[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for reporting the capped Skill glitch.

What did you do exactly? Your characters capped the Skill stat, then you suspended and resumed the game?

I'll try to get that fixed asap.

Also, I believe you should give Sae'rah a possibility. She'll become an utter monster in a few levels.

I saved the game and reloaded to check stats. Upon the reload their skill was bumped to 21.

^ Glad you like it!

I saved the game and reloaded to check stats. Upon the reload their skill was bumped to 21.

Could you please send me your save file? It'd help immensely. You can do that via "File -> Export -> Battery File" from VBA. Thanks!

GLITCH REPORT WITH SPOILERS!!!

EDIT: Apparently I can't get spoilers to work :/

EDIT2: Fixed

I had just surpassed the chapter where you have to rescue Faratrass from herself when the seal breaks and all hell breaks lose on the other units in the forest. (Took me 5 tries to get all my units to survive) Btw, love the game/story so far, Shiori is already my favorite. x3 <3

During the chapter though I came across a sound glitch

Music and regular sounds still work and all, but overlapping it is also a 90 mile per hour repetitive noise that either sounds like Lasertag gunfire, or when you hold the button down on the old classic Asteroid arcade games to shoot. Its highly annoying that I eventually put it on Mute. XD

I figured it would quit after the chapter was completed. But sadly, I still have it the noise and I'm on the next chapter now. I'd just figured I'd report just in case someone else hasn't had a similar problem. Other than this, I haven't had any other issues with it thus far.

Edited by Jecht

GLITCH REPORT WITH SPOILERS!!!

EDIT: Apparently I can't get spoilers to work :/

EDIT2: Fixed

I had just surpassed the chapter where you have to rescue Faratrass from herself when the seal breaks and all hell breaks lose on the other units in the forest. (Took me 5 tries to get all my units to survive) Btw, love the game/story so far, Shiori is already my favorite. x3 <3

During the chapter though I came across a sound glitch

Music and regular sounds still work and all, but overlapping it is also a 90 mile per hour repetitive noise that either sounds like Lasertag gunfire, or when you hold the button down on the old classic Asteroid arcade games to shoot. Its highly annoying that I eventually put it on Mute. XD

I figured it would quit after the chapter was completed. But sadly, I still have it the noise and I'm on the next chapter now. I'd just figured I'd report just in case someone else hasn't had a similar problem. Other than this, I haven't had any other issues with it thus far.

What did you do to trigger the problem?

Does the problem persist if you exit the game and reopen the ROM?

What did you do to trigger the problem?

Does the problem persist if you exit the game and reopen the ROM?

I honestly don't know what I did, but yeah its still there even after I closed it and reopened it.

It may have been cuz I was holding the space bar down to speed it up during the battle sequences :/

I honestly don't know what I did, but yeah its still there even after I closed it and reopened it.

It may have been cuz I was holding the space bar down to speed it up during the battle sequences :/

Huh, wow, that sucks. D:

I'm sorry to hear that, it's the first time that happens. So I don't really know what may be causing the problem.

Indeed using the space bar too much has caused issues in the past because the game is really heavy RAM-wise compared to the usual FE games.

Anyway, feel free to send me a savefile and I'll see if I can have it repaired.

File -> Export -> Battery file

I don't think so... you've also to consider that when you craft, you get 1 item in exchange of 2-3-4 items, so you free much space in your inventory and convoy.

You are assuming most people aren't just going to hoard everything and then use everything up right before the last chapter.

I had sent a PM about the sound glitch problem

I saved the battery and was expecting something new to appear like a .bat or something. (First time I exported) It didn't, but I noticed the .sav file had changed of when it was saved last, so I figured that was what you needed xD

You should be able to get the .sav for my game in a dropbox link (For some reason I wasn't permitted to attach files)

If that doesn't work, let me know what I need to do different and I'll do it. xD

(Forgive me, I'm slow lol)

Edited by Jecht

Hay Alfred, um I as wondering if, could i PM you my .sav for MD?

i haven't finished the Tower, but leveled up my chars a bit.

not sure if it can help you in some way.

Hmmh sure thing! :D

You are assuming most people aren't just going to hoard everything and then use everything up right before the last chapter.

I can't do that, unfortunately, because it enters that unknown area that is RAM hacking.

I'll make sure you won't have convoy issues, don't worry. Balancing stuff is my job.

I had sent a PM about the sound glitch problem

I saved the battery and was expecting something new to appear like a .bat or something. (First time I exported) It didn't, but I noticed the .sav file had changed of when it was saved last, so I figured that was what you needed xD

You should be able to get the .sav for my game in a dropbox link (For some reason I wasn't permitted to attach files)

If that doesn't work, let me know what I need to do different and I'll do it. xD

(Forgive me, I'm slow lol)

Thank you very much! You did right; I'll look into it tomorrow, it's quite late here and unfortunately I can't access my tools right now.

On chapter 6 is there a way to get knight that talks when he dies?

No. You can talk to him with Sae'rah and get a voice command that will supposedly help you recruit a character in the next patch, but you can't recruit the knight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/co7gzmjv3x0rc16/Fire%20Emblem%20Midnight%20Sun%20Glitch.WAV?dl=0

I Pm'd Alfred this, but just in case, if I can get someone's verification of hearing the glitch I had, please tell me I'm not crazy xD

Been having a hard time trying to copy it and give it to him, until I may have discovered the magic of recording the sound and making a .wav file

If anybody read my earlier posts about this sound glitch, this was what I meant by Lasertag gunfire :')

I just hope someone hears it besides me. :'(

No. You can talk to him with Sae'rah and get a voice command that will supposedly help you recruit a character in the next patch, but you can't recruit the knight.

...what. I hope you're not serious. I'll have to start all over then because I did not talk to the dude.

...what. I hope you're not serious. I'll have to start all over then because I did not talk to the dude.

I think Alfred said that you'll still be able to get the character, just that it'll be much harder.

I don't think Alfred would have you get a generic knight with a silver lance.

No, but by talking to the generic soldier, you can recruit a character with Sae'rah in a later patch. I think that's what your confusion is, anyway.

Edited by StWalker

Woah, a wild logo appeared (though it would probably be better with some violet instead of yellow in it.)

mostly just want to say great job on the hack so far. It's coming out beautifully.

If you want any sort of feedback on units, I believe I have used them all to some degree, although I think you're getting pretty close to finishing it.