[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Where did you got Djambo, Garion and Cattleya?

You get Garion in Chapter 4 if you talk to him before killing him in Chapter 3. If you recruit him in Chapter 4, you also get Djambo at the end of the chapter. Cattleya spawns in chapter 2 after you beat the boss, then you have to go talk to her with Menmus.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cattleya spawns in chapter 2 after you beat the boss, then you have to go talk to her with Menmus.

You can just kill the Boss, and she will automatically join at the end of the chapter.

You can just kill the Boss, and she will automatically join at the end of the chapter.

but you do need menmus recruited or you cant recruit Cattleya

You get Garion in Chapter 4 if you talk to him before killing him in Chapter 3. If you recruit him in Chapter 4, you also get Djambo at the end of the chapter. Cattleya spawns in chapter 2 after you beat the boss, then you have to go talk to her with Menmus.

Nothing of those things were able to be done.. ._. I guess I have to play it again aaaand I just can't go into the tower and I don't know why.. D:

I don't think this new patch has enough things in it for me to create a new LP, but I might very well do an "update" video where I talk about the changes, if that is okay with you Alfred!

V2.0 should get interesting

I really like the green glow, but I hope that the skill itself will also activate a special sound to give it that "umpf" feeling. The standard "skill activate" animation used in Fe8 would work well (even better if it is green instead of white).

Edited by Mangs

thanx for this, Pwntagonist! i didn't know about the secret/extra charters or how to get them until this :)

in my v1.2 of MD play i missed these (i didn't know about them or such)

also, I'm on v1.5 (will up to v1.6) sav transfer etc. I'm on CP five and i noicted this weird thing: not sure if it was in v1.2 (I'm sure it'll be fixed in v1.6?)

post-20206-0-87510600-1456923669_thumb.jpg

post-20206-0-34147600-1456923671_thumb.jpg

why is Faratras's HP 9/9? in Ch 3-4 it wasn't? a glitch?

or does GPSP emu on psp cause this glitch?

Edited by IkeBoyDude

My memories clouded me.

I thought I could get Garion already, if Faratrass only had the boss conversation with him... but there was none. (he got attacked before)

When I saw his deathquote, I know sth. went wrong.

Just forgot that she had to talk to him.

So Djambo was eaten by the zombie after chapter 4.

Idc for them too much, because my Christoph is great. He's very fast and dodgy.

Anyways I could enjoy the most innovative chapter in FE again: The stealth mission

Even at the fourth time I absolutely enjoy it. It made my brain streaming. :P

In chapter 3 + 4 - huh?!

Idk.

Her entire stats were reduced ("weakened") after completing chapter 4, but not before.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Nothing of those things were able to be done.. ._. I guess I have to play it again aaaand I just can't go into the tower and I don't know why.. D:

When you were in the Prologue, was anything about new voices being added to the info section mentioned? Were you able to skip Munie talking about the history? Did Faratrass have her own battle theme? If not, it's possible that you need to try to patch it again.

I've noticed sth. new in chapter 5x, which really pissed me off honestly.

According to their movement range, the two paladin bosses Raymur and Asra don't move.

[spoiler=But when I was close in their attack range this happened]

3e3Vvn5.pngkJRvdFu.pngXhYi3gc.pngF6k3Nwn.pngDeIc55y.png1vWHx58.pngqEeqaD4.png

So hilarious this enemy phase was, I don't want to have any close death moments like this anymore. This RNG was way too merciful. lol

Im not big fan of the FE13 mechanic that the movement of stationary enemies is shown.

So much worse it's, if I got fooled like in this case.

Ambush spawning is ok (despite I don't like it either), but trolling me with moving stationary bosses goes too far for me!

I'm really sorry for this terrible language, but that's how I felt in this situation.

Well that's a bug with the "display stationary movement as 0" patch. I noticed the same thing with the Short Axe Knights in the tower.

