- The Mars item didn't give any Str boost
- The Barrier staff and the Holy Badge item didn't give a Res boost
All of these have been fixed! V.1.6 should now be bug-free and perfectly enjoyable. Thank you to everyone who reported the issues and have downloaded the hack so far.
Happy gaming!

DOWNLOAD FIRE EMBLEM MIDNIGHT SUN V.1.6

Edited by Alfred Kamon

sorry this is my first time using serenesforest

so i didnt really know how to edit something

Just put your mouse over the bottom right of the post, around Quote, and Edit will come up. I also recommend you change your first post, or add a spoiler if you can, so that it has no spoilers.

i complete the chapters :3

take 7 hours in total... well, time to skirmish >=)

My faratrass have a demonic speed and magic power *0*

also the defence is high :D

i read you fix the bugs i find, so no more problems yeiiii :D

Not sure if this is a problem that has been stated yet but the Luckos Fang appears to only increase the str stat.

Is there a way to choose which one to increase or is it now always str?

I like the 'little' details added to the info, though I do wonder if we will ever get to make those potions... Such a tease right now XD

i complete the chapters :3

take 7 hours in total... well, time to skirmish >=)

My faratrass have a demonic speed and magic power *0*

also the defence is high :D

i read you fix the bugs i find, so no more problems yeiiii :D

^^

In case anyone was wondering, you can use your 1.5 sav file on 1.6 if you already played through a bunch of chapters.

Thanks for pointing that out! I confirm that any new release will be compatible with the v.1.5 saves.

Not sure if this is a problem that has been stated yet but the Luckos Fang appears to only increase the str stat.

Is there a way to choose which one to increase or is it now always str?

I like the 'little' details added to the info, though I do wonder if we will ever get to make those potions... Such a tease right now XD

Thanks for liking the details ^^ There's much work put into those Info command entries, especially by Wayward Winds. He really helped me out a lot.

And yes, you'll be able to make those potions, and weapons, as soon as forging is introduced in v.2.0.

As for the Luckos Fang, that was a mistake on my part. It's meant to boost only Str, as there's another item for boosting Mag. I changed the description, thanks for reporting.

Nobody has left comments on the Tower chapter yet... hmm. I'm curious to listen to your opinions.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

^^

Thanks for pointing that out! I confirm that any new release will be compatible with the v.1.5 saves.

Thanks for liking the details ^^ There's much work put into those Info command entries, especially by Wayward Winds. He really helped me out a lot.

And yes, you'll be able to make those potions, and weapons, as soon as forging is introduced in v.2.0.

As for the Luckos Fang, that was a mistake on my part. It's meant to boost only Str, as there's another item for boosting Mag. I changed the description, thanks for reporting.

Nobody has left comments on the Tower chapter yet... hmm. I'm curious to listen to your opinions.

Don't really know what to say about the Tower... I kinda got rekt since I forgot to manage my equipment and then proceeded to get mobbed due to my carelessness >.>

The map design is pretty fair imo, it doesn't encourage rushing too quickly due to reinforcement events and discourages a slug's pace with the bases.

All I need to do is strike some deal with the RNGoddess to stop giving me mono hp level ups ;-;

I do wonder what Anna was doing near the entrance though.

I do wonder what Anna was doing near the entrance though.

That's obese Anna for the record. (she has a Constitution stat of 25!) We'll change the mug properly when the time comes.

Anyway, she's guarding something in that room. You'll have to find a way to pass, and have a nice reward.

In the current patch that's impossible, though.

Like before, I've enjoyed playing this. This patch is better obviously haha! I'm an experienced FE player, and I struggled sometimes, it was so awesome to have difficulty like that!

I didn't see any bug, so perfect. But at the end of this patch, I've lost a lot of weapons like in Sacred Stones so..That's the only annoying thing for me, because some characters don't have any weapons left. (light magic, I look at you)

I look forward to the next patch!

Like before, I've enjoyed playing this. This patch is better obviously haha! I'm an experienced FE player, and I struggled sometimes, it was so awesome to have difficulty like that!

