[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Hey is there anyway for me to download a version of the game that is already patched because my computer is a chromebook and it can't pull up any programs that aren't from the chrome appstore so I can't get any software to patch midnight sun onto sacred stones

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey is there anyway for me to download a version of the game that is already patched because my computer is a chromebook and it can't pull up any programs that aren't from the chrome appstore so I can't get any software to patch midnight sun onto sacred stones

Depending on the chromebook you have, you can run a linux shell through crouton. Hope you have an x86 processor rather than an ARM processor though. Search your chromebook model + ubuntu install to figure out more, but there are patching utilities available for linxus. Multipatch is one, if I recall correctly?

But can you run an emulator? Anyway, you should probably just patch it with something else, there are even apps to patch roms if you can't get your hands on another pc.

Hello, I played this mod awhile ago but didn't make an account until now. I just wanted to say thanks Alfred. This mod is fantastic and you should be proud of it.

This person said pretty much everything I wanted to say.

Anyway, I was thinking about making a 3DS custom theme about this hack, so I was wondering if you'd allow me to use your logo. And maybe the Faratrass art, but that's probably asking for too much.

Anyway, good luck with your hack!

Hi Alfred, I'm Lord of Dragons from YouTube (you remember the guy with the "not enough money for the tower" game freeze, right?) -thinks to be memorable-

Anyway, I'd like to ask you something about how most of my units turned out.

First, Fa. Level 10 and still base spd. Are you planning to add speedwings or something like that? It would greatly help her, I feel. Still, she tanks physical hits like nothing. Looks like an armor knight with dark magic. Her boobs are truly made of steel

Next is Menmus. He was one of my best tanks (alongside Weiss). Still, I felt like being an all-rounder tank made so that he could not tank as well as Weiss nor dodge reliably. I felt like he is planned to be bulky rather than fast. Maybe a Str/Def boost could establish his position in my team (Valpurga and Brendan seem appealing tho. I'll have to see how it ends up.)

Rya. My goddess. For as much as I love Snipers, maybe a promotion that is geared towards magic bows would suit her better. What are her promotions?

Forget what I said about Rya. Ceapana was my real goddess. I think I overleveled her, but either her or Weiss will get the Lunar Sigil as soon as they hit 20 next patch. I love this kind of healers (she kinda benched Puledra as soon as she got her first level-up, lol)

Hi Alfred, I'm Lord of Dragons from YouTube (you remember the guy with the "not enough money for the tower" game freeze, right?) -thinks to be memorable-

Anyway, I'd like to ask you something about how most of my units turned out.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-06-02-17-05-31.pngFirst, Fa. Level 10 and still base spd. Are you planning to add speedwings or something like that? It would greatly help her, I feel. Still, she tanks physical hits like nothing. Looks like an armor knight with dark magic. Her boobs are truly made of steel

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-06-02-17-04-45.png

Next is Menmus. He was one of my best tanks (alongside Weiss). Still, I felt like being an all-rounder tank made so that he could not tank as well as Weiss nor dodge reliably. I felt like he is planned to be bulky rather than fast. Maybe a Str/Def boost could establish his position in my team (Valpurga and Brendan seem appealing tho. I'll have to see how it ends up.)

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-06-02-17-05-44.png

Rya. My goddess. For as much as I love Snipers, maybe a promotion that is geared towards magic bows would suit her better. What are her promotions?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-06-02-17-05-16.png

Forget what I said about Rya. Ceapana was my real goddess. I think I overleveled her, but either her or Weiss will get the Lunar Sigil as soon as they hit 20 next patch. I love this kind of healers (she kinda benched Puledra as soon as she got her first level-up, lol)

Hey there!

Thank you for the feedback :) And welcome to the forums!

You've been really unlucky with Fa's speed level ups... Luckily, you'll find Demon Blood in v.2.0, that will boost your speed stat by 2!

I'd also like to show some awesome artwork that Ray (Mageknight404) has made for the project.

Beware that there's a slight spoiler for whoever hasn't completed ch.8 yet.

[spoiler=MK404's art]FaShiori.png

Thank you SO much, @Mageknight404! You have all my gratitude and admiration.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Something about the way Ray does faces always bothers me a little. I can't quite put my finger on why. Don't get me wrong, it's still really good art, but... Eh, probably just me...

This is great art but, my only question is what are those ring things hanging near Fa's elbows?

Something about the way Ray does faces always bothers me a little. I can't quite put my finger on why. Don't get me wrong, it's still really good art, but... Eh, probably just me...

Hmmm yeah. It's very recognisable, like, you'd guess that it's his.