Time for a bit of a silly question...were growths for characters changed at all (besides the obvious str/mag split now)? I've been tossing around the idea of doing a screenshot lp and, back in ver 1.2 or whatever that I recorded videos for, Ended up having the growths for pretty much each character that joined during the first portion of the game and threw them into my video descriptions. If they haven't been changed much, it'd help (Asking you for the exact growths is probably a bit much considering this update just came out).

That being said, I only dinked around with the Prologue, but it still has that same charm as it did back when I played the last version of this hack. Fa's new personal battle theme is very fitting (I'm inclined to believe it comes from Kingdom Hearts II? Sounds like the 13th Struggle or very close to it).

Thank you for the compliments.

Yeah, a screenshot LP would be very sweet. ^^

Also the growths were edited (and buffed) for this version. I'll give out the chart sooner or later.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-28%20at%204.45.4

Skirmish enemies got nasty... (so did the tower enemies for that matter)

14 Mt isn't really all that dangerous, though.

Just finished. Here are my thoughts on Difficult mode (gameplay only).

Prologue was pretty methodical, there's not much room for creativity in the strategy. That said, it's the freaking prologue chapter so whatever.

Chapter 1 is so good! Once the first enemies show up, the chapter flows really well and becomes challenging when Cristoph and Rya appear because you have to rush over there to recruit them.

I'm not a big fan of Chapter 2 because it seems like one of those chapters that's meant to be played more than once. Recruiting Menmus is pretty simple, but after that I kinda just took my time, not realizing I had a turn limit to recruit Cattleya as well. Maybe it's more intuitive than I'm giving it credit for, but yeah, I ended up skipping Cattleya completely because I didn't wanna play the chapter a 3rd time. Ended up not being that big of a deal, though Chapter 3 was considerably harder than it would have been if I had her.

Chapter 3 was pretty good. Not having Cattleya made me have to replay it many times though; it really discourages you from going fast. Once you get past the ambush spawns and the northern wyverns, you can just take your time and let Shiori handle the Holy Fire Mages, which is what I did.

Chapter 4 was one that I overestimated difficulty-wise. I beat it way under the time limit, and this is difficult mode. If there's any chapter you should increase in difficulty, it's this one. But... just increasing enemy density isn't the way to do it. Maybe make Garion spawn farther west so you have to slow down to get him; doing that would also make the western enemies an actual threat. I just ignored all the enemies to the west.

Chapter 5 was... well chapter 5. Not much to say about it. It's a great concept for a level. I kinda expected it to be a restart-fest, but the puzzle itself was actually pretty intuitive, and there was only one arbitrary game over (and the game warns you about it). Plus, the chapter gives you plenty of turns to spare, I believe I 100%'d it in 21 turns (which isn't even the fastest, right?).

Chapter 5x was my personal favorite, I think. It's really creative. I thought the running away part was really easy to trivialize though. You can just put Weiss at the chokepoint while the other two kill the wyverns. Then again, that's prolly how you're supposed to do it.

Chapter 6 was very difficult in the beginning (I remember restarting a lot until I figured out a specific set of moves that needed to happen on the first three turns), but devolved into bait and switch at the end. Making the enemies all charge at you was a good solution though, it ended the chapter quickly without making it drag on too long. I derped at the very end and killed Sae'rah, but I don't really care. I like the little secrets in the mountains and waterfall. Getting the Physic staff is super important for the next two chapters.

Having seen Markyjoe's playthrough, I decided to hustle all my units to the east for Chapter 7. What happened was that Saai got left behind and murdered all the western enemies with ease, and then I just took my time from there. So yeah, I think that is the easiest strategy. I do like that you have to rush to get to Shiori, that was actually very difficult. But... once you get to the Vassalage room, it's just a matter of slowly getting all the chests. I think Fa and pals were waiting there for a solid 5 turns while I picked up the goodies. Pretty much my only complaint though, it's a great chapter.

