[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Not sure if it's intended or not, but I can only go to the Armory on the world map location for chapter two, there was a shop in the map as well.

(not a real problem, I bought some stuff while playing the chapter)

Also, minor graphical glitch:

Edited by L95

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=chapter 2 shops]Not sure if it's intended or not, but I can only go to the Armory on the world map location for chapter two, there was a shop in the map as well.

(not a real problem, I bought some stuff while playing the chapter)

That's intended. ;o

Otherwise there's no reason to visit the shops during the chapter.

And in the original FE8, chapter 2 didn't have a shop, only an armory-- and I don't know how to add the shop in the world map.

I once tried to just put the shop items in the world map armory, and it worked fine-- however, it was a bit weird, so I scrapped the idea.

Also guys, please add words to the spoiler tags if you can. Otherwise it gets kinda ambiguous whether to open the spoiler or not, and I don't want people to get spoiled if possible...

Just write it like this: [spoiler=stuff]

^ just saying', 'cause I discovered this yesterday. lel I'm such a noob

P.S. Thanks SB for the compliments on chapter 5. ;) I like that chapter very much too~

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Found a ...what do you call it? Graphic bug?

EOAZmkR.png

Missing the first letter of her name, other characters are fine.

Edited by Fateborn

Found a ...what do you call it? Graphic bug?

EOAZmkR.png

Missing the first letter of her name, other characters are fine.

Read "Known Issues.txt", please. <3

Apparently her name is too long to fit in some menus.

I'll have to find the graphics for letters, and shorten those "A"s and "S"s by one pixel or two. And no, I'm not going to change her name instead

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Hellios is 10000x better than Seth.

Better is not the word I'd use, but yes. He gains XP at a Tier1 rate while having berserk starting stats, a mount and a 1-2 range weapon. His growths are quite solid, too. He can pretty much pull a Seth and solo the game if you're so inclined.

I'm enjoying the hack immensely (Except Chapter 5), though. It's really creator preference in that regard, since FE8 was fine with Seth being as silly as he was.

[spoiler=Hellios, God Emperor of Magvel]

6185badef9b53ace01fd02ba54fee33b.png

Edited by Siuloir

I don't know how far you guys are, but you're in for some surprises *shot shot shot*

seriously though Hellios' speed could use some work for late-game IMO, but otherwise he's pretty solid

EDIT: also Al with all these questions it might be worth it to invest in a walkthrough or at least a F.A.Q. XD

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

[spoiler=Chapter 5 Stuff]

It's really misleading what walls traversable and what ones are not, and makes the chapter...not so enjoyable to play, IMO.) If a chapter boils down to 'do this specific set of movements, or fail', I don't think it's really in the spirit of Fire Emblem.

Edited by Siuloir

Sooooo, On Chapter 4, i got scared SO many times and stuff, and i had to restart it because I want to recruit all the characters aaaaaaaaand, Djambo died.

How do I recruit him? I know I talked to What's-His-Face before I Killed him, I swear if it'e because I had to reset chapter 4 because I forgot to trade, I will be sad (and say fuck Djambo I hate journymen anyways)

Found an error with your text scripting for chapter 2 house. (The closest house to the shop/armory)

There's no [A] or pause to let us read them while accelerating the emulator.

Edit: I have to ask...

Who made that lovely Cattleya mug?

Edit2: Also, will one have a chance to acquire another Warp Blade for Hellios? (mine broke on chapter 2 while ramboing Tirado)

Edited by Fateborn

Found an error with your text scripting for chapter 2 house. (The closest house to the shop/armory)

Edit2: Also, will one have a chance to acquire another Warp Blade for Hellios? (mine broke on chapter 2 while ramboing Tirado)

Man, you used yours SO early, LOL, I still have like 20 uses left~

I find Menmus the best sprite tbh imo js

Should have just used his Steel Sword. It's not like any enemy can hurt him on that chapter.

This hack has given me a whole new appreciation for the usage of FE8 colors on mugs.

Edited by Siuloir

If you restart Chapter 5x, you get the boss kill cutscenes in succession after visiting the house.

Up to Ch6 at this point and the chapters are really interesting.

Funnily enough. . . they did.

Most things in that chapter struggle to hit Hellios, let alone do more than a handful of damage to him. He essentially can prance right through their lines by himself to 1RKO Tirado.

You should probably not post every single individual missed [A] when you can write them in a text file and PM them to Alfred when you're done?

Edited by Siuloir

Found a text script error again on Chapter 4.

After turn 2 in the conversation with Faratrass (you know which one) An [A] is missing there too.

I would be pretty cheesed if I got notifications from a guy just doing what you're doing. If I was just gonna nit-pick about these super minute things I would just PM AK about it. Or at least make a list of what you find then pm ak about it

/rantover

Edited by Ghaststation

There's no [A] or pause to let us read them while accelerating the emulator.]

Pretty sure this is intentional? The old lady talks a lot, and the character that enters the house even leaves because she is talking too much. Well, it struck me as an intentional joke... -shrug-

Well...guess my plans on playing this hack have been slightly delayed by one day courtesy of my English exam being today. OH well, after that plus gym, I'm definitely starting it up. Will tell first impressions.

You're getting. . .feedback on Known Issues. I'll get to playing the patch when I stop hacking body parts up.

Faratrass' name is too large to fir within her slots

That should be "fit".

If you'd like, I'm willing to rewrite the Known Issues for clarity's sake (along with whatever other issues people have found since the initial release).

Am I missing some sort of special condition for Andre or Djambo to visit the left village near the start of Chapter 6? Because for some reason, neither of them can visit the village.