[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

My Andre has like in this 4th run has 12 def at level 11, the same number as Fa, but she is level 12. Andre is op pls don't nerf.

Also troubadours have 6 move instead of 7, why?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Andre has like in this 4th run has 12 def at level 11, the same number as Fa, but she is level 12. Andre is op pls don't nerf.

Also troubadours have 6 move instead of 7, why?

Because they have Canto to balance that out.

Oh, nice box art!

Uh, has anyone else been having trouble with Sae'rah's soldier class in v1.6? I've run into a nasty little problem twice now.

To describe it, Sae'rah needs to have the speed to double the enemy, and be the one attacking. She strikes first and misses. So far, not a problem. But then, she immediately moves to do her second attack at the same time the enemy does theirs. And when they're both done, the game refuses to end the battle. It's not frozen because the music's still playing and the weapon advantage/disadvantage arrows are still bobbing up and down, but it just doesn't resolve.

Here's a save file for anyone who wants to look; just resume the chapter. BUT, this particular battle is Sae'rah in melee combat against the Ch. 8 boss, so don't look if you don't want to see spoilers.

https://www.mediafire.com/?093ril883orzg39

The other time it happened was also in Ch. 8, but with her using a javelin against a Centaur (yes, I know, weapon triangle disadvantage). In both cases, she missed both first and second strikes.

10+? Bullcrap. Everyone deserves to play this... even with some characters cursing.

Also Sae'rah's exp gains are bugged, she gets more exp from just battling than killing. lol

Wayward Winds' reported Battle Animation bug: I could not replicate the bug from a clean FE7 nor FE8 rom so I don't think it's a problem with the animation package itself?

However, replacing Sae'Rah's animation removed the issue, so it clearly is because something is wrong with Sae'Rah's soldier animation.

I've been rereading the doc for an hour and... I just can't see a mistake; which is the worst because I'm 90% confident it's because I messed it up.

Also Sae'rah's exp gains are bugged, she gets more exp from just battling than killing. lol

i've had this happen in vanilla fe7!

-

on an animation note, djambo's / the journeyman animation still has the random miscolored hair frame on the melee return.

Since others were doing this: Post CH-8 Stats!

(Note: I went through the Prologue - Chapter 8 with v1.5. I upgraded to v1.6 before starting Chapter 7)

0NZS2q9.png

Strong and a bit of a tank. Got screwed by her Speed though. Her lowest stat. o.o I've never seen that before in any FE Game.

VuJrvFd.png

Unlike others, I like this guy. Decent Strength, Skill and Speed. Bit of a glass canon though.

mfaLjjs.png

I was having a lot of issues with his grows before I changed to 1.6. Now he's starting to get better!

C9rJDIW.png

I used Rya to just weaken units for Andre and used her Magic Bolts to some serious damage. Love how bows are effective on the Flying Eyeballs though.

iRlCa97.png

What's her Skill cap? Did I break the game or something?

GpEKuNw.png

GARION SMASH!..... He's alright.

wid5IJn.png

Basically a better Puledra. Better stats, Movement.

dqhQfeN.png

My main man! He just destroys everyone. (Seriously, What's the Skill cap?)

yp0Dugg.pngK2bT5qs.png

Never got a chance to use them much. The monsters in Chapters 7 & 8 would just double them. Shame. I really want to use them.

tTLxtmK.png

BENCHED!

4GQafam.png

Can't say much on him yet.

4XV65xb.png

Stopped using him after Chapter 5. Not much of a Pegasus Knight Fan. His personality is pretty funny.

Oh, nice box art!

Uh, has anyone else been having trouble with Sae'rah's soldier class in v1.6? I've run into a nasty little problem twice now.

To describe it, Sae'rah needs to have the speed to double the enemy, and be the one attacking. She strikes first and misses. So far, not a problem. But then, she immediately moves to do her second attack at the same time the enemy does theirs. And when they're both done, the game refuses to end the battle. It's not frozen because the music's still playing and the weapon advantage/disadvantage arrows are still bobbing up and down, but it just doesn't resolve.

Here's a save file for anyone who wants to look; just resume the chapter. BUT, this particular battle is Sae'rah in melee combat against the Ch. 8 boss, so don't look if you don't want to see spoilers.

https://www.mediafire.com/?093ril883orzg39

The other time it happened was also in Ch. 8, but with her using a javelin against a Centaur (yes, I know, weapon triangle disadvantage). In both cases, she missed both first and second strikes.

I tested your .sav file out, and i have some questions:

1) How did you promote Djambo and Sae'rah? on my save file i didn't promote them to Solider/Marine.

do they have the same requirement as Andre to promote? At LVL 10 at battle preparations.

2) on ch 5, i missed getting the Gem which gives 10 EXP per use, um how many uses does this exp gem have?

the battle that freezes, it might be a glitch or just that as a bypass that sae'rah shouldn't battle FA (demon king mode)?

why would it freeze upon sae'rah battling FA and not any other charater?

