[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

[spoiler=Post Chapter 8]I recently finished 1.6 (making sure to take Helios's stuff this time... I also might post stats later), and I noticed that in the new version, Shiori doesn't get a new Judgelight at the start of her path. Instead, her old one was sent to the convoy. Was this intentional?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Post Chapter 8]I recently finished 1.6 (making sure to take Helios's stuff this time... I also might post stats later), and I noticed that in the new version, Shiori doesn't get a new Judgelight at the start of her path. Instead, her old one was sent to the convoy. Was this intentional?

Probably. I stripped my Shiori's inventory clean, but I was surprised to see Hellios politely leave me his 2-use Steel Sword after clearing the chapter... although I still think Anna in the village alludes to this. You might want to take that out, Alfred.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

(I'm a bit late to the party, ain't I? Damnit.)

I haven't given this a shot yet since all sorts of stuff is happening, but I'm extremely curious about how skirmishes are handled? Are they merely bonus XP that makes the game easier, or a challenge without any external effect?

Probably. I stripped my Shiori's inventory clean, but I was surprised to see Hellios politely leave me his 2-use Steel Sword after clearing the chapter... although I still think Anna in the village alludes to this. You might want to take that out, Alfred.

Ah, so in this version, the characters who left just got their items put into the convoy? But this happens with Shiori regardless of which path you do.

[spoiler=Wait...]Are you telling me that Anna still tells you to strip their inventories? I'm pretty sure I changed her dialogue, she also gives you a Res boosting item...

Something tells me that you didn't visit the village or skipped the dialogue.

Otherwise, please provide me with a savestate.

And yeah, that's intentional, we've made an ASM code that can remove anyone's items from his/her inventory, and send them to the convoy. If the convoy is full, they'll be destroyed. It's used A LOT in ch9B btw.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

(I'm a bit late to the party, ain't I? Damnit.)

I haven't given this a shot yet since all sorts of stuff is happening, but I'm extremely curious about how skirmishes are handled? Are they merely bonus XP that makes the game easier, or a challenge without any external effect?

You get few exp from skirmishes (aside from the boss) but you can find useful materials for forging. Also, you won't be able to access the skirmishes whenever you want like in Sacred Stones (where you simply had to enter the tower and exit to make the skirmishes spawn again). In this case, once you beat the skirmishes in the map, they won't spawn anymore until the following chapter.

I'm gonna have to double-check. I don't have any Ch8 files but I do have one at Ch6, I'll be able to produce a definite answer once spring break comes around.

I'm currently working my way through Ch. 7, so I'll have a look on my way past as well.

General question, has anyone got the Info entry "Queen and Pawns"? I'd have expected it to show up by now, given that it discusses the "Danger" view.

I found a bug, I don't know if it's been spotted before.

When you go in the units list and choose to order them based on a certain stat, only hp and strenght work. If you select magic the game will still treat it as if you selected skill, if you select skill it will order based on speed and so on...

So yeah, this is why Andre needs to get nerfed

yep.png

And Cristoph buffed (he also got the Ronan syndrome where he kept getting magic, don't ask why, maybe it's because he wants to be a war monk and turn into a staff-bot)

lel.png

You've probably been unlucky, Cristoph usually turns out better than that. Also War monks use light instead os staves here.

And Andre is supposed to be awesome when you pute the effort in training him (though he as much more aviability than other trainees).

I know war monks don't exist in any game before FE 13, pls I'm not an awakening fanboy, I was just trying to make a joke. :I

EDIT: Also in that game they use axes and staves.

Edited by Glacoe

I know war monks don't exist in any game before FE 13, pls I'm not an awakening fanboy, I was just trying to make a joke. :I

EDIT: Also in that game they use axes and staves.

???

In Midnight Sun Cristoph can promote to War Monk, using Axes and Light magic.

Hi

After finishing chapter8 and starting chapter9, the game (Fa) says that "unfortunately, this content has yet to be developed and released." Is chapter9 not developed yet or is it just me who sees this massege?

TBH I can see no reason to use war monks over warriors and mage fighters over sages, as light magic is pretty crap, and I'm guessing the warriors get more strength when they promote, as for mage fighters... well, same story, noone's gonna use swords on Andre, right?

