[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just completed the Tower of Trials first trial.

Liked the base structure for the reinforcements. I was able to cap 3 of the 4, then had to bunker down at the top corridor. Didn't defeat the Leader, though I had a chance to (if Rya had landed a 7% crit chance...) I also like how most enemies were low levelled to prevent much power levelling, feel like it is better for avoiding outleveling stuff while still giving access to everything. I am running very low on gold, though, spent it all gearing up and had just enough to enter the Tower. Also, x3gu0x.png curse you! Can we at least get a clue what it is used for?

Also, are you still looking for save files from post-tower and skirmish? If yes, I will need to find a way to send it... Posted from phone with autocorrect, sorry if any words are wrong.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

So, just completed the Tower of Trials first trial.

Liked the base structure for the reinforcements. I was able to cap 3 of the 4, then had to bunker down at the top corridor. Didn't defeat the Leader, though I had a chance to (if Rya had landed a 7% crit chance...) I also like how most enemies were low levelled to prevent much power levelling, feel like it is better for avoiding outleveling stuff while still giving access to everything. I am running very low on gold, though, spent it all gearing up and had just enough to enter the Tower. Also, x3gu0x.png curse you! Can we at least get a clue what it is used for?

Also, are you still looking for save files from post-tower and skirmish? If yes, I will need to find a way to send it... Posted from phone with autocorrect, sorry if any words are wrong.

That item will allow you to promote any unit! Except the lords, obviously. It's a Master Seal, basically -- I absolutely dislike the approach that GBAFE had with the promotion system. I preferred to keep it simple in Midnight Sun, similarly to Awakening.

Glad that you liked the tower chapter! Oh, yes, you'll be able to keep your save, don't worry.

By the way...

heroic.png

Ch.9B is finally 100% finished!

*faints from exhaustion*

Nintendo seems to have been taking a lot of Nintendo related stuff down lately. Perhaps this is their response to something that happened to them like low sales or something?

Edited by Exodiac47

Nintendo seems to have been taking a lot of Nintendo related stuff down lately. Perhaps this is their response to something that happened to them like low sales or something?

That's extremely vague, what has Nintendo been taking down? And I don't think that Nintendo would go around taking down stuff to increase their sales. Among all the reasons that Nintendo'd have to take down content, that one for sure doesn't make much sense in my opinion... Some better explanations could be: preserving the brand image, shutting down piracy, monetising stolen content, censoring illicit content, etc.

In Midnight Sun's case, I don't even think Nintendo has a problem to begin with. It's a company who cares about fan games, and actually fangames make people interested in their original games. It can also be seen as part of the japanese culture, see all the doujinshi that are based on other people's work, but are treated as ""legal"" content because the original author believes that in the long run the doujinshi will only benefit his/her work.

In fact, the guy who took down Midnight Sun was confirmed to be a fraud.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

That item will allow you to promote any unit!

On the subject of promoting units... What'll happen when Ceapana promotes? Assuming she promotes to Valkyrie, will she lose swords, or will you need a new animation?

On the subject of promoting units... What'll happen when Ceapana promotes? Assuming she promotes to Valkyrie, will she lose swords, or will you need a new animation?

Maybe she promotes into Paladin/Valkyrie? (haven't tried to promote her so yeah)

She promotes into Valkyrie and Mageknight, both of which will need a Sword attack animation.

If anybody is willing to make one of said animations, be my guest.

I could try to make a sword animation, for the Valkyrie, I'll make it more original AKA not make it the Ranger sword animation.

EDIT: Maybe the Mageknight could have the ability to have 1-2 range swords? Because magic? It would be cool but it's up to you.

Edited by Glacoe

I could try to make a sword animation, for the Valkyrie, I'll make it more original AKA not make it the Ranger sword animation.

EDIT: Maybe the Mageknight could have the ability to have 1-2 range swords? Because magic? It would be cool but it's up to you.

That's a great idea, actually, you know?

I'll consider that.

Also, thanks for the animation! I'm really looking forward to it. ^^ (beware that the sword animation must have the same palette and palette order as the original staff/magic animation.)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I'm not really into the main inserting things about animations, though I do know about the palettes, so I'll keep that in mind. ^^

EDIT: I'll also make the palette for Ceapana, just a heads up.

Edited by Glacoe

I'm not really into the main inserting things about animations, though I do know about the palettes, so I'll keep that in mind. ^^

EDIT: I'll also make the palette for Ceapana, just a heads up.

Great! :D Thanks

Question: With the implementation of the crafting system, will we get a bigger convoy to hold the materials?

I don't think so... you've also to consider that when you craft, you get 1 item in exchange of 2-3-4 items, so you free much space in your inventory and convoy.

Do you happen to have a Dropbox with Midnight Sun 1.6?