Edited by IkeBoyDude

I tested your .sav file out, and i have some questions:

1) How did you promote Djambo and Sae'rah? on my save file i didn't promote them to Solider/Marine.

do they have the same requirement as Andre to promote? At LVL 10 at battle preparations.

2) on ch 5, i missed getting the Gem which gives 10 EXP per use, um how many uses does this exp gem have?

the battle that freezes, it might be a glitch or just that as a bypass that sae'rah shouldn't battle FA (demon king mode)?

why would it freeze upon sae'rah battling FA and not any other charater?

I think Alfred's fixed the Sae'rah glitch (some minor issue with her animation package apparently), not sure if he's updated the public patch accordingly yet. It did happen with Sae'rah against a Centaur as well, so it's not specifically to do with the boss of Ch. 8 (oh, and could you use spoiler tags next time you talk about a plot development like that, or at least talk in generic terms like I did? There are still some people who haven't played this hack yet.) If Alfred hasn't updated the patch, then turning Sae'rah's animations off should bypass the glitch anyway. It doesn't happen often, but if it does then your only options are to restart the chapter or reload a save state (which you probably shouldn't need anyway... unless the RNG positively hates you).

Sae'rah and Djambo do indeed promote the same way as Andre. Sae'rah gets to choose Soldier or Super Recruit, and Djambo has either Pirate or Savage Rebel.

The gem (Wisdom Gem) has 9 uses.

EDIT: Oh, ninja'd. Typing via phone is slow!

Edited by Wayward Winds

During Chapter 8, you can't access the supplies mid-battle because [spoiler=Chapter 8 Spoiler! ]Fa is controlled by the demon king.

That's annoying, because in my tenth try I finally manged to get to the chests with Letruffe... But then I discovered that I sent his lockpick to the supplies earlier. I really don't want to do the chapter all over again (Hard mode, duh), but I wanted those chests really badly... :sob:
Can you activate the supply command for Hellios or Shiori in this chapter? This would save lots of problems for other players in the future...
And if you're fine with that, could you post another 1.6 patch with this glitch fixed that is compatible with previous saves? I feel rude asking this but man, those level ups Rya got are too good, and I don't want to restart it.. Thank you anyways, alfred.

During Chapter 8, you can't access the supplies mid-battle because [spoiler=Chapter 8 Spoiler! ]Fa is controlled by the demon king.

That's annoying, because in my tenth try I finally manged to get to the chests with Letruffe... But then I discovered that I sent his lockpick to the supplies earlier. I really don't want to do the chapter all over again (Hard mode, duh), but I wanted those chests really badly... :sob:

Can you activate the supply command for Hellios or Shiori in this chapter? This would save lots of problems for other players in the future...

And if you're fine with that, could you post another 1.6 patch with this glitch fixed that is compatible with previous saves? I feel rude asking this but man, those level ups Rya got are too good, and I don't want to restart it.. Thank you anyways, alfred.

I understand your concern, but I'm afraid I can't help you. That's hardcoded to Faratrass' slot. Also, it isn't a glitch, it's intended.

I'm sorry for those level ups, but I feel that forgetting about the Lockpick was ultimately your fault. In the end you find an Holy Fire and Elixir in those chests, value your priorities and decide what is better to keep, the items or the stats.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I understand your concern, but I'm afraid I can't help you. That's hardcoded to Faratrass' slot. Also, it isn't a glitch, it's intended.

I'm sorry for those level ups, but I feel that forgetting about the Lockpick was ultimately your fault. In the end you find an Holy Fire and Elixir in those chests, value your priorities and decide what is better to keep, the items or the stats.

That's true, it was my fault to forget about the lockpick... And the fact that the supply option was hardcoded into Faratrass was somewhat predictable, so that's fine. Thank you for answering anyways Alfred.

And I have a question. During Postgame, will we be able [spoiler=Major spoiler]to recruit Hellios again?

Edited by Domyce432

That's true, it was my fault to forget about the lockpick... And the fact that the supply option was hardcoded into Faratrass was somewhat predictable, so that's fine. Thank you for answering anyways Alfred.

And I have a question. During Postgame, will we be able [spoiler=Major spoiler]to recruit Hellios again?

That's top-secret even for the spoiler tags!

...Meaning that I won't tell you. You'll have to find out that in v.2.0.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I went to play and for some reason it wont load. I keep getting "No image found on ZIP file". Then another Error pops up saying "Unsupported file type"any suggestions?

Edited by sunammi119

I went to play and for some reason it wont load. I keep getting "No image found on ZIP file". Then another Error pops up saying "Unsupported file type"any suggestions?

unzip the rom. unzip the rom. unzip the rom.

then apply patch.

then if necessary rezip the .gba.

Alternatively, if you want real help, give more information. OS, program being used, how you're patching the file, etc