[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=chapter 2 recruitment]I was tipped off by the fact they had custom mugs, and you were seemingly putting custom priority on playable characters....

That was smart. :3

Do I get anything for visiting those two houses in Chapter 1?

[spoiler=chapter 1]An iron sword and a tonic.

and dat Zelda music

Edited by Alfred Kamon

This is incredible work Alfred, I'm on chapter 4, and the range of music is excellent. The gameplay is really varied and interesting too :D

You have to help us out with music for Shatterlight after first release >:D

Edited by Haku

Everytime I get a game over on Chapter 5, when I try to restart the mission it does not load the chapter at all. I didn't even get the croissant yet, but it seems to happen no matter how you get a game over. Not only that, but if you do restart before the croissant, you're not able to enter any building at all.

Edited by Rokklaggio

I was tipped off by the fact they had custom mugs, and you were seemingly putting custom priority on playable characters....

This.

Also the red text does a really good job of implying what to do.

Hellios is Seth level overpowered though.

Really nice choices of music, and interesting gameplay mechanics so far. The mix of the FF6 Empire theme is really soft, though.

Edited by Siuloir

I'm looking forward to read your desperate comments on chapter 5

oh god why

i beat it but i want both of the villages ahhhhhhhhh

Edited by SB.

Chapter 4 cleared after a couple attempts, but one question:

On my first try Garion spawned somehow and I recruited him, but on the successful clear he didn't spawn, with the Journeyman appearing and getting instakilled by one of the entombeds. How do I flag Garion to appear?

This is incredible work Alfred, I'm on chapter 4, and the range of music is excellent. The gameplay is really varied and interesting too :D

You have to help us out with music for Shatterlight after first release >:D

Thanks ^^

And sure thing, I can teach you.

I won't be able to make a new OST for you because that'd take me... at least a month (if you want something of MS quality). But once you learn you'll see that it's pretty easy (sort of) and entertaining to hack music.

Everytime I get a game over on Chapter 5, when I try to restart the mission it does not load the chapter at all. I didn't even get the croissant yet, but it seems to happen no matter how you get a game over. Not only that, but if you do restart before the croissant, you're not able to enter any building at all.

That's odd. Very odd. It never happened to me.

Could you get me a savestate?

This.

Also the red text does a really good job of implying what to do.

Hellios is Seth level overpowered though.

Really nice choices of music, and interesting gameplay mechanics so far. The mix of the FF6 Empire theme is really soft, though.

Thanks! ^^

oh god why

i beat it but i want both of the villages ahhhhhhhhh

[spoiler=chapter 5]Bahahah!! Yeah it's pretty tricky to get all the items in that chapter.

You're on chapter 5 already, btw? GG.

Chapter 4 cleared after a couple attempts, but one question:

On my first try Garion spawned somehow and I recruited him, but on the successful clear he didn't spawn, with the Journeyman appearing and getting instakilled by one of the entombeds. How do I flag Garion to appear?

[spoiler=chapter 4 recruitment]To get Garion, you have to talk to him with Fa on chapter 3. He'll then spawn on chapter 4 turn 4 and he'll be recruitable by Shiori.

If by the end of the chapter Garion is alive, he'll save Djambo, who'll then join you.

[spoiler=chapter 4 recruitment]To get Garion, you have to talk to him with Fa on chapter 3. He'll then spawn on chapter 4 turn 4 and he'll be recruitable by Shiori.

If by the end of the chapter Garion is alive, he'll save Djambo, who'll then join you.

Problem is, I did do that, perhaps there is a bug when restarting chapter?

Problem is, I did do that, perhaps there is a bug when restarting chapter?

It's not a bug, most likely an emulation issue.

[spoiler=chapter 4 recruitment]Unfortunately you should just retry until he appears on turn 4, or replay chapter 3 and then finish chapter 4 without suspending/resuming the game.

I'm sorry for that, there's very little I can do about it.

I played up to chapter 2 and I really enjoyed it so far.