I didn't see any bug, so perfect. But at the end of this patch, I've lost a lot of weapons like in Sacred Stones so..That's the only annoying thing for me, because some characters don't have any weapons left. (light magic, I look at you)

I look forward to the next patch!

Dear metakirby, thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you've liked the hack so far!

Should you come back, would you mind sending me your save via PM? It'd help balancing the army supplies in the future.

This also applies to everybody else experiencing a lack of weapons for certain characters. Send me your saves, please.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Time for a bit of a silly question...were growths for characters changed at all (besides the obvious str/mag split now)? I've been tossing around the idea of doing a screenshot lp and, back in ver 1.2 or whatever that I recorded videos for, Ended up having the growths for pretty much each character that joined during the first portion of the game and threw them into my video descriptions. If they haven't been changed much, it'd help (Asking you for the exact growths is probably a bit much considering this update just came out).

That being said, I only dinked around with the Prologue, but it still has that same charm as it did back when I played the last version of this hack. Fa's new personal battle theme is very fitting (I'm inclined to believe it comes from Kingdom Hearts II? Sounds like the 13th Struggle or very close to it).

Just finished. Here are my thoughts on Difficult mode (gameplay only).

Prologue was pretty methodical, there's not much room for creativity in the strategy. That said, it's the freaking prologue chapter so whatever.

Chapter 1 is so good! Once the first enemies show up, the chapter flows really well and becomes challenging when Cristoph and Rya appear because you have to rush over there to recruit them.

I'm not a big fan of Chapter 2 because it seems like one of those chapters that's meant to be played more than once. Recruiting Menmus is pretty simple, but after that I kinda just took my time, not realizing I had a turn limit to recruit Cattleya as well. Maybe it's more intuitive than I'm giving it credit for, but yeah, I ended up skipping Cattleya completely because I didn't wanna play the chapter a 3rd time. Ended up not being that big of a deal, though Chapter 3 was considerably harder than it would have been if I had her.

Chapter 3 was pretty good. Not having Cattleya made me have to replay it many times though; it really discourages you from going fast. Once you get past the ambush spawns and the northern wyverns, you can just take your time and let Shiori handle the Holy Fire Mages, which is what I did.

Chapter 4 was one that I overestimated difficulty-wise. I beat it way under the time limit, and this is difficult mode. If there's any chapter you should increase in difficulty, it's this one. But... just increasing enemy density isn't the way to do it. Maybe make Garion spawn farther west so you have to slow down to get him; doing that would also make the western enemies an actual threat. I just ignored all the enemies to the west.

Chapter 5 was... well chapter 5. Not much to say about it. It's a great concept for a level. I kinda expected it to be a restart-fest, but the puzzle itself was actually pretty intuitive, and there was only one arbitrary game over (and the game warns you about it). Plus, the chapter gives you plenty of turns to spare, I believe I 100%'d it in 21 turns (which isn't even the fastest, right?).

Chapter 5x was my personal favorite, I think. It's really creative. I thought the running away part was really easy to trivialize though. You can just put Weiss at the chokepoint while the other two kill the wyverns. Then again, that's prolly how you're supposed to do it.

Chapter 6 was very difficult in the beginning (I remember restarting a lot until I figured out a specific set of moves that needed to happen on the first three turns), but devolved into bait and switch at the end. Making the enemies all charge at you was a good solution though, it ended the chapter quickly without making it drag on too long. I derped at the very end and killed Sae'rah, but I don't really care. I like the little secrets in the mountains and waterfall. Getting the Physic staff is super important for the next two chapters.

Having seen Markyjoe's playthrough, I decided to hustle all my units to the east for Chapter 7. What happened was that Saai got left behind and murdered all the western enemies with ease, and then I just took my time from there. So yeah, I think that is the easiest strategy. I do like that you have to rush to get to Shiori, that was actually very difficult. But... once you get to the Vassalage room, it's just a matter of slowly getting all the chests. I think Fa and pals were waiting there for a solid 5 turns while I picked up the goodies. Pretty much my only complaint though, it's a great chapter.

