[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellios is a wolf in sheeps clothing and i overused him.

garion never got him (explain how)

djambo, never got him either name sounds familiar (explain how )

saerah and christoph need to much babying it seems as they get killed alot. though christoph dishes out hurt before he dies at least.

, latuffe huh i thought it was wierd to have thives in the front line

rya, if im thinking of the right unit.... she's an archer bro

speaking of witch i looked under suppsorts. there are a few chars i never found. there are outlines of a female mage and a male archer in someones support log. who are they and how do i get them.

in essance im kindaaaaaaaaa asking for a unit guide. doesnt matter anymore since i got to as far as it goes but still. also how do i get the update without looseing my prgress when it comes out?

Edited by Raze200

garion is the boss of the chapter where you find shiori right? also who were those outlined characters? the male archer and female mage? i saw them i think in Rya's support log

garion is the boss of the chapter where you find shiori right? also who were those outlined characters? the male archer and female mage? i saw them i think in Rya's support log

so no one knows what im talking about? great. now i feel like a nutter. those outlines were there though, under whos support i cannot remeber Edited by eclipse
Merged double post

so no one knows what im talking about? great. now i feel like a nutter. those outlines were there though, under whos support i cannot remeber

Nope. You have to assume.

1. They're from FE8 characters untouched as of now.

2. Teaser.

3. Or make us suffer.

huh and that made me think there was something past "meet the demon" witch wasent as hard as the other chapters but much more harrowing.

also i have a question. patching my currently patched sacred stones with the update when it comes out. will that work? or will i have to patch a different sacred stones and loose my progress?

Hey, just finished the chapters that the current patch provides, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Thought I might go with the trend and post my character's stats and my thoughts about them

hRh1Dtf.png

Faratrass was very useful in my run, scoring speed really early which allowed her to ORKO most enemies early on. Very helpful later on when she had to tank a couple of hits too.

DsPjoh5.png

Rya didn't really get too much use in the earlygame, but she consistently got speed which certainly made me a happy camper. Once it came to chapter 6 her magic bows became valuable when taking out the horde of armor knights. After that she kinda just steamrolled everybody.

UZGjHiu.png

Cristoph had the potential to be a really good unit, but just didn't get enough of the right stats at the right time for me to want to use him. Benched after chapter 4

UhV5wmm.png

Andre is a typical trainee unit. While he requires some babying, he becomes a magical powerhouse once he promotes. Even though mine got pretty magic and skill screwed, he was still very useful and managed to solo Fa at the end of chapter 8.

w1Qd4Dm.png

Earlygame staffbot. He served his purpose and even got some clutch kills with slayer. Eventually replaced by Ceapana.

uzGIbCd.png

His speed is really the only thing bringing him down. He just couldn't keep up with enemies after chapter 4 (and I didn't want to waste my agile weapon uses on him) and got benched.

Pu5Yb1s.png

Incredibly useful in chapter 3, kinda just stuck with her from there on out and she proved useful.

WYLsK1D.png

Not really much to say about Shiori since her stats don't really change. Good crutch, and Judgelight was very useful in tricky situations.

cVRqOQP.png

I never really used Garion that much, because at that point Cristoph was better and I really didn't need another axe user.

DTorMQ7.png

Major pain in the ass to get to level 10 in chapter 6, but oh so worth it. Best axe user I had by far 11/10 would fap again

2gurs2o.png

The low skill and luck aside, Shwarz is a pretty good unit. He can swoop in, kill some people, and fly out without too much collateral damage. Also very useful when rescuing because of that massive aid stat.

kGGZusn.png

Seems to be a fan-favorite around these parts not that I can blame them. His speed is my only real worry, as his low growth may impede him later. He was actually a surprisingly good meatshield once he hit level 20, and helped ranged units pick off tough enemies. All in all, great unit.

Y5dwSSr.png

An unpromoted healer that can fight, and with swords no less! Her strength is my only worry as her healing capabilities work off of that stat too, and I hope it won't bog her down later on because I really like her.

BoX3nTj.png

Same story as Djambo mostly. Caused many a resets when trying to get her to level 10 in chapter 6, but suuuuper worth it. Easily one of my MVP's.

CAS410j.png

Didn't get to use him much because of him joining in chapter 7, but he seems to be a really good unit. His speed is kinda low for a thief, but his high strength makes up for it. Look forward to seeing what he can do.