Mediafire has a habit of not working properly with my computer T_T

EDIT: Everytime I press the download the button, it just refreshs the page without sending me the download to save to my computer

EDIT2: Been trying for over an hour and the mediafire site is so cruel with me, I'm at the point of giving up :')

Edited by Jecht

Dammit

This is basically all I can get mediafire to do

1. Click on the download link in the OP

2. Click download on mediafire

3. Click to repair download

4. The page refreshes by itself

5. Repeats steps 2 & 3

6. Step 4 repeats

7. I repeat steps 2 & 3

8. Step 4 repeats

And so on and so forth, I never see the 1.6 download.

I've been going at it for over an hour now

Does anybody else besides me get this same problem?

Or am I just a target of cruelty by mediafire? lol :')

Mediafire's a bit buggy for me as well, but it usually works after a few tries.

One thing I think helps is to wait until the page - and all of the ads - are fully loaded before clicking that big green button. If it's busy loading something then it seems a lot less likely to actually let your download manager's dialogue box pop up.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to check your security settings. It's possible that something there is just saying NO, and not telling you about it. I remember "smart screen filter" stopping me from downloading Fractured Realms once upon a time...

Hmm, I have Mcaffee and honestly don't really know how to use it to check the security settings on my laptop :/

Other than that, I'll try doing it a bit slower and see if that works. I'm just really tired atm and need something new to ease my mind

I was planning on waiting til 2.0, but I figured hey why not?

I never would've thought I'd end up with more stress for a silly download link lol

Finally had time to play this and man it was a blast. Really great hack. Looking forward to v.2.0

Here are my post-tower stats. Skirmish wasn't done because it disappeared off the map.

YzcQwuw.png

Lacking on magic and that caused him to miss out on some one-rounding but I like him.

Lcsp7FI.png

Love this guy. Fast, hits hard and can take hits. Fed him the eye to help out his low skill.

BCqNAgR.png

Amazing. Staves, Wind sword and a horse. I'm a little sad that she doesn't have a paladin promotion but that's the FE4 fan in me saying that. MageKnight will fill that void.

n1QqLNn.png

He capped skill in the tower and it glitched after a loaded up the save. I really like combat thieves so he's got a spot on the team.

kfdeZDp.png

I really like Cristoph. Personality wise and as a unit. He doubles pretty much everything so I have him chip with hand axes.

RSqVHZl.png

Rip the strength but magic bows helped keep her combat relevant.

FttYosg.png

What happened to Letruffe happened to Cattleya as well. She's pretty cool. Kills axes and mages and the Hanabirachi is a nice buff.

xzf8wW3.png

He had a rough start but when he got going man did he kick ass.

EB2wUhr.png

Probably will drop her once another lance user pops up. Couldn't deploy her on chapter 8 because of deployment slots and she fell behind in levels.

tjU3OZh.png

Hits res, high magic, nice bulk and nice speed. She's great.

t2BegIY.png

Staffbot/10

yEvoUPf.png

He fills the mercenary void in my heart. Swords and axes makes him a hero on a horse and I love it.

iJif335.png

He flew to places. I don't have much to say other than he's one of the few lance users and I wish he had more speed. Or defense. Or strength.

ZBpXfVM.png

Wish I could use him, but ran out of room. Maybe next time.

Amazing. Staves, Wind sword and a horse. I'm a little sad that she doesn't have a paladin promotion but that's the FE4 fan in me saying that. MageKnight will fill that void.

Trust me, you'll have fun with mageknights. ;)

Finally had time to play this and man it was a blast. Really great hack. Looking forward to v.2.0

Here are my post-tower stats. Skirmish wasn't done because it disappeared off the map.

YzcQwuw.png

Lacking on magic and that caused him to miss out on some one-rounding but I like him.

Lcsp7FI.png

Love this guy. Fast, hits hard and can take hits. Fed him the eye to help out his low skill.

BCqNAgR.png

n1QqLNn.png

He capped skill in the tower and it glitched after a loaded up the save. I really like combat thieves so he's got a spot on the team.

kfdeZDp.png

I really like Cristoph. Personality wise and as a unit. He doubles pretty much everything so I have him chip with hand axes.

RSqVHZl.png

Rip the strength but magic bows helped keep her combat relevant.

FttYosg.png

What happened to Letruffe happened to Cattleya as well. She's pretty cool. Kills axes and mages and the Hanabirachi is a nice buff.

xzf8wW3.png

He had a rough start but when he got going man did he kick ass.

EB2wUhr.png

Probably will drop her once another lance user pops up. Couldn't deploy her on chapter 8 because of deployment slots and she fell behind in levels.

tjU3OZh.png

Hits res, high magic, nice bulk and nice speed. She's great.

t2BegIY.png

Staffbot/10

yEvoUPf.png

He fills the mercenary void in my heart. Swords and axes makes him a hero on a horse and I love it.

iJif335.png

He flew to places. I don't have much to say other than he's one of the few lance users and I wish he had more speed. Or defense. Or strength.

ZBpXfVM.png

Wish I could use him, but ran out of room. Maybe next time.

Thank you so much for reporting the capped Skill glitch.

What did you do exactly? Your characters capped the Skill stat, then you suspended and resumed the game?

I'll try to get that fixed asap.

Also, I believe you should give Sae'rah a possibility. She'll become an utter monster in a few levels.