Finally, I think I played Chapter 8 pretty normally. It wasn't all that bad. At this point in the game you have so many effective weapons and reaver weapons that the waves of demons are easily taken care of in enemy phase. In particular, having a trained Djambo and Hellios make this chapter super easy. Djambo with the Bonecrusher one-shots skeletons (reliably, I might add. cristoph and garion would struggle to hit most of them), and Hellios can wield a variety of swords to make taking out creatures easier (Solaris, Hook Blade, Lancereaver, Zanbato). I sent Weiss to get the house because he takes 0 damage from the hounds. Fa was one-rounded by a trained Andre with Holy Fire.

As for balance, this game loves to shit on flying units, doesn't it? XD I attempted to train Menmus (got him to level 9) but he just sucked so bad. Schwarz was decent for like 1 chapter but then he just fell of immediately. Cristoph and Garion were also terrible. My best units were Hellios, Andre, Faratrass, Weiss, Caepana, Puledra and Rya. I did use Djambo but he was only decent, and only because I babied him. Rya was also just decent for the first half of it, but she turned out to be really useful once she got the Napalm Shot. Weiss was Weiss, but I think he got speed-screwed. Caepana ran out of Klingensturm in 5x, but was still hella useful. Nothing needs to be said about Hellios, Andre, Fa, and Puledra, they're just good units.

And Shiori... I don't really know what the deal is with her, since she was level 20 and all. She turns out the same for everyone I guess.

Maybe all of that is common knowledge, but I figured I'd get my thoughts out there and maybe help you try and improve the game a little. So there ya go.

TL;DR Missed out on Cattleya and Sae'rah and still had an okay time handling it

Btw this is the best rom hack ever

When I played the first release of Midnight Sun, the last chapter I believed I completed was Chapter 5. Nothing to do with the uniqueness of Chapter 5--in fact, I find it really good--but... I guess I lost interest? However, with 1.6 released I decided to give it another go. So here are my impressions on Difficult mode:

[spoiler=Chapters]

Prologue: Nothing fancy here. Standard fare, really. Don't think there's much else to comment on

Chapter 1: I like the flow of reinforcements and the urgency to recruit Rya and Cristoph when they appear. There was a brief moment of tenseness, but I managed to do it on my first go

Chapter 2: Again, nothing too exciting here. I like how the game tells you that Cattleya spawns when the boss dies, giving the player a sense of urgency

Chapter 3: Maybe it's just me, but the first-turn reinforcements over where Shiori and Faratrass are caught me by surprise, immediately giving me a reset. I guess Shiori does hint at this (if I recall correctly, she tells Fa to stay back). I imagined they would have spawned on the second turn at the earliest. But, like I said, it might just be me. Other than that, it's a nice, somewhat difficult chapter. Not used to moving at a snail's pace, but then again I wasn't using Hellios, so maybe that's why my units were barely advancing

Chapter 4: Not much to note here. Nice chapter. Managed to complete it on turn 11

Chapter 5: Love this chapter. Managed to get all the items in time. I hope there's more chapters in the upcoming versions that match the uniqueness of this chapter

Chapter 5x: Creative and challenging, until the retreat segment. I was expecting the chapter to end when all three units escaped, not just the one. But hey, whatever makes my life easier. Won't lie, I had to reset a few times at the start. Liked this chapter a lot

Chapter 6: Oh boy, the initial enemy wave in this chapter's difficult. Managed to do it by having Schwarz and Menmus over by where the two small houses are, and the rest heading south. Sae'rah's recruitment is creative, though having an adult head into her mother's house only to have her say "get a younger person in here so I can tell them and only them how to pacify my daughter" confused me. I know Sae'rah says at the start that she doesn't like adults, but I think recruiting her is pretty specific. If talking to her mother is mandatory (I never tested this, admittedly, though given what's said, I would have thought it is mandatory), then perhaps have her tell anyone who enters her house that Sae'rah will only listen to a youngster, but only give the youngsters the ability to recruit her, if that makes sense. It's not a huge complaint by any means, but I thought I'd share my feelings. Other than that, it's a good chapter. The hidden goodies were a nice feature!

