FE13 out in Europe Q2 2013

Any news on a North American release? They're usually earlier than European. I can't wait until I get my Canadian copy of Fire Emblem.

I don't think Halo 4 and Pikmin 3 will entertain me all the way to Q2.

Edited by Knight

We got FE11 in America later than Europe did, wouldn't surprise me terribly if that happened again for FE13.

EDIT: y is not e except after c. or something.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Xenoblade was indeed a very special case. I'm not privy to the details, but it seems Nintendo of Europe chose to localise it themselves, and it was only later that Nintendo of America decided to localise it. However, they only released it via limited channels in America. A similar case with The Last Story, but a different company (XSEED) published it in America.

Awakening is probably a more standard localisation job. If anything, it'll probably be like Shadow Dragon, where its released in Europe first and America later, but share the same localisation (the American, apparently).

Yes, this will give everyone ample time to play the FE12 translation, so I'm not too perturbed by this.

Good point. Also, I'm just happy to hear that it is coming out, and that they haven't dropped it.

Still, I hope the US release comes out about the same time.

Too bad it isn't sooner. I'm actually very interested in being able to do a playthrough of the game where I can understand the story.

I agree with arvilno. It's not that much longer of a wait, but it's still a fair bit of a ways off. I'd hope (but won't hold my breath) that the Europe and NA dates could share releases. I guess the small silver lining is that there is at least an estimated release area for someone.

Assuming that Q2 refers to April-June, I estimate mid April. If it isn't that or anything sooner, then screw you IS for tormenting me.

I knew the original "January" date was a bunch of whooie, but was actually banking on a late March release date. But yes.

Q2 should be something around March 26th - June 27th (Guestimating based upon past quarters). I'd wager an April release date as well, but early for me.

So does this game have a lot of text to translated or is it just a really low priority game when it comes to localization?

Both, I'm sure. All things considered, FE13 has far more dialogue than any FE game ever before it - probably more than twice as much as the next most talkative. But everything points to NOA not caring much about FE in the first place.

What would be the most talkative Fire Emblem game? Of the ones I've played I'd probably say Radiant Dawn since that's one long ass game with a lot of plot relevant characters in various locations with alterations on subsequent playthoughs. Still though it doesn't have any in depth support convos like the previous games.

Still though it doesn't have any in depth support convos like the previous games.

FE13 alone in that respect only serves to magnify "this is is a text heavy game." It's a freaking FE VN for goodness sake.

MU has supports with EVERYONE.

And depending on the parents of the children, have THOSE supports too. Including one if their sibling is Mark instead of a compatible second generation marriage partner.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'd say FE7, FE9 or FE12 are the next most talkative FEs, in my opinion anyway.

FE8 is similar to FE7, but with less chapters. FE6 has more supports, but they're all really short.

FE10 is longer than FE9, but has no real support conversations, although it does have a crapload of battle conversations.

I honestly can't say how FE12 compares. It's probably got less story dialogue because it's a 15 year old game, but it's got a rather lengthy campaign still and plenty of support conversations, plus the four BSFE chapters. Whatever the case, it seems to have loads of text to me o__o

While the wait may be annoying, for the state of the series in the West, this is a good thing. With Paper Mario coming in November, I would wager that the average Nintendo fan would grab that over Fire Emblem. Throw in the release of the Wii U beside that, and there really is no room for Fire Emblem this year.