[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been playing midnight sun on my phone and so far it's been great. I patched it on my computer and transferred it to my phone. Do I have to transfer my save file to my computer and patch it when v2.0 comes out and transfer it back to my phone? I have v1.6 at the moment.

If the v1.6 save is compatible with the v2.0 game, then you would not need to transfer the save to your computer, only the updated ROM; then you could get your emulator to load the save from v1.6.

Edited by Eliwan

Hello. This is my first time playing a Fire Emblem hack and I've carefully picked out which is worth playing. I find yours the best out of my choices. However, I seem to be having problems regarding the download. :( I've tried downloading the patch using my PC, laptop and mobile phone but it would get corrupted every time. So I was wondering if you could provide an alternate mirror, any mirror is fine. I really want to play Midnight Sun. Looking forward to your reply~

Hello. This is my first time playing a Fire Emblem hack and I've carefully picked out which is worth playing. I find yours the best out of my choices. However, I seem to be having problems regarding the download. :( I've tried downloading the patch using my PC, laptop and mobile phone but it would get corrupted every time. So I was wondering if you could provide an alternate mirror, any mirror is fine. I really want to play Midnight Sun. Looking forward to your reply~

Sure thing friend, here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yoz52e7h393x00/FEMS%20v1-6.zip?dl=0

Have fun with Midnight Sun! :)

Thank you very much Alfred! I've successfully played it and I'm now at Ch 3. Although, I have one more question. Is there an existing ranking of characters depending on their overall usefulness if not, do you think you could provide one quick list? If that's okay. I've been having trouble choosing who to raise quickly because I love all their art and their character in general. >.<

I WISH I COULD MAN

There's not really a tier list, but I strongly recommend Andre, he's not too tough to level compared to SS trainees, and he becomes a monster. The other two trainees are decent as well. I'll go into detail on a few other characters for fun, but the balance seems really good so far, so you can choose who you like most. But Andre is beast, and no matter who else you use, you should use him.

Rya is your only bow user, and you should keep her around, especially for killing eyeballs.

Cristoph is pretty good, but you can replace him with Djambo or the brigand if you have too many axe users, since Menmus and Weiss also use axes.

Speaking of which, I've found that you can get by using only one of the two fliers. I tend to use Scwarz over Menmus, because axe users are plentiful.

The mrym whose name escapes me is pretty good. Not amazing, but she's cute, and she'll have access to a new promotion option in the next patch, which is enough for me.

Weiss and the troubadour whose name I can't spell from memory are both awesome units, I highly recommend them.

The thief is a decent fighter, but you can use him strictly as a thief if you don't want to put exp into him.

The lance trainee is a little tougher to use than the other two, but her stats get good, and you'll be a little short on lance users without her.

That's about all I got right now, so get playing and have fun. Maybe stay away from the two prepromos, aside from healing and emergency kills.

There's not really a tier list, but I strongly recommend Andre, he's not too tough to level compared to SS trainees, and he becomes a monster. The other two trainees are decent as well. I'll go into detail on a few other characters for fun, but the balance seems really good so far, so you can choose who you like most. But Andre is beast, and no matter who else you use, you should use him.

Rya is your only bow user, and you should keep her around, especially for killing eyeballs.

Cristoph is pretty good, but you can replace him with Djambo or the brigand if you have too many axe users, since Menmus and Weiss also use axes.

Speaking of which, I've found that you can get by using only one of the two fliers. I tend to use Scwarz over Menmus, because axe users are plentiful.

The mrym whose name escapes me is pretty good. Not amazing, but she's cute, and she'll have access to a new promotion option in the next patch, which is enough for me.

Weiss and the troubadour whose name I can't spell from memory are both awesome units, I highly recommend them.

The thief is a decent fighter, but you can use him strictly as a thief if you don't want to put exp into him.

The lance trainee is a little tougher to use than the other two, but her stats get good, and you'll be a little short on lance users without her.

That's about all I got right now, so get playing and have fun. Maybe stay away from the two prepromos, aside from healing and emergency kills.