Finally, I think I played Chapter 8 pretty normally. It wasn't all that bad. At this point in the game you have so many effective weapons and reaver weapons that the waves of demons are easily taken care of in enemy phase. In particular, having a trained Djambo and Hellios make this chapter super easy. Djambo with the Bonecrusher one-shots skeletons (reliably, I might add. cristoph and garion would struggle to hit most of them), and Hellios can wield a variety of swords to make taking out creatures easier (Solaris, Hook Blade, Lancereaver, Zanbato). I sent Weiss to get the house because he takes 0 damage from the hounds. Fa was one-rounded by a trained Andre with Holy Fire.

As for balance, this game loves to shit on flying units, doesn't it? XD I attempted to train Menmus (got him to level 9) but he just sucked so bad. Schwarz was decent for like 1 chapter but then he just fell of immediately. Cristoph and Garion were also terrible. My best units were Hellios, Andre, Faratrass, Weiss, Caepana, Puledra and Rya. I did use Djambo but he was only decent, and only because I babied him. Rya was also just decent for the first half of it, but she turned out to be really useful once she got the Napalm Shot. Weiss was Weiss, but I think he got speed-screwed. Caepana ran out of Klingensturm in 5x, but was still hella useful. Nothing needs to be said about Hellios, Andre, Fa, and Puledra, they're just good units.

And Shiori... I don't really know what the deal is with her, since she was level 20 and all. She turns out the same for everyone I guess.

Maybe all of that is common knowledge, but I figured I'd get my thoughts out there and maybe help you try and improve the game a little. So there ya go.

TL;DR Missed out on Cattleya and Sae'rah and still had an okay time handling it

Btw this is the best rom hack ever

Many thanks for the massive feedback! It's -much- appreciated!

Mind that, by missing out on Sae'rah, you didn't get the soldier's letter in ch.6. Without that, the recruitment for a certain character in v.2.0 might get very nasty.

Could I also have your savefile to test the newer chapters?

The work you put in this hack is MASSIVE!

Good job Alf ^_^

Thank you, Xem! ^^

When I played the first release of Midnight Sun, the last chapter I believed I completed was Chapter 5. Nothing to do with the uniqueness of Chapter 5--in fact, I find it really good--but... I guess I lost interest? However, with 1.6 released I decided to give it another go. So here are my impressions on Difficult mode:

[spoiler=Chapters]

Prologue: Nothing fancy here. Standard fare, really. Don't think there's much else to comment on

Chapter 1: I like the flow of reinforcements and the urgency to recruit Rya and Cristoph when they appear. There was a brief moment of tenseness, but I managed to do it on my first go

Chapter 2: Again, nothing too exciting here. I like how the game tells you that Cattleya spawns when the boss dies, giving the player a sense of urgency

Chapter 3: Maybe it's just me, but the first-turn reinforcements over where Shiori and Faratrass are caught me by surprise, immediately giving me a reset. I guess Shiori does hint at this (if I recall correctly, she tells Fa to stay back). I imagined they would have spawned on the second turn at the earliest. But, like I said, it might just be me. Other than that, it's a nice, somewhat difficult chapter. Not used to moving at a snail's pace, but then again I wasn't using Hellios, so maybe that's why my units were barely advancing

Chapter 4: Not much to note here. Nice chapter. Managed to complete it on turn 11

Chapter 5: Love this chapter. Managed to get all the items in time. I hope there's more chapters in the upcoming versions that match the uniqueness of this chapter

Chapter 5x: Creative and challenging, until the retreat segment. I was expecting the chapter to end when all three units escaped, not just the one. But hey, whatever makes my life easier. Won't lie, I had to reset a few times at the start. Liked this chapter a lot

Chapter 6: Oh boy, the initial enemy wave in this chapter's difficult. Managed to do it by having Schwarz and Menmus over by where the two small houses are, and the rest heading south. Sae'rah's recruitment is creative, though having an adult head into her mother's house only to have her say "get a younger person in here so I can tell them and only them how to pacify my daughter" confused me. I know Sae'rah says at the start that she doesn't like adults, but I think recruiting her is pretty specific. If talking to her mother is mandatory (I never tested this, admittedly, though given what's said, I would have thought it is mandatory), then perhaps have her tell anyone who enters her house that Sae'rah will only listen to a youngster, but only give the youngsters the ability to recruit her, if that makes sense. It's not a huge complaint by any means, but I thought I'd share my feelings. Other than that, it's a good chapter. The hidden goodies were a nice feature!