Chapter 7: The start of this chapter was really hard. Again, I didn't use Hellios, so maybe that's why. I found myself using the green units as walls and shields over in the east, so of course they didn't last long. Well apart from a single Soldier, who lasted a good 11 turns or so. What a trooper! There were times resets would have happened if my Shiori wasn't equipped with the Elixir from Chapter 5x. Maybe I was just unlucky with the RNG, but that raised an eyebrow on more than one occasion. Being equipped with potentially only 4 Tonics at best (player's choice, mind you) seems pretty bad, in my opinion, considering she has to hold her own against a fair few enemies. But, like I said, perhaps I was just seriously unlucky, even when she was strictly only on the pillar tiles. Other than that, I found this chapter well-designed and challenging. The boss sure gave me a scare! Luckily Rya was close by :P:

Chapter 8: Just an all-around good chapter. The game punishes slow/cautious players by spawning the units with max stats where the player starts, which I found nice. Just a really nice chapter to play

Tower of Valni 2: Again, a nice, well-designed map. I managed to secure one of the bases by the time the reinforcements appeared. Could have been three, but I forgot the stairs acted as bases too. Just glad I never went in that room to begin with. Menmus choked the reinforcements from the left fort and bottom centre, with the help of Rya and Puledra ; Weiss handled the Troubadours and some of the Mages (Holy Badge, ahoy); and the rest handled the other reinforcements. I just wonder what the Lunar Sigil is going to do!

[spoiler=Units (legitimate spoilers in here)]Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of Faratrass, since I chose Shiori's route. But she was a hard-hitting magic user, who took physical hits really well. Really helped in Chapter 6, with Oblumbra OHKOing all the Knights. Solid unit overall

Hellios: Hellios is good, but since I already knew he wasn't a permanent playable unit, I told myself not to deploy him in any chapters I thought I didn't have to use him in. He was level 3 by the end. That being said, he's a really good unit, who made Chapters 2, 3, and 8 a lot easier for me

GrXdiDb.png

Love Rya. Being able to hit on both the physical side and the magical side is a huge boon, and her decent stats in both Strength and Magic, in conjunction with her high Speed, meant she was usually chipping enemies down to the low HPs, if not just outright killing them. Once she gets going--which doesn't take long, thanks to the boost in EXP bow-locked units see to get in this game--she's a menace. Fantastic unit

OQVqRDR.png

I remember my first Cristoph being really good, and this one is clearly trying to follow suit. With a Steel Axe equipped, this man was killing the enemy Soldiers in the Tower of Valni in two hits. And he could double 'em. Ouch. Always had a slot in the team, this man. Excellent unit

gdl2hqA.png

Now, I'll admit: I didn't use Andre when I fist played Midnight Sun. After completing this version, do I regret it? ... Not really. He's slow, but surprisingly tanky. He's only really on the team since I don't have anyone else better to use, but he's rather mediocre. Admittedly, though, he can hit hard against enemies with low Resistance

687Cn0M.png

Not really much to say here, is there? He's Puledra: average healing and useful against the undead. Physic was awesome, however

lrg34Xo.png

Menmus, Menmus... You can tank, but without the benefits from certain tiles, I'm questioning exactly how useful you're going to end up in the long run. He's been okay at best. The problem my one has is his reliance on inaccurate/Steel weapons, despite his high Skill. And Iron weapons don't deal enough damage for my liking. Despite that, he does his role rather well, so I guess he's decent

30DKMx8.png

Okay, at first, I didn't like Cattleya. Her usefulness in Chapter 3 is unquestionable, but outside of that she never seemed to perform amazingly well. That is, until Chapter 8. I guess with all the axe users (and my hesitance on using Hellios), Cattleya kicked it up a notch, since Weiss was going to the house in the bottom right. Her levels were springing up, and so were her stats. By the end, she was one of my best units. A good unit. I thought her base 6 Con was pretty naff at first, but it ultimately didn't end up being a problem--and that's before I increased it

