[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Anyway Novala's portrait is a placeholder. Hm, in the first release 'only' playable characters will have full custom mugs, while bosses and NPCs will be simply recolors. There's still a lot of work to do and we won't make it in time for the release, honestly.

What do you mean by "FE7 shaded", btw? The palettes? All the mugs are in FE8 colors.

He means the use of the 3rd skin shade, FE7 doesn't use it as much as FE8, most noticeable on the far cheeks. FE7 makes it lighter overall. (The thing is, a few mugs actually use the FE7 style in FE8, lol, Eirika comes to mind, compare her cheek to, say Franz's.

Edited by L95

now... you've gone too far...

Awww, come on, I just have a terrible sense of humor~ <3

He means the use of the 3rd skin shade, FE7 doesn't use it as much as FE8, most noticeable on the far cheeks. FE7 makes it lighter overall. (The thing is, a few mugs actually use the FE7 style, Eirika comes to mind, compare her cheek to, say Franz's.

Hmmm, oh, I see. Thank you very much Lindsy, I'll keep that in mind. =)

N-no...?

What is it? It sounds incredibly familiar...

Or are you being picky? As it technically is the bridge theme, not the castle theme

^ This. I'm such a terrible person. X3

But the bridge theme is way cooler than the castle theme, imo =)

Nice catch, anyway, you have good musical memory :0

I hate it. It sucks.

Freddy, you need to get good, and you need to get good soon.

This is completely unacceptable.

Unacceptable!

But d'aww, I thought it was adoraaaabluh.

Well, I know it's bad, among the ones I inserted it's the only midi you touched, after all

Your fault, Matto-sama :3

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Nothing special, but thanks. :O

.... F-Fatass? *sigh* I knew her name sounded funny in English, haha. Faratrass the farting Forretress in the Fortress

Nevermind, I used to read your username without the L after all.

Actually sounds perfectly fine to me. Fahr-uh-trass, or Fehr-a-trass, at least to me. Or Fa-ra-trass, I suppose, since Novala calls her Fa.

Edited by Siuloir

I always just read it as fatass and secretly hope she's meant to be bottom heavy

there's only the top of the portrait to go by so it could be the case

Edited by Izayoi

Me and my amazing reading ability sees her name as "Fatarass". . .this isn't your fault, it's mine.

I think the music fits.

Haha! It's ok. It's a strange name after all.

Thanks~

I always just read it as fatass and secretly hope she's meant to be bottom heavy

there's only the top of the portrait to go by so it could be the case

lel you perv

what's with those avatars btw, they're creepy

I've always said Fa-ra-trass, I honestly never noticed "fatass" until klok pointed it out :u

Or Fa-ra-trass, I suppose, since Novala calls her Fa.

Yes, that's the right pronounciation. =)

I chuckled a little on hearing the pronounciation of Faratrass.

...Just a little.

EDIT: It's by no means a bad name though, IMO. Not like everyone will like every name anyhow.

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

now... you've gone too far...

I wil let you know that the cock is France's symbol and our national pride !

You should feels honored to be comapared to such a noble animal !

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and kind support, guys! \^^/

Umh, it isn't... :0

Btw, are there any Bravely Default players here? ;)

^ The original midi was a mess. I had to ask Agro to help me a bit with this. XP Thanks again, Agro~ (see what changes I made to the version you passed me btw, hehe!)

And yeah, Novala's name is a placeholder

Cheers~

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

It may be unintentional, but this part somehow reminded me of Wizard Barristers.

And since I'm french, I never had any problem with Faratrass. It's a pretty straightforward name, pronounciation-whise.

Anyway... Good Night and Good Luck !

I see it as lots of things whenever I see it, and most of them are pretty silly. Faratrass is one of the weirdest names I've ever seen in a fangame. Certainly unique in any case.

Umh, yeah. >,<

Faratrass is an important name to me, anyway. That's why I'm so attached to it, it's certainly not a random name I came up with while being drunk, haha. uh especially because I don't drink

I chuckled a little on hearing the pronounciation of Faratrass.

...Just a little.

It's due to my sexy voice, isn't it?

And since I'm french, I never had any problem with Faratrass. It's a pretty straightforward name, pronounciation-whise.

Anyway... Good Night and Good Luck !

Hehe yup! =)

Thank you very much! >o<

I always knew the French were a bunch of koks.