Chapter 7: The start of this chapter was really hard. Again, I didn't use Hellios, so maybe that's why. I found myself using the green units as walls and shields over in the east, so of course they didn't last long. Well apart from a single Soldier, who lasted a good 11 turns or so. What a trooper! There were times resets would have happened if my Shiori wasn't equipped with the Elixir from Chapter 5x. Maybe I was just unlucky with the RNG, but that raised an eyebrow on more than one occasion. Being equipped with potentially only 4 Tonics at best (player's choice, mind you) seems pretty bad, in my opinion, considering she has to hold her own against a fair few enemies. But, like I said, perhaps I was just seriously unlucky, even when she was strictly only on the pillar tiles. Other than that, I found this chapter well-designed and challenging. The boss sure gave me a scare! Luckily Rya was close by :P:

Chapter 8: Just an all-around good chapter. The game punishes slow/cautious players by spawning the units with max stats where the player starts, which I found nice. Just a really nice chapter to play

Tower of Valni 2: Again, a nice, well-designed map. I managed to secure one of the bases by the time the reinforcements appeared. Could have been three, but I forgot the stairs acted as bases too. Just glad I never went in that room to begin with. Menmus choked the reinforcements from the left fort and bottom centre, with the help of Rya and Puledra ; Weiss handled the Troubadours and some of the Mages (Holy Badge, ahoy); and the rest handled the other reinforcements. I just wonder what the Lunar Sigil is going to do!

[spoiler=Units (legitimate spoilers in here)]Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of Faratrass, since I chose Shiori's route. But she was a hard-hitting magic user, who took physical hits really well. Really helped in Chapter 6, with Oblumbra OHKOing all the Knights. Solid unit overall

Hellios: Hellios is good, but since I already knew he wasn't a permanent playable unit, I told myself not to deploy him in any chapters I thought I didn't have to use him in. He was level 3 by the end. That being said, he's a really good unit, who made Chapters 2, 3, and 8 a lot easier for me

GrXdiDb.png

Love Rya. Being able to hit on both the physical side and the magical side is a huge boon, and her decent stats in both Strength and Magic, in conjunction with her high Speed, meant she was usually chipping enemies down to the low HPs, if not just outright killing them. Once she gets going--which doesn't take long, thanks to the boost in EXP bow-locked units see to get in this game--she's a menace. Fantastic unit

OQVqRDR.png

I remember my first Cristoph being really good, and this one is clearly trying to follow suit. With a Steel Axe equipped, this man was killing the enemy Soldiers in the Tower of Valni in two hits. And he could double 'em. Ouch. Always had a slot in the team, this man. Excellent unit

gdl2hqA.png

Now, I'll admit: I didn't use Andre when I fist played Midnight Sun. After completing this version, do I regret it? ... Not really. He's slow, but surprisingly tanky. He's only really on the team since I don't have anyone else better to use, but he's rather mediocre. Admittedly, though, he can hit hard against enemies with low Resistance

687Cn0M.png

Not really much to say here, is there? He's Puledra: average healing and useful against the undead. Physic was awesome, however

lrg34Xo.png

Menmus, Menmus... You can tank, but without the benefits from certain tiles, I'm questioning exactly how useful you're going to end up in the long run. He's been okay at best. The problem my one has is his reliance on inaccurate/Steel weapons, despite his high Skill. And Iron weapons don't deal enough damage for my liking. Despite that, he does his role rather well, so I guess he's decent