5PzEP5s.png

Chapters 5x and 8 are all made easier because of Shiori. Her personal weapon, Judgelight, is fantastic. Unfortunately, due to being level 20 until the route split, I tried to use her as little as a could. Which is a shame, since she might be my favourite character in the game. Cristoph and Rya both offers serious competition! When the route split happens, she turns into a nice Magic user. Though, since my only experience with her so far is in the Tower of Valni 2 map, which only has Anima users as their offensive Magic users... Eh, she did nice chip damage. And soaked up their damage reasonably well

IDXenuJ.png

I really don't know what to think about Garion. He's usually the one holding Mars, which makes him a bit more useful. His high Skill meant he could use the Bonecrusher rather well in Chapters 7 and 8, making him a niche user there. But, outside of that, he hasn't really done much. Considering benching him, although I love Berserkers. But yeah, he really doesn't do much

atBMsaw.png

I didn't want yet another axe user alongside Cristoph, Menmus, and Garion, so I never bothered using Djambo

vDKJGv2.png

Chapter 5 and 6 aside, I never used Schwarz. He seems well, on the basis that he's a flying unit, but his low Skill and Luck make me question if he's worth using or not. I guess it's too late for that now! His character is great, though

KgVQyAR.png

oh man, oh man

This can't be right, right? 15 Strength on a Troubadour? This girl puts Cattleya to shame with the sword. And she heals! And is mounted! Gosh, calm down, woman. Seriously, though, a second staff user was extremely appreciated, and Ceapana is fantastic at healing. She's also good on the offensive and needs to be promoted right now

nA8fRJ1.png

Shiori knows all the good units, I swear. Weiss. Is. Amazing. He's hits hard; he has the Skill to use axes well; and his Con means his low-ish Speed isn't penalised when using the Steel Sword, allowing for some nice damage! This man with the Agile Axe... damn. Could well be my best unit

NrZKmEt.png

She's had little room to grow, admittedly, but she hasn't done too much yet. I was hoping for Cavalier when she got to level 10 as a Recruit, but I guess her promotion options make more sense. Will keep using

C1Hcm0i.png

Le-roof? Le-ruff? I don't know, but I like this man! I haven't used him too much, but he seems like a great unit. Why is a Thief this strong? This man could have gotten the Solaris by himself, I'm pretty sure. Well, maybe

Just one final thing: I love the idea of red fonts giving hints and the Information menu giving the whole world more life. It's really neat, and I hope you expand on it

Edited by DodgeDusk

Wait... so actually, people are able to go into the tower? I hope I didn't understood something wrong here, because after the fight against Fa and where the Group splits up, there is nothing to do, either it shuts down or at tower I get black screen D:

When I played the first release of Midnight Sun, the last chapter I believed I completed was Chapter 5. Nothing to do with the uniqueness of Chapter 5--in fact, I find it really good--but... I guess I lost interest? However, with 1.6 released I decided to give it another go. So here are my impressions on Difficult mode:

[spoiler=Chapters]

Prologue: Nothing fancy here. Standard fare, really. Don't think there's much else to comment on

Chapter 1: I like the flow of reinforcements and the urgency to recruit Rya and Cristoph when they appear. There was a brief moment of tenseness, but I managed to do it on my first go

Chapter 2: Again, nothing too exciting here. I like how the game tells you that Cattleya spawns when the boss dies, giving the player a sense of urgency

Chapter 3: Maybe it's just me, but the first-turn reinforcements over where Shiori and Faratrass are caught me by surprise, immediately giving me a reset. I guess Shiori does hint at this (if I recall correctly, she tells Fa to stay back). I imagined they would have spawned on the second turn at the earliest. But, like I said, it might just be me. Other than that, it's a nice, somewhat difficult chapter. Not used to moving at a snail's pace, but then again I wasn't using Hellios, so maybe that's why my units were barely advancing

