[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Skills unfortunately are very tricky to assign to classes as the game implements the skills in such a way that the classes are in a range, so skills can't be assigned to individual classes unless you put them in that range so it goes like "classes between XX and YY have this skill" not the much easier "x, a, q & w have the skill";

You're right. You could always make "Ross" a axe thief though

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being able to use a sword would be cool like hero with a crit bonus but someone would have to make an animation (well not really but map animations are boring)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your support.

Anyway, guys...

23rd May 2014

^ release date

Also, I've (almost) finished working on the OST. Took me more than expected because I wanted to do things properly.

Have three samples. They're in-game recordings btw.

Cheers!

Man, those are sweet!

And I swear I've heard that 3rd song somewhere... Which game is it from?

Edited by PixelmanFE

#hype

Once again, big commendation for the sheer amount of effort and grit you've put into this.

Music is sounding great. I still can't get over the mileage we can get out of those GBA instruments. Sacred Stones doesn't use a different setup for sound than FE6-FE7 does it?

Edited by Siuloir

#hype

Once again, big commendation for the sheer amount of effort and grit you've put into this.

Music is sounding great. I still can't get over the mileage we can get out of those GBA instruments. Sacred Stones doesn't use a different setup for sound than FE6-FE7 does it?

Nope, same.

Thank you for your support.

Anyway, guys...

23rd May 2014

^ release date

Also, I've (almost) finished working on the OST. Took me more than expected because I wanted to do things properly.

Have three samples. They're in-game recordings btw.

Cheers!

thumb_1363549808859.png

Can't wait! The new music just makes me even more hyped

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and kind support, guys! \^^/

hype train choo choo I am also very excite

The battle prep is Ns castle from pokemon :0

Umh, it isn't... :0

Btw, are there any Bravely Default players here? ;)

^ The original midi was a mess. I had to ask Agro to help me a bit with this. XP Thanks again, Agro~ (see what changes I made to the version you passed me btw, hehe!)

And yeah, Novala's name is a placeholder

Cheers~

Yeah, I know. =( GBA music is a bitch to hack after all, it's hard to recreate the same feeling with max 7 notes at once. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! Better? Changed some volumes and panning, and added a couple program changes.

There's also a version without the choir at the beginning, but I don't like it very much.

might wanna change novalas portrait to an fe7 shaded style one, it looks jarringly out of place with all the nice fe7 shaded ones around.

other than that this looks promising (especially in the world building department)

nice song btw

might wanna change novalas portrait to an fe7 shaded style one, it looks jarringly out of place with all the nice fe7 shaded ones around.

other than that this looks promising (especially in the world building department)

nice song btw

Thank you. Anyway Novala's portrait is a placeholder. Hm, in the first release 'only' playable characters will have full custom mugs, while bosses and NPCs will be simply recolors. There's still a lot of work to do and we won't make it in time for the release, honestly.

What do you mean by "FE7 shaded", btw? The palettes? All the mugs are in FE8 colors.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Damn, Fatass has a hell of a battle animation :O

Nothing special, but thanks. :O

.... F-Fatass? *sigh* I knew her name sounded funny in English, haha. Faratrass the farting Forretress in the Fortress

Nevermind, I used to read your username without the L after all.

Edited by Alfred Kamon