30DKMx8.png

Okay, at first, I didn't like Cattleya. Her usefulness in Chapter 3 is unquestionable, but outside of that she never seemed to perform amazingly well. That is, until Chapter 8. I guess with all the axe users (and my hesitance on using Hellios), Cattleya kicked it up a notch, since Weiss was going to the house in the bottom right. Her levels were springing up, and so were her stats. By the end, she was one of my best units. A good unit. I thought her base 6 Con was pretty naff at first, but it ultimately didn't end up being a problem--and that's before I increased it

5PzEP5s.png

Chapters 5x and 8 are all made easier because of Shiori. Her personal weapon, Judgelight, is fantastic. Unfortunately, due to being level 20 until the route split, I tried to use her as little as a could. Which is a shame, since she might be my favourite character in the game. Cristoph and Rya both offers serious competition! When the route split happens, she turns into a nice Magic user. Though, since my only experience with her so far is in the Tower of Valni 2 map, which only has Anima users as their offensive Magic users... Eh, she did nice chip damage. And soaked up their damage reasonably well

IDXenuJ.png

I really don't know what to think about Garion. He's usually the one holding Mars, which makes him a bit more useful. His high Skill meant he could use the Bonecrusher rather well in Chapters 7 and 8, making him a niche user there. But, outside of that, he hasn't really done much. Considering benching him, although I love Berserkers. But yeah, he really doesn't do much

atBMsaw.png

I didn't want yet another axe user alongside Cristoph, Menmus, and Garion, so I never bothered using Djambo

vDKJGv2.png

Chapter 5 and 6 aside, I never used Schwarz. He seems well, on the basis that he's a flying unit, but his low Skill and Luck make me question if he's worth using or not. I guess it's too late for that now! His character is great, though

KgVQyAR.png

oh man, oh man

This can't be right, right? 15 Strength on a Troubadour? This girl puts Cattleya to shame with the sword. And she heals! And is mounted! Gosh, calm down, woman. Seriously, though, a second staff user was extremely appreciated, and Ceapana is fantastic at healing. She's also good on the offensive and needs to be promoted right now

nA8fRJ1.png

Shiori knows all the good units, I swear. Weiss. Is. Amazing. He's hits hard; he has the Skill to use axes well; and his Con means his low-ish Speed isn't penalised when using the Steel Sword, allowing for some nice damage! This man with the Agile Axe... damn. Could well be my best unit

NrZKmEt.png

She's had little room to grow, admittedly, but she hasn't done too much yet. I was hoping for Cavalier when she got to level 10 as a Recruit, but I guess her promotion options make more sense. Will keep using

C1Hcm0i.png

Le-roof? Le-ruff? I don't know, but I like this man! I haven't used him too much, but he seems like a great unit. Why is a Thief this strong? This man could have gotten the Solaris by himself, I'm pretty sure. Well, maybe

Just one final thing: I love the idea of red fonts giving hints and the Information menu giving the whole world more life. It's really neat, and I hope you expand on it

Thank you for the huge feedback! ^^

Hopefully we'll see more use of the red text in v.2.0.

I can't really do much about the Sae'rah recruitment, it wouldn't make sense for her to follow the youngsters if they didn't know about her father in the first place.

Also, can I have your savefile? It'll sure help for further testing of the newer chapters.

You missed a class when redoing the Str/Mag split growths:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-29%20at%2011.20.

Also I just completed the tower and it was really satisfying to learn that I could steal weapons. Now I gotta find someone who can use this Silver Lance...

Thanks, corrected and updated the patch!

Nope, you can't talk to Cattleya with Menmus. Faratrass clearly says to stay away from her.

You have to kill the boss and keep Menmus alive (either as an enemy or an ally) to recruit Cattleya.

Also I don't think anybody knows, but you can also autorecruit Menmus by keeping him alive until the end of the chapter.

I don't think this new patch has enough things in it for me to create a new LP, but I might very well do an "update" video where I talk about the changes, if that is okay with you Alfred!

Yeah, that's perfect!