Chapter 4: Not much to note here. Nice chapter. Managed to complete it on turn 11

Chapter 5: Love this chapter. Managed to get all the items in time. I hope there's more chapters in the upcoming versions that match the uniqueness of this chapter

Chapter 5x: Creative and challenging, until the retreat segment. I was expecting the chapter to end when all three units escaped, not just the one. But hey, whatever makes my life easier. Won't lie, I had to reset a few times at the start. Liked this chapter a lot

Chapter 6: Oh boy, the initial enemy wave in this chapter's difficult. Managed to do it by having Schwarz and Menmus over by where the two small houses are, and the rest heading south. Sae'rah's recruitment is creative, though having an adult head into her mother's house only to have her say "get a younger person in here so I can tell them and only them how to pacify my daughter" confused me. I know Sae'rah says at the start that she doesn't like adults, but I think recruiting her is pretty specific. If talking to her mother is mandatory (I never tested this, admittedly, though given what's said, I would have thought it is mandatory), then perhaps have her tell anyone who enters her house that Sae'rah will only listen to a youngster, but only give the youngsters the ability to recruit her, if that makes sense. It's not a huge complaint by any means, but I thought I'd share my feelings. Other than that, it's a good chapter. The hidden goodies were a nice feature!

Chapter 7: The start of this chapter was really hard. Again, I didn't use Hellios, so maybe that's why. I found myself using the green units as walls and shields over in the east, so of course they didn't last long. Well apart from a single Soldier, who lasted a good 11 turns or so. What a trooper! There were times resets would have happened if my Shiori wasn't equipped with the Elixir from Chapter 5x. Maybe I was just unlucky with the RNG, but that raised an eyebrow on more than one occasion. Being equipped with potentially only 4 Tonics at best (player's choice, mind you) seems pretty bad, in my opinion, considering she has to hold her own against a fair few enemies. But, like I said, perhaps I was just seriously unlucky, even when she was strictly only on the pillar tiles. Other than that, I found this chapter well-designed and challenging. The boss sure gave me a scare! Luckily Rya was close by :P:

Chapter 8: Just an all-around good chapter. The game punishes slow/cautious players by spawning the units with max stats where the player starts, which I found nice. Just a really nice chapter to play

Tower of Valni 2: Again, a nice, well-designed map. I managed to secure one of the bases by the time the reinforcements appeared. Could have been three, but I forgot the stairs acted as bases too. Just glad I never went in that room to begin with. Menmus choked the reinforcements from the left fort and bottom centre, with the help of Rya and Puledra ; Weiss handled the Troubadours and some of the Mages (Holy Badge, ahoy); and the rest handled the other reinforcements. I just wonder what the Lunar Sigil is going to do!

[spoiler=Units (legitimate spoilers in here)]Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of Faratrass, since I chose Shiori's route. But she was a hard-hitting magic user, who took physical hits really well. Really helped in Chapter 6, with Oblumbra OHKOing all the Knights. Solid unit overall

Hellios: Hellios is good, but since I already knew he wasn't a permanent playable unit, I told myself not to deploy him in any chapters I thought I didn't have to use him in. He was level 3 by the end. That being said, he's a really good unit, who made Chapters 2, 3, and 8 a lot easier for me

GrXdiDb.png

Love Rya. Being able to hit on both the physical side and the magical side is a huge boon, and her decent stats in both Strength and Magic, in conjunction with her high Speed, meant she was usually chipping enemies down to the low HPs, if not just outright killing them. Once she gets going--which doesn't take long, thanks to the boost in EXP bow-locked units see to get in this game--she's a menace. Fantastic unit

OQVqRDR.png

I remember my first Cristoph being really good, and this one is clearly trying to follow suit. With a Steel Axe equipped, this man was killing the enemy Soldiers in the Tower of Valni in two hits. And he could double 'em. Ouch. Always had a slot in the team, this man. Excellent unit

gdl2hqA.png

Now, I'll admit: I didn't use Andre when I fist played Midnight Sun. After completing this version, do I regret it? ... Not really. He's slow, but surprisingly tanky. He's only really on the team since I don't have anyone else better to use, but he's rather mediocre. Admittedly, though, he can hit hard against enemies with low Resistance

