Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

wew, this looks cool. I'm not really well-informed on the Marth series, but Marth's dad was never shown, right? Does that make this prologue cutscene a made up one? It's always good to see unique content in remakes if that's what it is.

There's quite a lot of unique content, yes. There are a few lines of the prologue that are lifted from Shadow Dragon, but otherwise they're completely new cutscenes. Marth's father, Cornelius, never appeared in the original (he shows up in a brief opening cutscene shot in Shadow Dragon, which is what his appearance here is based on - he dies off-screen in Shadow Dragon's prologue).

Other than that, along with the obligatory bumpdate, comes with the obligatory "estimated date of release?"

an estimated date of release with arch's work? don't make me laugh~

It'll be released no later than January 1st, 2020. Edited by Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's quite a lot of unique content, yes. There are a few lines of the prologue that are lifted from Shadow Dragon, but otherwise they're completely new cutscenes. Marth's father, Cornelius, never appeared in the original (he shows up in a brief opening cutscene shot in Shadow Dragon, which is what his appearance here is based on - he dies off-screen in Shadow Dragon's prologue).

It'll be released no later than January 1st, 2020.

He showed up in the 1st OVA episode of Fire Emblem, too

Other than that though, it's great to see that progress on this hack has started again! I'm gonna follow cause I'm really excited to see how this comes along

Edited by Pixelman

It'll be released no later than January 1st, 2020.

Let's give us some credit here, I'm sure you can conjure up something solid by December 30th 2019!

But in all seriousness, that's great to hear. I'm a lot more interested in the project knowing that it's aiming to have unique content now. A straight remake with only some slight balance changes is kind of lazy. The story's already been told once after all, ya gotta make it unique in your own way.

Edited by Rhayader

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised to see that people were still hyped for this after the topic had been locked for so long. So, I figured I'd share my timeline and release goals for the next year or so.

But first, I've got to give a massive shout-out to my assistant, Ash3wl, who has been helping me tremendously by drafting the first drafts of chapter events. These projects are a massive undertaking. At this point in my life, with a full time job and limited time to devote to game development, I simply cannot "go it alone" on the dev side of things like I was able to for the large majority of Elibean Nights. Creating a commercial-length game such as Exalted Legacy simply wouldn't be possible without Ash's assistance. Just wanted to thank him publicly, and make sure everybody knows what an integral role he's playing in the development of this project.

There's also a small writing staff that's helping me with editing and various text, and, of course, my heart goes out to all of the talented artists who've helped fulfill the project's spriting needs. Y'all are great.

My current release goals are:

- Release up through Ch10/10x by 12/25/15.

- Release up through Ch16/16x by 8/31/16.

Understand that I call them "goals" for a reason, because I've learned that ROM hacking is unpredictable and oftentimes messy. I don't like making promises that I can't be assured I can keep, but it's also good to have self-imposed goals like these to keep things chugging along.

But also I gotta finish Elibean Nights real quick brb.

Edited by Arch

• 2 weeks later...

Here have a teaser of the teaser that's coming out on Sunday

JVrdqFE.png

If I designed a qt oc would you use it

If it's a class that needs an oc yeah Edited by Arch

Wasn't Naga a man in the past before he reincarnated as Nagi?

And people accuse me of "gender-bending," lol.

I don't really know/care at this point, I'm just glad that the opening cutscene is complete because ugh CG insertion is time consuming.

CG opening, as in the pre-title bullshit?

Nice, I remember doing that for FE8.5 but gave up because after I had re-inserted every one of those flipping bars there was issue that caused a tile glitch on one of the last few at he very top.

No wonder I gave this shit up, it's infuriating.

GG.

CG opening, as in the pre-title bullshit?

No, it's just a prologue event sequence that simulates an opening. I'll probably just dummy out the FE7 one.

I thought Anri got the Falchion from the Ice dragon temple? Maybe I'm getting mixed up... <.<

I think it's the same place? Edited by Arch

Looks great Arch! Love the trailer. It features Cain my favourite character. If possible, could you have cameos of his brothers at some point. That moustache is majestic btw. Hope to hear more from you. Also, willing to do supports if you want. I did a Cain x Jagen if you're interested.

Edited by SonPancham

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...