It's also what I suggested to you on Skype some days ago, to be honest.

thanx for this, Pwntagonist! i didn't know about the secret/extra charters or how to get them until this :)

in my v1.2 of MD play i missed these (i didn't know about them or such)

also, I'm on v1.5 (will up to v1.6) sav transfer etc. I'm on CP five and i noicted this weird thing: not sure if it was in v1.2 (I'm sure it'll be fixed in v1.6?)

It's not a glitch (I'm writing this big to make sure everybody notices it), but I suppose you skipped the text and didn't notice the whole "Fa has weakened" thing I've added.

She just gets her stats back at the end of chapter 5 (and again, I wrote that).

It's also in the "Known Bugs.txt".

89a13d32006f0ded58b8a5515292b7d7.png

You probably didn't patch the game correctly.

You have to patch it to a clean ROM, not to v.1.2.

I've noticed sth. new in chapter 5x, which really pissed me off honestly.

According to their movement range, the two paladin bosses Raymur and Asra don't move.

[spoiler=But when I was close in their attack range this happened]

3e3Vvn5.pngkJRvdFu.pngXhYi3gc.pngF6k3Nwn.pngDeIc55y.png1vWHx58.pngqEeqaD4.png

So hilarious this enemy phase was, I don't want to have any close death moments like this anymore. This RNG was way too merciful. lol

Im not big fan of the FE13 mechanic that the movement of stationary enemies is shown.

So much worse it's, if I got fooled like in this case.

Ambush spawning is ok (despite I don't like it either), but trolling me with moving stationary bosses goes too far for me!

I'm really sorry for this terrible language, but that's how I felt in this situation.

It's highly functional to not show the Mov range of enemies that are supposed to, well, not move. Otherwise players tend to play safe around those units when they really shouldn't.

This is the only exception, because the bosses' AI changes through the battle, but it's also true that it's strongly implied in the dialogue. Asra says "I'll kill them if they dare to come any closer!". And when the AI changes, if you pay attention to it, you'll see that their Mov range has been updated and displays "8".

Well that's a bug with the "display stationary movement as 0" patch. I noticed the same thing with the Short Axe Knights in the tower.

Not a bug, read above.

Also at this point I'm almost sure 90% of you didn't get the soldier's letter. XP

I'll take that into account.

P.S. You can access the tower with Fa.

fa_tower.png
So I don't know what happened to those who said you can't get into the tower in Fa's route. If you can replicate the problem, give me more info. Also make sure you've patched the game correctly.
Edited by Alfred Kamon

I got the soldiers letter .... It does kind of tip you off with a death quote from a Mook. *sigh* Reset.

That's horrible but predictable, by the way. Utopia is actually a Distopia!

Comments: I enjoyed the update a lot more than I remember when i played the original. This may be because I'm a bette player now, so I don't use save states, and don't constantly walk into ambushes, or get crit'd. Side note though: Ah, Chapter Seven. Hmm, let's scout beyond those allied wyverns and ... PAIR OF BONE ARCHERS?! There go my allies. Can I kill them? Nope. Too much health. Thank you for keeping me on my feet. I enjoy it.

Is there a way to beat Chapter 4 without Memnus? I assume there is, but I have no idea how to.

Edited by StWalker

I got the soldiers letter .... It does kind of tip you off with a death quote from a Mook. *sigh* Reset.

That's horrible but predictable, by the way. Utopia is actually a Distopia!

Comments: I enjoyed the update a lot more than I remember when i played the original. This may be because I'm a bette player now, so I don't use save states, and don't constantly walk into ambushes, or get crit'd. Side note though: Ah, Chapter Seven. Hmm, let's scout beyond those allied wyverns and ... PAIR OF BONE ARCHERS?! There go my allies. Can I kill them? Nope. Too much health. Thank you for keeping me on my feet. I enjoy it.

Is there a way to beat Chapter 4 without Memnus? I assume there is, but I have no idea how to.

Thank you for you feedback. Yeah, that letter also is some kind of preview of what you'll see in Lazulis... "Distopia" defines it well!