Hellios: (not pictured for obvious reasons) He was a VERY good Oifey and could have easily made some chapters a cakewalk, but I decided against using him after chapter 4 (much at the expense of my mental health) because I wanted to train up other units. Also because I kinda spoiled myself and knew I would lose him after chapter 8

Also, I was kinda confused by one of the plot points at the end of the hack.

It concerns Shiori losing her ability to see malice and gaining red eyes. Was she born only able to see other people's malice, or with red eyes? Does this mean that Hellios can see malice now? I'm sorta lost on the whole "reaction" thing that happened between the two.

All in all great hack, and am definitely looking forward for the next release!

First post on the Forest woot!

I just passed chapter 3 so is it to late to get menus and Catlett(can't spell) (the guy who posted above me Had them soooo. another thing. I mentioned those guys in supports right? I got Fa's ' thing right here. It's a bit dark due to the way screen shots work but take a look

post-10809-0-61859700-1419227125_thumb.png

Edited by Raze200

I just passed chapter 3 so is it to late to get menus and Catlett(can't spell) (the guy who posted above me Had them soooo. another thing. I mentioned those guys in supports right? I got Fa's ' thing right here. It's a bit dark due to the way screen shots work but take a look

1. You can upload images to imgur/imageshack/your favorite hosting site and link them~!

2. In spoilers.

If you killed/recruited Menmus the Really Slow Wyvern Rider, and didn't see Cattelya, you're out of luck!

I'm guessing they are just Innes and Saleh from FE8, because I remember somewhere AK mentioned that there would be no regular snipers in the game.

Edit: This makes more sense because I'm pretty sure Fa replaces Eirika's character slot, and Eirika had supports with both of the aforementioned people in FE8

Edited by Upside-DownFish

@ UD-Fish

The whole eyes thing... Shiori was born with red eyes, Hellios naturally was able to sense Malice from the start because he's Demon King, and he needed servants, so he need a way to find evil people to do his bidding (like Riev in FE8)

So in other word, the truth that Fa has a sibling didn't change regardless of Hellios's betrayal and eyes change. Since Shiori has red eyes, in which Hellios said to be her original, it means Shiori and Fa are siblings as you can see from the small cutscene after the chapter and before the next chapter that doesn't let you play cuz game over where Fa calls Shiori her sister.

So. To summarize.

Hellios (Or rather, Demon King original) had Malice Eyes first. Shiori had the Bloodline Red eyes. Hellios initiate a switch with Shiori stealing her eyes and giving her his blinding the poor girl at a point before Moonie adopting Fa.

/shrug

@ UD-Fish

The whole eyes thing... Shiori was born with red eyes, Hellios naturally was able to sense Malice from the start because he's Demon King, and he needed servants, so he need a way to find evil people to do his bidding (like Riev in FE8)

So in other word, the truth that Fa has a sibling didn't change regardless of Hellios's betrayal and eyes change. Since Shiori has red eyes, in which Hellios said to be her original, it means Shiori and Fa are siblings as you can see from the small cutscene after the chapter and before the next chapter that doesn't let you play cuz game over where Fa calls Shiori her sister.

So. To summarize.

Hellios (Or rather, Demon King original) had Malice Eyes first. Shiori had the Bloodline Red eyes. Hellios initiate a switch with Shiori stealing her eyes and giving her his blinding the poor girl at a point before Moonie adopting Fa.

/shrug

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Hey, just finished the chapters that the current patch provides, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Thought I might go with the trend and post my character's stats and my thoughts about them

hRh1Dtf.png

Faratrass was very useful in my run, scoring speed really early which allowed her to ORKO most enemies early on. Very helpful later on when she had to tank a couple of hits too.

DsPjoh5.png

Rya didn't really get too much use in the earlygame, but she consistently got speed which certainly made me a happy camper. Once it came to chapter 6 her magic bows became valuable when taking out the horde of armor knights. After that she kinda just steamrolled everybody.

UZGjHiu.png

Cristoph had the potential to be a really good unit, but just didn't get enough of the right stats at the right time for me to want to use him. Benched after chapter 4

UhV5wmm.png

Andre is a typical trainee unit. While he requires some babying, he becomes a magical powerhouse once he promotes. Even though mine got pretty magic and skill screwed, he was still very useful and managed to solo Fa at the end of chapter 8.

w1Qd4Dm.png

Earlygame staffbot. He served his purpose and even got some clutch kills with slayer. Eventually replaced by Ceapana.

uzGIbCd.png

His speed is really the only thing bringing him down. He just couldn't keep up with enemies after chapter 4 (and I didn't want to waste my agile weapon uses on him) and got benched.