687Cn0M.png

Not really much to say here, is there? He's Puledra: average healing and useful against the undead. Physic was awesome, however

lrg34Xo.png

Menmus, Menmus... You can tank, but without the benefits from certain tiles, I'm questioning exactly how useful you're going to end up in the long run. He's been okay at best. The problem my one has is his reliance on inaccurate/Steel weapons, despite his high Skill. And Iron weapons don't deal enough damage for my liking. Despite that, he does his role rather well, so I guess he's decent

30DKMx8.png

Okay, at first, I didn't like Cattleya. Her usefulness in Chapter 3 is unquestionable, but outside of that she never seemed to perform amazingly well. That is, until Chapter 8. I guess with all the axe users (and my hesitance on using Hellios), Cattleya kicked it up a notch, since Weiss was going to the house in the bottom right. Her levels were springing up, and so were her stats. By the end, she was one of my best units. A good unit. I thought her base 6 Con was pretty naff at first, but it ultimately didn't end up being a problem--and that's before I increased it

5PzEP5s.png

Chapters 5x and 8 are all made easier because of Shiori. Her personal weapon, Judgelight, is fantastic. Unfortunately, due to being level 20 until the route split, I tried to use her as little as a could. Which is a shame, since she might be my favourite character in the game. Cristoph and Rya both offers serious competition! When the route split happens, she turns into a nice Magic user. Though, since my only experience with her so far is in the Tower of Valni 2 map, which only has Anima users as their offensive Magic users... Eh, she did nice chip damage. And soaked up their damage reasonably well

IDXenuJ.png

I really don't know what to think about Garion. He's usually the one holding Mars, which makes him a bit more useful. His high Skill meant he could use the Bonecrusher rather well in Chapters 7 and 8, making him a niche user there. But, outside of that, he hasn't really done much. Considering benching him, although I love Berserkers. But yeah, he really doesn't do much

atBMsaw.png

I didn't want yet another axe user alongside Cristoph, Menmus, and Garion, so I never bothered using Djambo

vDKJGv2.png

Chapter 5 and 6 aside, I never used Schwarz. He seems well, on the basis that he's a flying unit, but his low Skill and Luck make me question if he's worth using or not. I guess it's too late for that now! His character is great, though

KgVQyAR.png

oh man, oh man

This can't be right, right? 15 Strength on a Troubadour? This girl puts Cattleya to shame with the sword. And she heals! And is mounted! Gosh, calm down, woman. Seriously, though, a second staff user was extremely appreciated, and Ceapana is fantastic at healing. She's also good on the offensive and needs to be promoted right now

nA8fRJ1.png

Shiori knows all the good units, I swear. Weiss. Is. Amazing. He's hits hard; he has the Skill to use axes well; and his Con means his low-ish Speed isn't penalised when using the Steel Sword, allowing for some nice damage! This man with the Agile Axe... damn. Could well be my best unit

NrZKmEt.png

She's had little room to grow, admittedly, but she hasn't done too much yet. I was hoping for Cavalier when she got to level 10 as a Recruit, but I guess her promotion options make more sense. Will keep using

C1Hcm0i.png

Le-roof? Le-ruff? I don't know, but I like this man! I haven't used him too much, but he seems like a great unit. Why is a Thief this strong? This man could have gotten the Solaris by himself, I'm pretty sure. Well, maybe

Just one final thing: I love the idea of red fonts giving hints and the Information menu giving the whole world more life. It's really neat, and I hope you expand on it

Where did you got Djambo, Garion and Cattleya?

You missed a class when redoing the Str/Mag split growths:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-29%20at%2011.20.

Also I just completed the tower and it was really satisfying to learn that I could steal weapons. Now I gotta find someone who can use this Silver Lance...