Wrong? Andre seems to have a pretty good str growth for a magic-oriented character, and he has enough levels to get very high strenght.

As for Cristoph you are probably right, but I don't think he would be bad as a War Monk either.

Each promoted class will have a unique skill, so that's enough to make it different from the others.

Firstly, you also have to consider that having the possibility to hit both Res and Def is huge.

Secondly, Cristoph has a higher Mag growth than Str growth. 55% and 50% respectively.

And finally, I'm not inserting a new class in the game if that class is useless compared to another one the player has access to. That makes for a very bad game design, don't you think? #trustme

Having just made it to the route split, I don't have much left to do for v1.6 (First foray into the Tower of Trials + skirmish to do yet). Figured I'd post my characters stats for kicks before trying both places (and to see just how damned blessed some of my units are).

[spoiler=Character Stats (Route Split)]DKXSQmh.pngtzjO1Cy.png

Granted, I don't know what the growths are for 1.6 to count for the Str/Mag split, but something tells me my Fa is INCREDIBLY speed blessed to hell and back. She could use a bit of skill, but otherwise is doing incredibly well for herself.

vES9xhd.pngqJde4gg.png

1.6 is the first time I extensively used Cristoph. Besides low defenses, he's doing pretty good for himself.

DMMbufM.pngEI8J7kP.png

Rya was always one of my favorite characters in terms of combat capabilities and it's no less true here. Being able to hit an enemy's defense or resistance as easily as she can is a hell of a quality for a FE unit to have. I foresee her sticking around to my endgame party considering her good spread of stats so far.

ptTdu7u.pngXH0HKzb.png

Andre had a slow start, but he's kicking all kinds of ass now (and even managed to shame the chapter 8 boss largely on his own). I find it hilarious he has 11 strength though. Rather insane for a magic heavy unit.

Q04ce4k.pngvG8fVdb.png

I said it before back in 1.2 and I'll say it again...this old man is not to be underestimated despite his stats. He's able to take some of the healing work off my primary healer if needed and he does surprisingly well against monsters.

hOggju1.pngmB064GS.png

Looking at his stats, Menmus is proto-Haar in a couple respects. Not a whole lot of speed, but plenty of strength, skill, and defense. Don't think his position on my team will be in danger anytime soon.

YuqYRSh.pngcI6OLlr.png

xkirHlh.pngJSb1x0Q.png

Grouping these two together because they're in the same boat right now. Namely, they're not god awful, but I've got people that can do their job just as well, if not better. I do have the Tower of Trials & skirmish to run through so I may give these two a chance and see if anything interesting comes of it.

63P0woM.pngBQkczp5.png

Never had a chance to really use Djambo extensively until 1.6. He's not doing too bad really. Could use a bit more speed, but he is several levels lower than Cristoph. Will be interesting to see how he turns out.

6OQwLAh.pngX3HQszQ.png

Another guy that I tend to sideline just because I already have a dedicated flier in my group (Menmus). Might give him a shot in the tower/skirmish and see if he picks up any valuable stats.

mXldKXH.pngFDSRjPD.png

Ah yes, Captain Weiss. Ever a stalwart warrior and one that never disappoints me when I use him. He's basically Menmus, but more durable and a little quicker on the draw speed wise. Will be fun to see what his promotion options are like.

dMbCq3b.pngWIKKNvV.png

Ceapana has evasion in droves right now. 56 base avoid means she's reliable about dodging fatal hits when it comes down to it. Tons of magic too, making her a solid healer. Not much strength sadly, but depending on her promotion choices, I may just kick both of my Luckos Fangs in her direction to remedy that.

ACi462P.pngBuijCHv.png

Always nice to have a Thief who's combat capable. Not much for defense, but whatever. He steals if he needs to and can kill reliably so he's staying until someone better shows up (if at all!).

And now, for what maybe is my most broken character so far in my playthrough...

oiH9ZCp.pngw0L5maq.png

...Holy. Crap.

Words cannot describe how absurdly AWESOME Sae'rah is right now. She even has 9 damned levels of growth left too! I'm expecting her to cap at least two or three stats in those 9 levels.

Edited by LunaticScreamer