Glad you liked the difficulty. x)

By the way, did you mean chapter 5? You can beat it with Schwarz, without Menmus. But you won't be able to get all of the items.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Thank you for you feedback. Yeah, that letter also is some kind of preview of what you'll see in Lazulis... "Distopia" defines it well!

You mean the letter from the guy that flirts with Sae'rah in her recruitment chapter right? I think that's a really cool bonus feature.

I kind of noticed by chance that Sae'rah and that soldier had a conversation, so maybe it's not too obvious enough?

Thank you for the compliments.

Yeah, a screenshot LP would be very sweet. ^^

Also the growths were edited (and buffed) for this version. I'll give out the chart sooner or later.

Good to know! Got a video lp I want to wrap up first, then I'll start focusing on that. If the growth sheet isn't out by then, no worries. I can just edit them in when they are made available.

You mean the letter from the guy that flirts with Sae'rah in her recruitment chapter right? I think that's a really cool bonus feature.

I kind of noticed by chance that Sae'rah and that soldier had a conversation, so maybe it's not too obvious enough?

Also at this point I'm almost sure 90% of you didn't get the soldier's letter.

Well, it does require players to use a tier 0 character in a rather heated battle, which not everyone is willing to do. And then there's the fact it requires her specifically to engage that particular soldier and both of them to survive the first round of combat. If Sae'rah has pulled back for healing and someone else takes him out, or if she gets a lucky crit. in the first round, it's goodbye letter!

(I haven't personally reached that point yet, so it may not be as bad as that. I'm still monster hunting back in Ch. 4.)

So to get the Soldier's Letter, Sae'rah has to engage in battle with that soldier, with both of them surviving? Do you get it then, or the end of the chapter?

As far as I'm aware. Providing they both survive the first round, they strike up a conversation then and there which ends with him giving her the letter (it should show up as an entry in the Guide immediately after). Once that's done, anyone can off the soldier.

And as Alfred mentioned, the letter is apparently going to be important in recruit someone on Fa's route. I don't know the specifics, but the letter mentions her by name.

Well, it shouldn't be obvious, it's some kind of secret!

In the "Find Fa" chapter, I've always beaten it by kiting the boss with Cattleya + Hellios, then airlifting her out with Memnus. Is there another way?

You can also go in the area where the boss was with any of your characters. People may have not recruited Menmus or he could be dead, so it'd be a poor design choice to make him essential for the completion of the chapter.

Here's my save file (no cattleya, no sae'rah):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmox4ewyzz1uz7b/Pwntagonist%27s%20save%20file.sav?dl=0

And yeah... seems I was completely wrong about how to recruit Cattleya. Oh well.

Thanks! :)

As far as I'm aware. Providing they both survive the first round, they strike up a conversation then and there which ends with him giving her the letter (it should show up as an entry in the Guide immediately after). Once that's done, anyone can off the soldier.

And as Alfred mentioned, the letter is apparently going to be important in recruit someone on Fa's route. I don't know the specifics, but the letter mentions her by name.

Yup, it's Melissa!

Thank you for pointing that out, Ashley.

I'd also like to add that you can get the letter by simply taking to the soldier. The auto-triggered dialogue after the battle is just another way of getting it.

There's a bug where Andre's magic is shown to be 0, and Puledra's 1, but it doesn't correspond to their appropriate damage.attachicon.gifbug1.pngattachicon.gifbug2.pngattachicon.gifbug3.pngattachicon.gifbug4.png

You're mistaking Str for Mag.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

It's not a glitch (I'm writing this big to make sure everybody notices it), but I suppose you skipped the text and didn't notice the whole "Fa has weakened" thing I've added.

She just gets her stats back at the end of chapter 5 (and again, I wrote that).

It's also in the "Known Bugs.txt".

89a13d32006f0ded58b8a5515292b7d7.png

whoops, sorry i missed the known bugs.txt file :(

i'll be more careful and read the all the info files next time :P