Fixed <3

So, random question: what's better in your opinion for skirmishes difficulty? While we've already discussed about the Tower/Ruins, I'm still not sure about these ones. Should the enemies be weaker than normal in skirmishes to allow characters who were left behind to get some levels, while not giving much exp to those who are already high levelled? Or should the enemies be even stronger, just for the challenge (making it more difficult and more rewarding to get some extra exp)?

I could even do both, maybe some skirmishes will be extra hard but they'll give you some good loot, and other skirmishes will be way easier but won't give you anything relevant... that was the general idea I had. I'm still testing it though.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I think skirmishes should be easy to allow weak characters that were left behind to level up, since those are the ones that need to be trainned, and not the strong ones, you don't want to train those because then they would be way to strong and would make the game easy

I think skirmishes should be easy to allow weak characters that were left behind to level up, since those are the ones that need to be trainned, and not the strong ones, you don't want to train those because then they would be way to strong and would make the game easy

Thank you~ That much is pretty obvious anyway. I want to make things a little more interesting.

And there are a lot of possibilities, actually. Who said that strong enemies = tons of exp? They could be just strong but at lv.1, and the actual point of fighting them would be the possibility to get some rare weapons.

Just putting weak enemies that allow you to get infinite exp would make it the same as FE8. I would be pretty much ignoring everything we said about Valni/Lagdou back in January, and I don't want that. XP

Oh, guys, feel free to ask me anything about the hack. I might also post some screenshots to answer you eventually. XP

Some pre-release extra information might be nice for ya, right? ~

Thank you~ That much is pretty obvious anyway. I want to make things a little more interesting.

And there are a lot of possibilities, actually. Who said that strong enemies = tons of exp? They could be just strong but at lv.1, and the actual point of fighting them would be the possibility to get some rare weapons.

Just putting weak enemies that allow you to get infinite exp would make it the same as FE8. I would be pretty much ignoring everything we said about Valni/Lagdou back in January, and I don't want that. XP

Maybe a few human skirmishes would be nice? Like advance scouts of the enemy or something. Just to give the skirmishes more variety than just monsters.

A character with a small chance of appearing in skirmishes that you could recruit would be cool, or use skirmishes to recruit characters you missed, or maybe a dude that would reward you if you protect him

it's been demonstrated that you can actually apply events to skirmish chapters and lagdou/valni

i would love to see actual things happening in the skirmishes

Edited by CT075

Maybe a few human skirmishes would be nice? Like advance scouts of the enemy or something. Just to give the skirmishes more variety than just monsters.

A character with a small chance of appearing in skirmishes that you could recruit would be cool, or use skirmishes to recruit characters you missed, or maybe a dude that would reward you if you protect him

Hey, these are the kinds of ideas I was searching for; pretty great I should say! ^^ Good job.

@John: Hmm... I could indeed include some Risen humans there. Just like in the Tower or Ruins.

@Sairento: "A character with a small chance of appearing in skirmishes" -> I'm pretty sure this is doable. But I can't reduce the chances below 33%.

"that you could recruit" -> This is *really* difficult, because as far as I know, Skirmishes events are executed automatically and can be summarized with the following:

> Activate map change with ID #0

> Load one of the three random lists of units for skirmishes on this map

I'm 100% sure that Location-Based events (Houses, etc.) won't work anymore on Skirmishes maps. I still have to test Character-based events though (the "Talk" commands pretty much) but I'm almost sure they won't work... which kinda limits our possibilities, uh.

"Dude that rewards you if you protect him" -> Again, this would require some sort of "Ending Scene" event, which can't be executed in Skirmishes.

Floors 1-5 should be extremely weak enemies that give very little exp.

Floors 6+ should be extremely strong enemies that give good items but not good EXP.

just my opinion

Klok we're talking about Skirmishes, not the Tower/Ruins. We had already discussed about those two months ago. Anyway It's an interesting concept. I wanted to do something similar already, and limit the amount of floors you can visit (making you able to unlock new floors when you progress in the story or meet some requirements).

it's been demonstrated that you can actually apply events to skirmish chapters and lagdou/valni

i would love to see actual things happening in the skirmishes

Are you sure? I was aware of events in Tower/Valni, but even in Skirmishes?

I should test it some more, as far as I remember that wasn't possible.

Maybe disable EXP gain on higher-level skirmish enemies altogether?

That's a possibility indeed, but I'd prefer some better design whenever possible. . .

/derp, sorry for double post ;_; I actually wanted to edit the previous one

Edited by Alfred Kamon