Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

i look forward to an inspiring talk about love and boys between rosaria and cadea.

remember when making a gender bend they should still share qualitys of apperance of the original

She's bi.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And even with the changes I've made, it's still only a 37% female cast. With that in mind, I've decided to more liberally offer sex changes to characters who were cut in FE3 (Roger, Beck, Darros). Say hello to Rosaria, Beitrice, and Darcy.

Will Rosaria have the same recruitment convo as Roger in FE11

Rosaria.

Also I just ran some numbers calculating the percentages and everything: these changes bring me up to ~42% of the cast being female. For reference, the original FE1 had a cast that was 21% female (so it's basically been doubled), and Shadow Dragon barely moved the needle to 23% (because that's what happens when you add a bunch of dudes to a cast with a bunch of dudes).

So yeah, this is definitely more acceptable for me after these last few tweaks.

Because in case you didn't hear, Ubisoft recently got some flak for saying that having female protagonists was a "workload issue." Fuck that.

Edited by Arch

Rosaria.

Also I just ran some numbers calculating the percentages and everything: these changes bring me up to ~42% of the cast being female. For reference, the original FE1 had a cast that was 21% female (so it's basically been doubled), and Shadow Dragon barely moved the needle to 23% (because that's what happens when you add a bunch of dudes to a cast with a bunch of dudes).

So yeah, this is definitely more acceptable for me after these last few tweaks.

Because in case you didn't hear, Ubisoft recently got some flak for saying that having female protagonists was a "workload issue." Fuck that.

I honestly see no point in changing a buncha characters to girls and adding more on top of that. I don't remember playing Shadow Dragon and being like "woah there's like way too many dudes here". Nobody wants a sausage fest, but making this many changes that literally don't affect gameplay at all seems pointless to me. I suppose I just have to see how it works out, though.

It's called #SocialJustice. Basically building the resources from scratch anyways, so might as well actually use my creative liberties to get some better gender balance.

Also for people that check FEU there's a surprise

Edited by Arch

It's called #SocialJustice. Basically building the resources from scratch anyways, so might as well actually use my creative liberties to get some better gender balance.

Also for people that check FEU there's a surprise

i love you forever

as far as the female change thing goes i am cool with it as long as the characters are identifiable to there original personality's and appearances (taking in mind changes for gender roles of course) so as long as character remains the same im cool with it.

if not though prepare to feel my wrath.

New idea. Cut Gordin and replace him with Norne. Then use freed character slot to bring back Tomas.

I'm only half kidding.

Edited by Arch

New idea. Cut Gordin and replace him with Norne. Then use freed character slot to bring back Tomas.

I'm only half kidding.

Would "choose the version of the green-haired archer that most people don't like" be a bad thing? :P:

What if you just throw the new versions of the characters in with the old ones and have a huge party?

Sprite them all and I will.

Gaggle Bow (2MT negates def) for Gordin.

Broadsword (armorslayer) for Ogma.

Wing Spear (reaver) for Caeda.

Excalibur for Merric/Wendell.

Aura for Linde.

Liuye Dao (6MT Brave +15crit) for Navarre.

Ranseur (dragonslayer) for Frey.

Something for Minerva.

Viking Axe for Dice.

Something sick for Maris.

Something for Etzel?

PRFs get 45 uses.

...I'm just taking notes. Feel free to share ideas. What I'd do with more weapon locks, basically.

Edited by Arch

Grimoire for Etzel

Money Money! for Maris (she likes money, similar to Leif's blade in awakening. Not sure about the title of the weapon but sure about the money)

Whitewing for Minerva.

Defender for Cain (sword passed from his brothers as he left Cornelius). Strong against magic users.

Pouncer for Abel (lance, symbolises him as the panther has low might but decent crit).

Edited by SonPancham

I've been considering introducing sporadic Interlude chapters (so like between Ch8 and Ch9, there's an interlude where you get to have units talk and restock on a boat, for example), and having talk events in regular chapters kickstart chains of events that will unlock a bunch of these PRFs. Low deployment slots in the interludes will force you to choose which ones to pursue (the chains will be one in-chapter and two interludes to get the item, and there will be three/maybe four interlude chapters).

So hypothetically the more the merrier. I like the thief sword idea for Maris, if I could even implement something like that.

Edited by Arch

.Athena looks gone,

Isn't Athena like the only one of the new FE11 characters that had any fans?

Edit: Basically I am supporting bringing back Athena at the expense of cutting others, if need be.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

She's confirmed in. Lategame swordmaster in a three-way gaiden split that gives you either her, Lorenz or Ymir.

Edited by Arch

Gaggle Bow (2MT negates def) for Gordin.

Broadsword (armorslayer) for Ogma.

Wing Spear (reaver) for Caeda.

Excalibur for Merric/Wendell.

Aura for Linde.

Liuye Dao (6MT Brave +15crit) for Navarre.

Ranseur (dragonslayer) for Frey.

Something for Minerva.

Viking Axe for Dice.

Something sick for Maris.

Something for Etzel?

PRFs get 45 uses.

...I'm just taking notes. Feel free to share ideas. What I'd do with more weapon locks, basically.

What happened to Minerva's Hauteclare? It wasn't a prf weapon, but it was identified (in a house) as being hers. Not to mention one of a kind.

...Frey's not the canon sacrifice anymore? That's fine; I prefer to chuck Jeigan to the wolves anyway. He's worse than Marcus!

Edited by Wayward Winds

Will Paladins use axes?

Will you continue to be awesome?

Will Great knights make an appearance and if who will wield the class?

Anymore preference weapons needing a title ( Coyote lance for the Coyote, perhaps)

Edited by SonPancham

1. No.

Maybe.

Yes (Sword/Axe). Horace will.

I'm just kinda fishing for ideas/names for weapon for anybody really. If I get a good PRF idea that character might actually get it, so.

Edited by Arch