I´m probably gonna restart the entire game in order to get Menmus und Cattleya.

Also, when I killed Tirado on the last turn, Cattleya spawned and ordered a retreat twice in a row. Two seperate map sprites, standing next to each other!

One question, is it normal for Faratrass to have 10 Def at level 9? Seems a little too sturdy for a magic user, she´s my second best tank at this point!

So many spoiler tags

The hack is looking pretty nice so far, Alfred ^-^

On recruitment,

You can recruit Menmus and Cattleya on Chapter 2. Menmus you get by talking to him with Faratrass, and to recruit Cattleya you need to recruit Menmus and kill Tirado.

dammit, I knew those custom mugs weren't a coincidence ;_;

well, there's always a next time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, when I killed Tirado on the last turn, Cattleya spawned and ordered a retreat twice in a row. Two seperate map sprites, standing next to each other!

One question, is it normal for Faratrass to have 10 Def at level 9? Seems a little too sturdy for a magic user, she´s my second best tank at this point!

Fa has amazing defense. Her base is 7, I think, so 3 points in 8 levels seems reasonable growthwise, she just...starts really tanky.

Edited by Siuloir

Wh-What!? I need to fix that asap! D:

Was it the player phase, or the enemy phase?

Also yes, that's normal, Faratrass is like a magical Hector stats-wise.

So many spoiler tags

The hack is looking pretty nice so far, Alfred ^-^

Thanks ^^

I don't know how to complete Chapter 5, is Fa meant to enter the tavern? :O

And I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I can't get a croissant.

Edited by Haku

I don't know how to complete Chapter 5, is Fa meant to enter the tavern? :O

She must seize it.

And the croissant is not an actual item.

Use spoiler tags if you wanna go into further detail. ;o

Edited by Alfred Kamon

There's that one soldier in the way at the top centre. And I don't know what to do. I have the wyvern guy on the right carrying Fa, and Schwartz on the left

Btw I got the napalm shot and the ruby \o/

Edited by Haku

There's that one soldier in the way at the top centre. And I don't know what to do. I have the wyvern guy on the right carrying Fa, and Schwartz on the left

Btw I got the napalm shot and the ruby \o/

[spoiler=chapter 5]Visit this house.

house.png
If you can't visit it, that's most likely an Event ID-related bug. That I don't know how to fix because 99/100 times it's an emulation issue. Just restart the chapter, if that's the case.

wow once i actually thought to DEPLOY my other flier figuring it out how to finish it off was easy lol.

I thought the chapter was really well designed, good job.

Fa has amazing defense. Her base is 7, I think, so 3 points in 8 levels seems reasonable growthwise, she just...starts really tanky.

Also yes, that's normal, Faratrass is like a magical Hector stats-wise.

That explains (and is) a lot. Thanks for info.

On an unrelated note, I also wanted to mention that I can´t take Moonie´s name seriously at all.

IMPORTANT!

There was a bug in chapter 2 that made Cattleya spawn twice if you killed Tirado on your last turn and if Menmus was dead by then.

Thanks Night Zap for reporting. I've fixed it, hopefully.

If you have already played chapter 2 and everything went smoothly, then don't worry about it (you might want to redownload the patch anyway if you plan to replay the game sooner or later).

That explains (and is) a lot. Thanks for info.

On an unrelated note, I also wanted to mention that I can´t take Moonie´s name seriously at all.

Np.

blame my friend who gives ridiculous names to her OCs.

How to recruit Sae´rah???
please !!!

[spoiler=chapter 6 recruitment]Visit the upper left village with Djambo or Andre, then talk to Sae'rah with the guy who visited that village.

How do I prevent the upcoming 2.0 patch from causing my progress to start all over? Will I just have to replace 1.0 with 2.0 or is there anything else?

I'm pretty sure that depends on the changes I'll make to the ROM between one version and another.

If everything goes to plan, you'll only need to replace 1.0 with 2.0 in the same folder.