Pu5Yb1s.png

Incredibly useful in chapter 3, kinda just stuck with her from there on out and she proved useful.

WYLsK1D.png

Not really much to say about Shiori since her stats don't really change. Good crutch, and Judgelight was very useful in tricky situations.

cVRqOQP.png

I never really used Garion that much, because at that point Cristoph was better and I really didn't need another axe user.

DTorMQ7.png

Major pain in the ass to get to level 10 in chapter 6, but oh so worth it. Best axe user I had by far 11/10 would fap again

2gurs2o.png

The low skill and luck aside, Shwarz is a pretty good unit. He can swoop in, kill some people, and fly out without too much collateral damage. Also very useful when rescuing because of that massive aid stat.

kGGZusn.png

Seems to be a fan-favorite around these parts not that I can blame them. His speed is my only real worry, as his low growth may impede him later. He was actually a surprisingly good meatshield once he hit level 20, and helped ranged units pick off tough enemies. All in all, great unit.

Y5dwSSr.png

An unpromoted healer that can fight, and with swords no less! Her strength is my only worry as her healing capabilities work off of that stat too, and I hope it won't bog her down later on because I really like her.

BoX3nTj.png

Same story as Djambo mostly. Caused many a resets when trying to get her to level 10 in chapter 6, but suuuuper worth it. Easily one of my MVP's.

CAS410j.png

Didn't get to use him much because of him joining in chapter 7, but he seems to be a really good unit. His speed is kinda low for a thief, but his high strength makes up for it. Look forward to seeing what he can do.

Hellios: (not pictured for obvious reasons) He was a VERY good Oifey and could have easily made some chapters a cakewalk, but I decided against using him after chapter 4 (much at the expense of my mental health) because I wanted to train up other units. Also because I kinda spoiled myself and knew I would lose him after chapter 8

First post on the Forest woot!

Am I the only one with a level 11 Faratress with still 2 resistance?

What an amazing hack. When I started playing, i spent 3 and half an hour to finish chapter 8 lol

I have the Best Aldreeeee ever. With the help of Helios Iron Sword, my Andre easily lv 10 and I really surprise with his growth. There are 2 two times he get 6 stats OMG

CftWq7e.png

1. You can upload images to imgur/imageshack/your favorite hosting site and link them~!

2. In spoilers.

If you killed/recruited Menmus the Really Slow Wyvern Rider, and didn't see Cattelya, you're out of luck!

okay. how do I end up recruiting menmus anyhow? same with her. like what are the requirements? or should I recruit menus then save state over and over till she jpins? I have another big question. HOW.DO.YOU.PROMOTEE.

You recruit Menmus by talking to him with Faratrass. You recruit Cattleya by killing the other corporal-the one with the cash gem-and then NOT killing her when she appears. The only people who can promote in this hack are the trainees once they get to level 10. There aren't any promotion items in the hack yet if I remember right.

It's like plain old FE8. Level up a trainee (Djambo, Andre or Sae'rah in this hack, Ross, Ewan or Amelia in vanilla FE8) to level 10. Nothing will happen then, but once you start the next chapter you'll get an extra scene before the battle preparations which will conclude with the trainee promoting. Note that the promotion options are different compared to vanilla FE8.

And no, trainees don't require items for this particular promotion. As long as they reached level 10 in the last map, they'll promote.

Edited by Wayward Winds

you guys aren't going to belive how baddly I screwed up. while trying to patch together another rom hack I somehow patched it to Midnight sun. creating a monstrosity. I'm going to fool around with this but loading my current saves gives me these units! loading the save from the rom hack... gives me an impossible objective

well I'm off the fix this hot mess

post-10809-0-45673500-1419281418_thumb.png

post-10809-0-92003000-1419281436_thumb.png

Edited by Raze200

well ya see

what happened was I patched the sacred stones rom I used for midnight sun fir.... u have an idea how I explain this.

A=midnight sun

B sacred stones.

C=DX.

here's how it was for a while. A+B=AB. I ended up thinking I did C+B. but inadvertently did AB+C. ending up with a hot mess. Witch I'm sorting out now

No comment on my stupiddity? I don't blame you. still working on a fix . and by fix I mean rematch the games SEPERATTLY.

Edited by Raze200