What class did you change andre to? I made him into a mage

Edited by UltimateGamers03

What class did you change andre to? I made him into a mage

I've actually done two playthroughs and tried both. But the first time I did mage. He had high stats all around, but his HP in particular went through the roof as a mage. Almost hit 40 by level 20.

Howdy there! I made (read: decided to actually use) this account recently, so I just wanted to drop by and say that I've really enjoyed this project so far! It's quite impressive how much you've put into this game in terms of characters, map design and balance, and it's not even finished yet. Just wanted to let you know you've got another fan. Good work so far and hang in there! I'll be here rootin' for ya.

So I promoted Sae'rah to soldier, and I noticed that she had significantly reduced exp gain for defeating enemies than the other trainees. Is this a glitch?

https://vid.me/x2uv (Proof, sorry for the bad quality)

She's probably just a few levels higher than Andre, or her personal exp gain is lower than his. (I know it exists because Alfred said he lowered Hellios', but gave him better growths.)

She's probably just a few levels higher than Andre, or her personal exp gain is lower than his. (I know it exists because Alfred said he lowered Hellios', but gave him better growths.)

No, Andre and Sae'rah were both 10/2. Still, it seems strange that Sae'rah would need lowered exp gain, she certainly doesn't blow Andre/Djambo out of the water.

EDIT: What's even stranger is the fact that her EXP gain for damaging units seems to be on par with the other trainees. (She damaged a unit in Ch. 8, then I had her defeat that same enemy, and both of those actions gave her around 20 EXP, if I recall correctly.)

Edited by Weißer Ritter

Oh my, just wanna drop by to say one thing concerning this game (as far as i can see, Alfred still reads them =) after all this time!)

Actually i always was a big fan of the Sacred Stones and so i played it over and over again, but recently i wanted to try something "new"

and i found this romhack (without even noticing that it hasn't been finished yet) and WOW, it's great! I just got through it and was soo disappointed when it ended abruptly....
So Alfred, i'm also waiting desperately for new chapters to come =) This plot twist ..I simply love that storyline, it's already as great as FE 8. You sure did a really really great job on it.

Non posso aspettare! Amo questo gioco :D

Greetings from one of your german fans =)

Edited by Freyachelda

Oh my, just wanna drop by to say one thing concerning this game (as far as i can see, Alfred still reads them =) after all this time!)

Actually i always was a big fan of the Sacred Stones and so i played it over and over again, but recently i wanted to try something "new"

and i found this romhack (without even noticing that it hasn't been finished yet) and WOW, it's great! I just got through it and was soo disappointed when it ended abruptly....

So Alfred, i'm also waiting desperately for new chapters to come =) This plot twist ****************...I simply love that storyline, it's already as great as FE 8. You sure did a really really great job on it.

Non posso aspettare! Amo questo gioco :D

Greetings from one of your german fans =)

Could you please put the

[spoiler=Interlude Spoilers]"Fa being Shiori's sister" plot twist

in a spoiler tag please? Some people may not have reached the Interlude yet.

Edited by Domyce432

Hi there, i would if I knew how :D for the time being i'll delete the spoiler part. thank you!

(I'm assuming you're typing this from a computer)

You have to type [spoiler=*name of the spoiler tag*] and after that what you want to put in the spoiler tag. After you write the spoiler, simply add [/spoileX].

(Instead of "X" use "r", I wrote that typo intentionally so you could see how to add a spoiler tag.)

Anyways, back on topic...

Does anyone think there's a way to complete this hack on hard mode with 0% growths?

Edited by Domyce432

Hey, I played this quite some time ago and just never posted anything ( I know I'm a POS =P )

BUT I've been lurking around here checking for updates and etc. I finally made an account and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your mod!!

Thanks and keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update!!

*edit* Also I am looking forward to playing Shiori's route more, because of the added difficulty. Not sure if I will want to play an easier route second so will probably play Fara's first.

Edited by urug99